Ebola outbreak - general thread #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I must be missing something; I'm puzzled that he would feel this way. It seems to me the patient had received the best treatment, along with a healthy dose of compassion and caring from complete strangers. What more could have been done?

They wanted a blood transfusion from one of the doctors who survived, but he wasn't a match, and he was too far gone anyway. Why spend more resources on him, when it was all donated and he lied in the first place???

Going to the same hospital in Dallas that Duncan was in. Dallas Presbyterian.

Well, they have an isolation room now, that's something.

Oh hell! It looks like it may have been one of the responders that went into Duncans apartment!

Meagan Harris @MeaganMHarris · 10m 10 minutes ago

BREAKING: SUV surrounded by tape at Frisco CareNow belongs to one of the Dallas Co deputies that went into the #Ebola patients apartment.

Is it insensitive of me to say I'm more worried about the harmless and blameless dog than the woman?

Almost NO diseases are transmittable cross species. "putting the dog down" is a knee jerk reaction, imo.

Oh hell! It looks like it may have been one of the responders that went into Duncans apartment!

BREAKING: SUV surrounded by tape at Frisco CareNow belongs to one of the Dallas Co deputies that went into the #Ebola patients apartment.

NOW we can seriously start talking about a law suit. Hopefully this turns out to be a false alarm.

O M G ! That is pretty rough. So this infection, sorry to say, is squarely on the Dallas County Health Departments' shoulders ! Squarely. Earlier today I linked an article about the Judge in Dallas and all the reasons he is NOT to worry about ebola but IIRC , he was with the Deputies who went in at the time, so they are ALL still at risk. . . . .

Oh No! I so wish Youngor had said the word "Ebola", rather than just "virus". She too didn't want Duncan to be stigmatized by it and didn't want to diagnose it, but now this poor man's life is endangered.

They wanted a blood transfusion from one of the doctors who survived, but he wasn't a match, and he was too far gone anyway. Why spend more resources on him, when it was all donated and he lied in the first place???

Thanks for the info...I wondered about the "lying" part, since I haven't been keeping as up to date as many of you, and maybe that charge had been refuted. I suppose when it's your family member, you want every possible thing to be done, even when it's evident it won't work (blood transfusion).

Please, please, please let this not be true.

O M G ! That is pretty rough. So this infection, sorry to say, is squarely on the Dallas County Health Departments' shoulders ! Squarely. Earlier today I linked an article about the Judge in Dallas and all the reasons he is NOT to worry about ebola but IIRC , he was with the Deputies who went in at the time, so they are ALL still at risk. . . . .

I know! I can't believe what that Judge was thinking. Did he think he was immune to getting it???

Wouldn't a First Responder phone in for medical help rather than walk into a Care Now facility?

Well, I just realized there is still a good chance this guy merely has a bad stomach bug and it is NOT ebola. So let's pray hard people. I had a friend on the other side of the metroplex say a stomach bug is going around, so hopefully it's just that. Remember , ebola like symptoms can be lots of other things and this guy did walk into the ambulance, so ......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay