Everyonbe had their own opinion on Patsy...

texaslb218 said:
Schiller said Patsy didn't recognize the pineapple spoon.
So an intruder came in and brought his own spoon? An unknown white male who convinced JonBenet to to sit down and eat pineapple with him and let it digest a bit before he killed her and then wrote an improbable rambling 3 page ransom note, one that so closely copies PR's handwriting that she can not be excluded as the author. And he left DNA on the undies and nowhere else at all in the house...

Of course she didn't recognize the spoon! The pineapple in her daughter's digestive tract doesn't fit into the story she told about her daughter being asleep when they got home so she has to claim the spoon isn't hers - although her fingerprints and not an intruder's are on the bowl.

Nuisanceposter said:
So an intruder came in and brought his own spoon? An unknown white male who convinced JonBenet to to sit down and eat pineapple with him and let it digest a bit before he killed her and then wrote an improbable rambling 3 page ransom note, one that so closely copies PR's handwriting that she can not be excluded as the author. And he left DNA on the undies and nowhere else at all in the house...

Of course she didn't recognize the spoon! The pineapple in her daughter's digestive tract doesn't fit into the story she told about her daughter being asleep when they got home so she has to claim the spoon isn't hers - although her fingerprints and not an intruder's are on the bowl.
Yes, that's what makes me crazy about this. Everything goes in a circle that leads back to Patsy. But you sure put those statements in good order. Makes it sound like an extraordinary plan. The statement last night about her being bound while in the bed doesn't fit with a parent either.

I supposed that someone would have checked so that it could be said that the spoon was or was NOT a part of Patsy's silver pattern. Not conclusive, I know, but still one more indicator.

Speck of unidentified male DNA = convenient red herring for the R's.

Oh, so sorry to post something that does not fit into your perfect scenario...DNA, yeah ,it is not that reliable. So who the hell's blood was it...according to the report they tested it against all the family's DNA?

texaslb218 said:
They said, I believe, "an adult, caucasian male." They said it matched no "known" person. They also said with the expanding DNA base, that it is very possible (my adjectives) that someone will be identified.

I thought this was a very good refresher program. I don't remember ever knowing Burke's fingerprints were on the tea glass. Schiller said Patsy didn't recognize the pineapple spoon.

It was a good summary for a non-expert like me.
Actually what Patsy said about the spoon in the pinapple bowl was "that's not my setup". It's in the interview tapes that Sue Bennet sold for $40k to the NE.

wenchie said:
Speck of unidentified male DNA = convenient red herring for the R's.

That's about the size of it. What you had here was two DNA samples: one was from JB. Nothing unusual about that. The other was this "other" we hear about. What's funny here is JB's DNA was completely fresh. The "other" was so old that it wasn't possible to get a full profile. They also tested the other underwear in the pack and found human DNA on them.

Reminds me of Dennis DeChaine. In 1988, a 12-year-old girl named Sarah Cherry went missing. Evidence led to DeChaine, who confessed eventually to raping and killing her. Despite this, there is a movement in his state to free him, and the reason given is: Sarah had DNA under her nails not his. That doesn't mean anything. The world is bristling with human DNA. What many people don't know, and this is important, is that DNA cannot be used to exclude suspects except in cases of rape. JB wasn't raped in the typical sense. Other than that, it can only include. If the police and DA didn't know that, they're bigger idiots than I thought!

Solace said:
Michelle,

They found blood, looked like a miniscule amount mixed with some unidentified DNA, which they said came from an adult male, but it could have been anything, someone could have touched the panties or sneezed near them, any of that. This does NOT prove an intruder.

I don't believe it does either. One point that kind of throws a kink in it, to some people anyway, is that the unidentified DNA was not only comingled with JonBenet's in the undies, but was also found under her fingernails.

I honest to God think that there was cross contamination at the coroners office though. Think about it. They had other cadavers in there that they could have accidentally secondarily transfered to JonBenet. If that happened then it's no wonder there has never been a match to that foreign DNA.
Plus not everyone's DNA is on file...especially if they're already dead.

"Nice to see you here, SuperDave."

Likewise, Eagle1. I'm like a bad penny: always turning up.

"Re prior abuse, evidently there had been some."

What makes you say that?

I've just been looking at the 33 Yahoo pictures of the funeral and reading internet peoples' comments about everything.

Although I just can't really get back in a mood to discuss clues, I saw the last half of CourtTV's documentary about the case last night, very good, and they emphasized that the DNA showed a "male, unknown, caucasion" person did the crime, accidentally left 10 out of 13 markers by sneezing or coughing, and it's being compared to Codis files weekly.

10 out of 13 isn't bad, and if he's still alive and some DNA comes up which almost matches, that will be a lead.

I was just being agreeable about there having been some evidence JBR was previously abused, which was discussed in some of the books.

I'm more interested in, was this male causasion the walker that the Barnhills saw at twilight? Seemed to be a fairly young person, resembling JAR. Was JAR, and his sister, at PR's funeral? Anyone know? I didn't see them or any mention of them at Jameson's "Sometimes Public" forum where the link to the 33 pictures was posted. Patsy really did go through the fire, and John and Burke look like they did too. I feel it's all very sad. Thank goodness there was at least that bit of DNA, even if it's not enough.

Eagle1 said:
and they emphasized that the DNA showed a "male, unknown, caucasion" person did the crime, accidentally left 10 out of 13 markers by sneezing or coughing, and it's being compared to Codis files weekly.

10 out of 13 isn't bad, and if he's still alive and some DNA comes up which almost matches, that will be a lead.

I was just being agreeable about there having been some evidence JBR was previously abused, which was discussed in some of the books.

Why be agreeable if you don't agree? Incidentally, I think you're confused. That DNA will not match because the person who sneezed or coughed is most likely one of the many people who handled the product. They even found DNA in the other panties from the pack.

Eagle1 said:
Was JAR, and his sister, at PR's funeral? Anyone know?
Yes, both of them were there. I saw a picture with JAR and Melinda standing on either side of John.

Karole28 said:
Can I get your contact info just in case I'm ever accused of a crime and sent to trial? I want you on my jury.
I've already got 3 of the OJ jurors on standby.
why - in the USA do they now have the ability to sentence people to "hell"?

GuruJosh said:

Heaven's sake, no. But, if you believe a person who is guilty of killing a child and/or covering it up is not worthy of damnation, I cannot imagine who would be.

GuruJosh said:

I was reading someo old Larry King transcripts last night.

On the very evening after Jonbenet's body was found in their basement, when detectives went to the Fernie's to talk to the Ramseys they were met by a lawyer who told them that the Ramsey's had legal representation and would not be talking to LE.

These people sentenced THEMSELVES to hell - first by their actions surrounding their daughter's murder, and then by their attitude and actions afterwards.

wenchie said:
I was reading someo old Larry King transcripts last night.

On the very evening after Jonbenet's body was found in their basement, when detectives went to the Fernie's to talk to the Ramseys they were met by a lawyer who told them that the Ramsey's had legal representation and would not be talking to LE.

These people sentenced THEMSELVES to hell - first by their actions surrounding their daughter's murder, and then by their attitude and actions afterwards.

I'm forced to say I agree with that. And now the media is trying to make her out to be a saint.

Nuisanceposter said:
Yes, both of them were there. I saw a picture with JAR and Melinda standing on either side of John.

Thanks, NuisancePoster. Now the other half of the question I meant to ask, Is Patsy's father still with us and was he at the funeral? I know she died at his house. Was sedated the last week or two, so there couldn't have been any deathbed confession or seeing someone on the other side welcoming her.

GuruJosh, I forget what country you're in. None of your citizens like to play God? :?) Good to have you.

Hope our Challenger launch with 7 astronauts aboard doesn't get missile-struck by the N. Koreans. I don't know enough about Star Wars to know if that's even possible.

Eagle
You know what country GuruJosh is in, you are just being your usual passive/ agressive self.
Guru is right to question the system, because the way the system works is far from fair.
It is the same here.
Our justice system is in desperate need of a review.

narlacat said:
Eagle
You know what country GuruJosh is in, you are just being your usual passive/ agressive self.
Guru is right to question the system, because the way the system works is far from fair.
It is the same here.
Our justice system is in desperate need of a review.

Not only that, but I see on TV Wendy Murphy shooting her mouth off about every case EXCEPT this one, and THIS one is the one I want to hear from her about! I'm sure she'd agree with you, narlacat!

Louisa said:
Those who are SO 100% certain that Patsy murdered JonBenet should keep at least a 1% option open in their minds that this may not have been the case...
At one time I was 100% positive that Patsy had killed Jonbenet - after lengthy and often heated discussions with a few friends along with re-reading volumes of information about the case - I changed my opinon - I no longer am convinced Patsy killed Jonbenet - but I do believe Patsy (and John) know who did and why.

sharkeyes said:
At one time I was 100% positive that Patsy had killed Jonbenet - after lengthy and often heated discussions with a few friends along with re-reading volumes of information about the case - I changed my opinon - I no longer am convinced Patsy killed Jonbenet - but I do believe Patsy (and John) know who did and why.

At one time, I was sure they were innocent. Not now, obviously.

Any idea as to why they'd cover for this killer?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back