Elizabeth Johnson Trial - Day 1 - Opening Statements, Thursday, Sept 20

Personally, I think EJ should have to sit in jail until she finally reveals exactly what she did with Gabriel and where he is.

But my personal feelings about the case have nothing to do with the legal standpoint.

And that's why sometimes innocent people get convicted, and guilty ones go free - it all depends on whether or not the legal facts of the crimes are proven beyond a reasonable doubt or not. And then you throw in the jurors own backgrounds & experiences, and how they color what they perceive to be reasonable doubt.

Reminds me, in one respect, of the years of debate over what the legal definition of *advertiser censored* is. It all depends on one's perception....

The Defense Attorney's opening statement seemed effective if he intends to argue EJ didn't kidnap Gabriel since she wasn't in violation of any court orders on the date she left Arizona to take Gabriel to Texas. MV agrues EJ was Gabriel's mother; and she was entitled to take him anywhere she wanted.

A Court Order was issued on December 26, 2009 ordering EJ to return Gabriel to Logan McQueary.
Can someone explain: How Elizabeth Johnson was to be legally notified of this Court Order to return Gabriel to Logan?

I don't know if EJ will get off on these charges or not. But it would seem strange to me if I were a juror why MV is saying bad things about his client and stipulating (right word?) all of the bad things that went on in this case. It just seems to me that a jury can add 1+1 and come out with the correct answer.

The Defense Attorney's opening statement seemed effective if he intends to argue EJ didn't kidnap Gabriel since she wasn't in violation of any court orders on the date she left Arizona to take Gabriel to Texas. MV agrues EJ was Gabriel's mother; and she was entitled to take him anywhere she wanted.

A Court Order was issued on December 26, 2009 ordering EJ to return Gabriel to Logan McQueary.
Can someone explain: How Elizabeth Johnson was to be legally notified of this Court Order to return Gabriel to Logan?

EJ already knew that Logan was supposed to get Gabriel on Dec 20, so he should have been returned then. Notifying her in SA for the Dec 26 court order was secondary.

Hello, I work during the day and was wondering if there is anyway to view the opening statements? Ive looked a litte bit and cannot find any video.
I was able to do this with the Casey Anthony and Conrad Murray Trial. I hope this is available. some of us work and would still like to watch the trial ya know. :)

Hello, I work during the day and was wondering if there is anyway to view the opening statements? Ive looked a litte bit and cannot find any video.
I was able to do this with the Casey Anthony and Conrad Murray Trial. I hope this is available. some of us work and would still like to watch the trial ya know. :)

there's a bit of it here:

http://www.azfamily.com/home/Baby-Gabriels-mother-in-tears-during-trial-opening-170599656.html

lots of links on the first page of this thread too ... but I don't know if the entire opening statements are available on video anywhere ... haven't had time to look

There are a couple of videos here http://www.kpho.com/story/19596659/opening-arguments-under-way-in-elizabeth-johnson-trial but not the entire opening statements.

thanks for your help guys! I will check them out. hoping the orginal videos will be archived soon, no excuse for them not to be IMO. :)

No, not til Monday at 1030 PST

thanks for the reminder, Strawberry.

For those who are Time Zonally impared, such as I...

Pacific DST and Arizona (MST): 10:30

Mountain DST: 11:30

Central DST: 12:30

Eastern DST: 1:30

DH wrote this down for me and it's on a sticky note on my monitor. He'll have to change it when we all go back to standard time, which could happen during this trial. We move the clocks back an hour (spring forward, fall back) and this schedule will change on Nov. 4. I won't post it yet or all of us will just get more confused!

For the people who weren't in on this case from the very beginning, this calendar is very helpful in keeping track of who was doing what before, during & after Gabriel's disappearance:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/calendar.php?s=&c=6&week=&month=12&year=2009

You can click on the event listed on each day for a little more info about it, if it didn't fit into the calendar.

Sometimes it's easier to put together the facts when you have the calendar in front of you. That's why the jurors were given calendars as well - so they can do the same thing WSers did here.

Welcome to WS RDZWILD!!!:welcome4:

thanks for the reminder, Strawberry.

For those who are Time Zonally impared, such as I...

Pacific DST and Arizona (MST): 10:30

Mountain DST: 11:30

Central DST: 12:30

Eastern DST: 1:30

DH wrote this down for me and it's on a sticky note on my monitor. He'll have to change it when we all go back to standard time, which could happen during this trial. We move the clocks back an hour (spring forward, fall back) and this schedule will change on Nov. 4. I won't post it yet or all of us will just get more confused!

Hi I always wonder what DH means?

will the trial testimony start on Monday?

or just for motions...Pat McReynolds posted 3 on twitter set for Monday

TIA

will the trial testimony start on Monday?

or just for motions...Pat McReynolds posted 3 on twitter set for Monday

TIA

Hi smokey- this is from the case calendar- don't know if there will be a stream for the motions-

9/24/2012 8:25 Oral Argument

9/24/2012 10:30 Trial

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get