Elizabeth Johnson Trial - Day 6 - 5th Day of Prosecution's Case - Monday, Oct 1

And, I heard through the grapevine, that about 10 am TPS was calling people saying "she's running, she's running - EJ has Gabriel and she's running"....

How did she know that, unless TPS had arranged for EJ to be at that park at 10 and didn't show????

And to add, TPS claims she didn't know WHERE in SA EJ was staying, so how would she know EJ was running unless she had someone check EJ's motel room & found out she was gone????

This question may have already been asked but I don't remember seeing it as I have not followed this case that closely. Where did EJ get all her money if she was not working???

EJ got money from the state, she sold her 2 dogs & laptop, and rented out a room in the trailer (Malcolm testified he gave her first month & security).

And to add, TPS claims she didn't know WHERE in SA EJ was staying, so how would she know EJ was running unless she had someone check EJ's motel room & found out she was gone????

So what would this mean? That she actually did kill Gabriel prior because she backed out or tps was just a pawn in an event that we don't know about yet?

So what would this mean? That she actually did kill Gabriel prior because she backed out or tps was just a pawn in an event that we don't know about yet?

TPS testified that EJ told her she had friends in SA helping her. She never elaborated on when this was supposedly told to her. And if it was true, did EJ give Gabriel to those friends, and that's why TPS thought she could still get Gabriel back, even after EJ was arrested?

I think EJ gave Gabriel to someone else & left because she knew that TPS would be sending people to the hotel to look for her if she didn't show at the park by 10 am.

I think EJ realized that things were getting too complicated with TPS and handed Gabriel off to someone she trusted to retrieve at a later date....

TPS testified that EJ told her she had friends in SA helping her. She never elaborated on when this was supposedly told to her. And if it was true, did EJ give Gabriel to those friends, and that's why TPS thought she could still get Gabriel back, even after EJ was arrested?

Doesn't seem like EJ would need a babysitter if she had friends in SA helping her. Plus, and not to dash your hope, I doubt she would have sat in jail all this time if Gabriel were still us, JMO.

Well I don't know how correct Mr Chevez was in what he said. He said that EJ was at the bus station from 10am until she boarded the bus at 1pm. She was calm, alone and spoke to no one. This is on the 27th Dec.

Det Matthew Harris testified last Thursday that there were the following calls on 27th Dec

2nd Tower #82 11:47am Incoming from TS
2nd Tower #82 12:56 Incoming call from LM
2nd Tower #82 12:58 Incoming from LM
2nd Tower #82 13:08 EJ called LM
3rd Tower #71 13:09 – 13:21 30 outbound calls to LM all under 15 sec durations

Tower 82 is next to the Bus Station. My understanding is that the 12:56 and 12:58 calls from LM were as a result of EJ having texted LM to say she had killed Gabriel. Prior to that LM had not contacted EJ because TS told him EJ was afraid and TS would handle things I believe.

I believe the 12:56 & 12:58 calls are those during which EJ was telling LM she had killed Gabriel. Having listened to the recording of the telcons EJ was far from calm and speaking to noone!

Also, how did LM know at that point that EJ was in Texas?

Excerpt from transcript of second call

LM Where are you?
EJ You know where I’m at
LM I know where you’re at?
EJ Yeah, you do
LM Are you at your house?
EJ No, I’m not Logan
LM Then you’re with those people?
EJ No, I’m not
LM Then you’re in Texas?
EJ For now

http://www.ahwatukee.com/news/valley_and_state/audio_12580054-2c9b-5bed-acef-6a2dbfcf27a9.html

:confused:

Doesn't seem like EJ would need a babysitter if she had friends in SA helping her. Plus, and not to dash your hope, I doubt she would have sat in jail all this time if Gabriel were still us, JMO.

Depends on what sex the friends helping her were. If it was a man (and she was "getting even" with Logan for his "talking to girls"), she might want a babysitter to go out on the town. And it doesn't mean that friends would be available for her 24/7, either, if she really was out job hunting.

Personally, I think she would sit in jail to protect her friends, and to keep twisting that knife in the McQueary family heart.

As much as I would like to believe a hand-over took place, I just don't see it. My belief is that this beautiful child died at the hands of his own 'mother'.

I don't remember them saying this morning when Annalisa was on the stand whether EJ had anything in her hands (ie: packages from shopping) when she returned to the hotel room while Annalisa was babysitting. I think EJ still had her Grandpa's car however- so she could have left packages in the car at that time. My point is. . . I don't think she went "job hunting" ...I just think she needed a break from baby Gabriel and wanted out of the hotel room. Upon returning to the room, I think EJ had decided her plans to murder Gabriel, get back @ Logan, and go on with her "single" life in Florida.

I am hearing sounds in the court room (for just a second) - hopefully we have a decision about the Myspace pages. . . . I pray the Judge allows it in. Afterall, didn't EJ admonish the Judge for not being harder on TPS?

I don't remember them saying this morning when Annalisa was on the stand whether EJ had anything in her hands (ie: packages from shopping) when she returned to the hotel room while Annalisa was babysitting. I think EJ still had her Grandpa's car however- so she could have left packages in the car at that time. My point is. . . I don't think she went "job hunting" ...I just think she needed a break from baby Gabriel and wanted out of the hotel room. Upon returning to the room, I think EJ had decided her plans to murder Gabriel, get back @ Logan, and go on with her "single" life in Florida.

Except that there allegedly was information that showed that EJ had planned on staying in SA. If that was the case, why plan on killing Gabriel the first day she was there?

Analisa babysat the 1st full day she was in SA.

I can hear some sounds now in the courtroom . . . almost sounds as if it is TPS? I will put on earphones and listen to see if I can get more detail.

2 females talking . . . I thought we agreed . . . . the Judge . . . what number was that? #122 . . . do you want that stipulated to on the record?

sound is now off

Judge is back on stand - jury out of room . . . they have agreed on most between the Atty's on conversations coming in . . one taped conversation between a news channel, TPS, JS & EJ. Exhibits #116 and a new #122 as they have edited out a section that they didn't want the jury to hear.

Det. McClusky will be testifying today but no broadcast of his face or voice will be going out on video/audio today.

Judge feels we are speeding things up quite a bit with all of this lateness. . . they are waiting for 21 copies of the redacted transcript to be made to be given out to jurors.

Yikes! We're going to have to catch the trial on InSession to hear his testimony! Not good for right now, that's for sure. Maybe JVM will give us a hint of what he said a couple of days from now.

So TPS claimed they wouldn't have found the vehicle if she hadn't told them where to find it.

me, me, me....

His pacifier was left in the motel room....not a good sign!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg
Back