Elisa Baker's relatives

I read an article with EB's dad, saying that Zahra would come to the neighborhood dances with him, and that she just loved to dance with all the old folks. Have been searching but now I cannot find it. If anyone recalls this or happens to come across the link, I would appreciate it!

Elisa goes by "Lisa" in the Virtual World. So I doubt her Dad is online posting on forums. You might want to pay a visit to the PL (downstairs).

Its possible she goes by that in the virtual world also but on another forum that was linked on this forum in one of the other threads kept calling Elisa, Lisa and people were stating that this person could not be a stranger and knew more then what he was typing on the other forum. this person was talking about what was happening around NC, and nowhere did they ever talk about the virtual world

Thank you for finding this. I thought about him making that statement about the drugs when she wrote in her letter that she "don't do drugs". Yea, right.

Anyone know what ever happened to her mother?

I've noticed that when some people are only doing prescription narcotics they think they aren't "doing drugs" just because it's not LSD, etc. They lie even to themselves.

Its possible she goes by that in the virtual world also but on another forum that was linked on this forum in one of the other threads kept calling Elisa, Lisa and people were stating that this person could not be a stranger and knew more then what he was typing on the other forum. this person was talking about what was happening around NC, and nowhere did they ever talk about the virtual world

If this is the person (from the other forum) you're thinking of this post might help...

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #41

Our Local News just showed a small interview with EB's 1st Cousin who visited her in jail today. She said that EB isn't doing good at all. When asked point blank did she think EB needed to be in jail she kind of paused, shook her head and said "I have no comment on that....she shouldn't be the only one in there."

Just thought I would put that out there. We already knew she was throwing all the blame at AB but it seems her cousin just isn't sure. I think she really has no idea whether to believe a word EB says or not. I think she's doing what she has to do but she seems like a nice women who just wants to know the truth.

OR, the cousin knows or suspects that EB belongs where she is, but also knows or suspects that EB isn't the ONLY one who should be there.

MOO

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Cousin-Visits-Elisa-Baker-in-Jail-106915208.html

"According to a cousin who paid a visit a visit to the Catawba County jail, Elisa Baker is upset and not doing well."

Aw, bummer. :sick:

On a more interesting note:

"Investigators issued a subpoena for Elisa Baker's financial records. The subpoena was issued to a bank branch located in a Wal-Mart in Granite Falls.

The subpoena says she may have used as many as eight different aliases and also requested any financial transactions made by Baker's daughter from a previous marriage, Amber Fairchild."

:waitasec:

I can just hope EB told the cousin something of value to LE while being taped JMO

--maybe nancy can get something out of her tonight.

http://www.facebook.com/NancyGraceHLN
Nancy Grace exclusive: The cousin of missing girl Zahra’s’s jailed stepmom speaks out in her defense!
And, a look inside Zahra’s home, just as her biological mom breaks her silence!

Kat that was my assumption as well but she didn't want to say that on camera. She believes EB belongs there but AB as well. MOO too.

Kat that was my assumption as well but she didn't want to say that on camera. She believes EB belongs there but AB as well. MOO too.

I try to put myself in the place of the cousin...how would I act if I were genuinely trying to help Zahra? And if it were me, I know I would keep EB talking, even if that meant offering my support to EB. The ends justify the means, imo. I also wouldn't come right out and say that I believe she should be where she is, or that AB should be right in there with her. It wouldn't serve my purpose to tip my hand to either of them. And who knows what might be repeated to whom, you know?

JMO

I try to put myself in the place of the cousin...how would I act if I were genuinely trying to help Zahra? And if it were me, I know I would keep EB talking, even if that meant offering my support to EB. The ends justify the means, imo. I also wouldn't come right out and say that I believe she should be where she is, or that AB should be right in there with her. It wouldn't serve my purpose to tip my hand to either of them. And who knows what might be repeated to whom, you know?

JMO

Im trying to put myself in the cousins position also. I guess it would depend on how close I was to her in the first place. I had a niece who was in trouble for drugs a few years ago and stood by her side because she needed me, in the same light though if it would have been one of her sisters I may not have been there so readily.I dont think the 2 year span of them being in contact would take presidence on the relationship they had before that 2 year span. JMO

Im talking the relationship between the cousin and EB not the cousin and Zahra.

I agree. I think the cousin wants to help Zahra and help find out what happened and that is her main concern. If she had out and out said YES I believe EB needs to stay in jail then it could have gotten back to Elesa and then she may not see the cousin.

I did not see Nancy Grace tonight. Does anyone know if it is the same cousin on there that the local media interviewed?

Welcome Wilkes! What a great post! Thank you for this information.

I already posted this on the NG thread for today, but I am totally blown away that EB was "more afraid" of CPS finding out or confirming that she and AB either significantly neglected and/or abused poor little Zahra, than she was "afraid" of Zahra dying! This is the ultimate most selfish act, in my opinion.

Compare and contrast that "selfish act" that leads to the death of a beautiful child who has already suffered countless losses, pain, and struggles, with the "selfless act" of her bio-Mother who placed her in the bio-father's care to ensure she would be safe while ED endured symptoms of PPD.

I do have respect for the cousin of EB, in that she said their family goals were to find Zahra and to get the truth.

Welcome Wilkes! What a great post! Thank you for this information.

I already posted this on the NG thread for today, but I am totally blown away that EB was "more afraid" of CPS finding out or confirming that she and AB either significantly neglected and/or abused poor little Zahra, than she was "afraid" of Zahra dying! This is the ultimate most selfish act, in my opinion.

Compare and contrast that "selfish act" that leads to the death of a beautiful child who has already suffered countless losses, pain, and struggles, with the "selfless act" of her bio-Mother who placed her in the bio-father's care to ensure she would be safe while ED endured symptoms of PPD.

I do have respect for the cousin of EB, in that she said their family goals were to find Zahra and to get the truth.

The main thing that resonates in my head... is that I can't believe ANYTHING this woman says... She has lied about so much BEFORE Zahra ever came into her life. I don't believe anything she WRITES in a letter or SAYS to a relative.

The main thing that resonates in my head... is that I can't believe ANYTHING this woman says... She has lied about so much BEFORE Zahra ever came into her life. I don't believe anything she WRITES in a letter or SAYS to a relative.

My approach to what EB writes and says is slightly different. I think it's a mix of truth and fiction, so I consider everything she says, and then weigh it against the facts, as I know them. Then I mentally divide her statements into the following categories: 1). probable, 2). possible, 3). total BS.

Yes, we know she lies about many things. But I suspect she also tells the truth about some things, if it serves her purposes to do so.

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993
Back