Excused from the Rule of Sequestration

Status
Not open for further replies.
But the judge would instruct the jury to disregard.

Yes they heard it, but could not consider it in deliberation.

It isn't always that simple though. It depends upon what was said. Judges and attorneys both know that just because you instruct jurors to disregard something, they are human. You can't unring a bell if it is LOUD enough.

Softail, I'm sorry. That is just my understanding and belief. I don't know how to explain it any better. Maybe you're right. I'm not a lawyer.

Oh Beach... neither am I! I'm just trying to understand this mess! I'm so glad I came here! Wonderful minds at work. Just trying to make some sense of it all! :smile:

They are wildcards and too unpredictible. Early on when Judge Strickland was still presiding over this case, Cindy actually stood up in the gallery and interrupted the precedings - or I should say she tried to, I guess. Anyway, she stood up and addressed Judge Strickland from the gallery...asking him something along the lines of "uhmmm, excuse me...Can I say something here, please?" Judge Strickland simply replied, "NO." She acted like the courtroom was a classroom or something.

I wouldn't put it past Cindy Anthony even a little bit to shout something out from the gallery that the jury is not allowed to have knowledge of just to cause a mistrial. And yes, I mean do it on purpose. Just to get a do-over. In fact, I don't put it past George either anymore. I really believe either one of them will do anything to cause a mistrial if given the chance.

eta: They would get thrown out, but it would be too late. They wouldn't care at that point. Once again, the means would justify the ends. That is their family mantra.

ITA! Until you mentioned it, I had forgotten about Cindy interrupting the court by standing up and asking Judge Strickland a question. IIRC, I think it was very early when the defense was arguing against a gag order.

I hope they are allowed in, so we can watch them get tossed out. :great:

:floorlaugh:

Can HHJP get them for "contempt of court" and put them :behindbar ?

That ought to keep them quiet, at least for a while !

I wish HHJP would/could sequester both of them in separate rooms and pipe in music neither can tolerate. No paper, pens, any electronic devices. Just music and the voices in their heads.

Oh, and a life size cutout of Caylee in every room they can occupy.

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

Maybe HHJP could sequester them to a place where there is NO tv, NO internet connection, NO cell phones, NO reporters, NO tampering with evidence and witnesses ... nothing ...

Is there a place in the world like a "Gilligan's Island" where they can be sequestered ... let them survive it on some island for a couple of months with nothing but bananas and coconuts ... no sign of rescue ...

:crazy:

Then the person would be ejected! That could happen in any court at any time. This case is no different. People could do that in ANY case. How do judges handle it? I guarantee they don't declare a mistrial!

Come on guys! Y'all are letting Casey be "special"

Knock it off!

Really Softail it's happened in other cases. Check these out:

Witness Outburst Spurs Mistrial

Judge Declares Mistrial after Outburst in Court

and this one right here in Florida
Judge Declares Mistrial in Leon Davis, Jr. trial

So it really isn't treating KC differently. Mistrials can and do happen when there are outbursts in the court in front of the jury. I wouldn't want to risk it after the difficulty they are going to in order to seat the fairest jury possible. I wouldn't be at all surprised if having a few outbursts in order to stop the trial is part of the Anthony's agenda.

Then the person would be ejected! That could happen in any court at any time. This case is no different. People could do that in ANY case. How do judges handle it? I guarantee they don't declare a mistrial!

Come on guys! Y'all are letting Casey be "special"

Knock it off!

The defining difference I see here is that CA and GA do not seem to care about contempt or obstruction charges. They too have been given the special treatment and handled with kid gloves because of the sympathy factor in their situation. They have been given special treatment by the SA's, LE and certain media outlets. Not only for the sympathy factor that CA and GA make sure they state at every opportunity how traumatic this is for them, they know the prosecutors and LE may not be seen favorably if they beat up on the grieving g-parents. Emotional Blackmail imo. Their lawyer quit because they were not listening to his advice and more interested in defending Casey, he said so. This is D-day. They are trying to put their daughter to death. Cindy said early on she would die for Casey and Caylee. I am a mother, I believe her. I know I would.

Imo CA, GA and LA know she is the one responsible. I think they have different outlooks though. The only thing Cindy will allow herself to believe is that no matter how rotten, selfish or jealous Casey is she didn't deliberately kill Caylee. Casey never could even take care of herself so CA is in over protective mode. Covering up an accident is much more in line with the lying, stealing Casey she knows and loves. I know she has publicly said no she wouldn't do that. This is the same woman who talked about the pool ladder and went on a backyard search.

After seeing LA's most recent testimony I think his attitude is;" well if it was an accident and she won't save herself what can I do?" Whereas GA is the most conflicted. I don't know if it was his theory way back when he was supposed to have told RC this or CA's convincing him of it. I think his jail house letter to Casey after the abuse allegations is the clearest evidence to indicate how very conflicted he really is. Why try and take the whole family down? Calling her friends and all of her ex-bf's liars, media sensationalism way back when for the things that were being brought to their attention no longer can cut it. He seems to grasp to a certain extent the [unusual person] his daughter is who seems to take pleasure in steam rolling anyone including her brother and parents.

I think the trial is gonna get interesting if Cindy's allowed to stay in the courtroom throughout.

cindyincourtst_2.jpg

I think the trial is gonna get interesting if Cindy's allowed to stay in the courtroom throughout.

cindyincourtst_2.jpg

These pictures say so much about these two. The wink, standing in court and of course ICA hangin' with her crew looking for her lost child, NOT.

Just sittin' here shakin' my head in disgust.

Justice is coming.

Since this trial will be streamed via the Internet and covered by the news media, there's no reason why George and Cindy have to be right there in the courtroom where their behavior could impact the witnesses and the members of the jury.

George and Cindy can very well watch the proceedings from their home. The only thing they'd be missing is the chance to disrupt the trial.

I think the A's and DT want a strong showing to the jury and media that her parents are supportive of her. Why else wouldn't the DT object to this as well? The latest motion explains that the last decision isn't good enough since either the defense or state can object that it's prejudicial to the defendant. This is more of a defense tactic imo.

They are wildcards and too unpredictible. Early on when Judge Strickland was still presiding over this case, Cindy actually stood up in the gallery and interrupted the precedings - or I should say she tried to, I guess. Anyway, she stood up and addressed Judge Strickland from the gallery...asking him something along the lines of "uhmmm, excuse me...Can I say something here, please?" Judge Strickland simply replied, "NO." She acted like the courtroom was a classroom or something.

I wouldn't put it past Cindy Anthony even a little bit to shout something out from the gallery that the jury is not allowed to have knowledge of just to cause a mistrial. And yes, I mean do it on purpose. Just to get a do-over. In fact, I don't put it past George either anymore. I really believe either one of them will do anything to cause a mistrial if given the chance.

eta: They would get thrown out, but it would be too late. They wouldn't care at that point. Once again, the means would justify the ends. That is their family mantra.

BBM
For those who have not seen this you can watch here starting at approx. 51:56 mark.
http://www.wftv.com/video/18147900/index.html
--or--
View Images #24,#25,#26 and #27
http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/news/18145117/detail.html

CA and GA should be labeled "hostile witnesses" and banned from the courtroom unless they are on the stand to testify. Even then, I would not put anything past them. They know that ICA is guilty, and they knew the smell of decomposition is like no other. ICA's car smelled like a dead body had been in the damn car. Caylee had been "missing" for 31days, and ICA had been playing hide and seek with them. CA and GA are guilty of promoting a search for a live Caylee while knowing ICA had a dead body in her car. These two are the grandparents from hell, and have violated their right to sit in the courtroom. They have not fought for "justice for Caylee Marie". They will continue to lie and fight to save their [extremely unusual] daughter.They do not deserve to be recognized as bereaved who truly mourn the loss of victims.

These pictures say so much about these two. The wink, standing in court and of course ICA hangin' with her crew looking for her lost child, NOT.

Just sittin' here shakin' my head in disgust.

Justice is coming.

Something like the high-fiving between Lee and Casey caught by the media? JB winking in court? Just lovely for the defense. Jurors love defense lawyers and family that act like a$$ clowns in the court.

Having a deju vu moment here of SP's parents, SP and Geragos high-fiving and laughing in court over the lemon meringue/Martha Stewart testimony from Detective Brochini. In case you didn't follow the Officer missed a brief mention on the lm on the day SP said he saw it. The next days show covered that topic so the detective missed the brief mention on the previous show. After Sharon Rocha's emotional statement made to media that she didn't appreciate them laughing and yucking it up during the trial of her murdered daughter who looked like the fools? The jury saw it. :maddening:

I guess when your daughter kills her daughter that makes you so special the laws of the state do not apply.

BBM
For those who have not seen this you can watch here starting at about approx. 51:56 mark.
http://www.wftv.com/video/18147900/index.html
--or--
View Images #26 and #27
http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/news/18145117/detail.html

Thank you!!! It has been a long time since I've looked at those.

Images #24 & 25 is where she is raising her hand! Like she's in a darn classroom! sheesh

Judging by the look on her face, I think image #28 is where Judge Strickland told her "NO."

Really Softail it's happened in other cases. Check these out:

Witness Outburst Spurs Mistrial

Judge Declares Mistrial after Outburst in Court

and this one right here in Florida
Judge Declares Mistrial in Leon Davis, Jr. trial

So it really isn't treating KC differently. Mistrials can and do happen when there are outbursts in the court in front of the jury. I wouldn't want to risk it after the difficulty they are going to in order to seat the fairest jury possible. I wouldn't be at all surprised if having a few outbursts in order to stop the trial is part of the Anthony's agenda.

ICA did say JB thought it was going to be declared a mistrial. Some of us thought she didn't know what she was talking about. :floorlaugh: It sure is looking that that would be the best they could hope for. CA has always been a loose cannon.

I am torn because if they decide to try and throw George under the bus then I think it is best if he is sitting in court and seeing it happen for himself. imo

I'm starting to think that the bus is aiming at ALL the A's....for something or another---the blame will never stop by the DT table....it's going for the family--They will either get them for adding to her state of mind (i.e., mental?:waitasec:)--or ?????????

I also don't see any big benefit of them seeing the trial from their home---this case isn't special---it's just that no one can believe the disfunction and lies that come forth....from all the defense...

I have no problem with George, Cindy, and Lee being in court during the trial....Just as long as they are bound, gagged, and place behind door ONE, TWO, or THREE.

Something like the high-fiving between Lee and Casey caught by the media? JB winking in court? Just lovely for the defense. Jurors love defense lawyers and family that act like a$$ clowns in the court.

Having a deju vu moment here of SP's parents, SP and Geragos high-fiving and laughing in court over the lemon meringue/Martha Stewart testimony from Detective Brochini. In case you didn't follow the Officer missed a brief mention on the lm on the day SP said he saw it. The next days show covered that topic so the detective missed the brief mention on the previous show. After Sharon Rocha's emotional statement made to media that she didn't appreciate them laughing and yucking it up during the trial of her murdered daughter who looked like the fools? The jury saw it. :maddening:

Definitely remember Brochini's testimony *he did a fabulous job considering who he was forced to deal with, just like Yuri has done so far* and I was there in the court room when what you referenced, happened- it might have seemed like a gaffe, but at the end of the day, it amounted to nada for ISP. It's moments like this that give a normal person, pause. Your wife and child are dead, you're on trial for their murder and this is how you react to nonsensical trivia? :waitasec:.... Talk about missing the big picture. Well, he gets the big picture now, doesn't he. There were so many jaw dropping moments during that trial- inappropriate laughter initiated by his DT, combined with moments of false victory and glibness that it's a wonder he didn't just stand up and try to walk out of this pesky little hiccup in his day.

What I loved seeing was his big old suits Geragos was dressing him in. Hanging on him like a little boy wearing his dad's clothes hoping to appear young and innocent- The thinner he got, the bigger the clothes. Wonder what Biaz will dress ICA in. Ruffles and something pink? Perhaps they will be hanging on her, too, to give the air she's just a widdle girl wrongly accused.

I suspect more inappropriateness this coming trial. The elements are all there.... I remember Geragos making a joke- one day.......laughter sort of erupted, but the following day, a snide remark about the inmate by the SA resulted in the gallery laughing and then Geragos demanding the judge reprimand us for our outburst. Can you say one-sided?

There's something to be said for this type of personality were dealing with here (some question whether ICA is a true sociopath-I believe, yes). The complete inability to recognize how inappropriate their responses are to just about everything. Misplaced anger, laughter, feigned sadness, joy, etc. It's all so contrived. SP's attorney, Geragos, was a grandiose figure who was used to the dramatic (Hollywood type). He was looking for reactions where and when ever he could get them. Same with Biaz. Sort of the dazzle them with bull-sheeeeot because with out that, they really have nothing else to work with. Their client is the biggest hurdle.

I have no problem with George, Cindy, and Lee being in court during the trial....Just as long as they are bound, gagged, and place behind door ONE, TWO, or THREE.

in the courtroom down the hall, right?:floorlaugh:

George and Cindy lost the right to be recognized as Caylee's grandparents almost three years ago when they opened the door to ICA's car and smelled the odor of death.

Perhaps that smell was Caylee crying out to them. And what did they do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member