Experienced Searchers Educate Us: Do's & Dont's of Recovery Searching

So I just bought a case of firelogs yesterday at the store. I noticed that it weighed 30.7 pounds. I am 45, relatively strong and fit and have to say, weigh more than KC...This was a square box of small size with handles on the sides.

The lady in the store couldn't lift it herself, needed my help - just a tad too heavy for her (she was tiny). I noticed when I was lifting it into my trunk that this was NOT an easy feat and that KC with her manicured claws and prissy self wouldn't have gone far from the trunk with the body.

I can't imagine loading these logs if they had floppy limbs or were in a tall bag, even a suitcase or duffel would have been very awkward and heavy. No wonder there was "leakage"...

And then there's that "pesky" little thing that keeps coming back to us of whether or not there was an accomplice.
:confused::confused:

And then there's that "pesky" little thing that keeps coming back to us of whether or not there was an accomplice.
:confused::confused:

I wonder if she kept a stroller handy.

Too bad this group wouldn't come to Florida and search for Caylee. I want them to find her before KC's trial starts. Wishful thinking I know but that is all we have now!

:) ok...i understand the temptation to stray is virtually impossible to resist...:)

I'm hoping this thread can stay focused on comments from experienced searchers...do's & don'ts, etc.

So I just bought a case of firelogs yesterday at the store. I noticed that it weighed 30.7 pounds. I am 45, relatively strong and fit and have to say, weigh more than KC...This was a square box of small size with handles on the sides.

The lady in the store couldn't lift it herself, needed my help - just a tad too heavy for her (she was tiny). I noticed when I was lifting it into my trunk that this was NOT an easy feat and that KC with her manicured claws and prissy self wouldn't have gone far from the trunk with the body.

I can't imagine loading these logs if they had floppy limbs or were in a tall bag, even a suitcase or duffel would have been very awkward and heavy. No wonder there was "leakage"...

But, what if you were a mom of almost 3 years and had been carrying the child around for their whole life? Your arms would be conditioned enough to lift the child IMO.

I'm 27, shorter than Casey and not in the most healthiest shape. My youngest at the moment being 5 and weighs about 42 pounds.. Prior to getting pregnant, I could still lift her easily... because I was used to doing it. Now lifting 30+ pounds of something other than my girl, or my 80 pound 9 year old... is a whole different ballgame.. As for dragging personally I think Casey could handle that.

Honestly this could be debated all day long.. The only way for sure we would of known if Casey could handle lifting a dead baby would of been to test her immediately with a dummy of the same approximate height and weight of Caylee. I also think adrenaline was a factor and people have lifted some unbelievable weight when "pumped".

thank you to the person who posted the link to SATRI, very informative! I've lived within a 1.5 hour radius of the company my whole life and have never heard of them!!

thank you to the person who posted the link to SATRI, very informative! I've lived within a 1.5 hour radius of the company my whole life and have never heard of them!!

*snipped*

As has oft been commented (and now will be one more time) at least Caylee's ordeal has brought to light some, perhaps otherwise largely unappreciated, yet, incredible, wonderfully good people in these organizations, independents, LE, etc., etc....AND their tracking animals...,AND the people that support them all so they can give of their talent(s)/gift(s).

Count my blessings each day for these folks that find the courage to, "Get up and do it again. Amen."

I can't see KC lifting Caylee ( deceased) either. I think it would have be difficult to lift her & toss her from a bridge. I do think KC could have dragged her though. I always thought she put her in the dumpster but u do have to lift up what ever it is you are tossing in. I think that also could have been difficult. Makes you think unless she had help she could only have dragged her.

It really varies though, I am 5 foot 3 and barely a 100lbs. I volunteer with a dog rescue group and move 50lb bags of dog food by myself all the time. I couldn't hike a couple of miles into the woods with one (not easily anyway, maybe if really determined). But I could definitely get one in a dumpster without help or chuck one off a bridge. Casey would be hightly motivated to get rid of that particular item.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back