Etiquette & Information Discussion

Discussion in 'Forum Finesse' started by Taximom, Jun 8, 2008.

1. COSCitizen

COSCitizen Well-Known Member

Click on their name in the box to the right of their post. You will some information about them in a box, and in the right middle area of the box, there will be some orange text that says "Ignore." Click on Ignore and you will no longer see their posts.

2. bykerladi

bykerladi Well-Known Member

Help!! The ask a Mod forum is closed, so I have no way to ask the question. Can someone please define "main stream media" for me? I posted a link to a webpage that was not social media, not a personal webpage, and was not specifically for one missing person, in fact wasn't even a missing person website, and it was removed for not being MSM. Is MSM limited to newspapers? I searched the admin forums and didn't see a definition. It wasn't in the FAQ either. Can someone help me out?

3. JaneEyre

JaneEyre Well-Known Member

NBC, ABC, CNN, etc., and legit newspapers (no enquirer type stuff).

Laughing likes this.
  4. PrimeSuspect

PrimeSuspect Under the Milky Way

Does anyone else have a problem with the search function? I checked if a thread was up and had name spelt right but it didn't show, but there was a thread. It's done this before, so it seems to be hit or miss? :confused:

Laughing likes this.
  5. sillybilly

sillybilly Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Within the search feature, make sure you remove the checkmark from the box that says "search this thread" and if you want to search all of WS, also remove the checkmark from the box that says "search this forum".

6. RumorMonger

RumorMonger Well-Known Member

I'm trying to understand why the Julia Mann threads were deleted. I understand that she was found. There is a whole forum for "located" persons so that cannot reasonably be the cause that her threads were scrubbed. There is also a section in the Rules saying that WS will not delete threads. Yet it seems to have happened here. Am I missing something? Can someone explain the specific circumstances that led to her thread being scrubbed from WS against the Rules?

7. Auntie Cipation

Auntie Cipation Context Matters.

I don't know the answer to your question, but you might try reporting your own post to ensure a moderator sees it.

8. KayElJay

KayElJay Former Member

No rules were broken. When teens go missing and are recovered safely, we often make the decision to pull the thread from public view so that a google search of their name will no longer bring up their Websleuths thread as that could negatively affect their future or their mental wellbeing.

If you have any other concerns in regards to this, I’d be happy to discuss them with you via PM.

Laughing, sds71 and Auntie Cipation like this.
  9. PunkCake

PunkCake Well-Known Member

I don’t really know where to ask this without clogging up the unidentified forum.

I was browsing namus and I found a possible match.

I don’t really know what to do with it now and I’d like to pass it off to a more experienced sleuther who knows the ropes.
    Because I’m not even sure the correct format to made the UID post.

Thanks in Advance!

10. Laughing

Laughing Rarely Speechless

@PunkCake, just post in the UIDs thread and include the link to the NAMUS missing individual. Posters will give input, you betcha!

If you can do side-by-side images, include that.

Jump in, we're all needed here!