Explosion Boston Marathon #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
LE needs facebook posts, tweets, pictures...anything from people who were in the area. They have to be able to collect statements some way and piece it all together.

PLEASE-if you were in the area, please call LE with instagram, twitters, photos on facebook. If you had someone there who was txting you, tweeting you please call LE

10:04 PM
FBI: ‘No Piece Of Information Or Detail Is Too Small’

We reported earlier that the FBI has taken over the investigation, but here's the information on the special FBI public tip line:The FBI has set-up 1-800-CALL-FBI (1-800-225-5324), prompt #3, for anyone who has information, visual images, and/or details regarding the explosions along the Boston Marathon route and elsewhere. No piece of information or detail is too small.

Guys, I am going to bump this periodically so please dont get annoyed..:blowkiss:

"This cowardly act will not be taken in stride," Boston police commissioner Ed Davis just said again. "We'll turn over every rock to find out who is responsible."
I hope so.
I love the Boston Marathon. I love the fact that my city is in the name. I love the race. I love everything about it. I think this is the most innocent sports event in this country. The big-time runners and the money they make is only garnish. The soul of the race is in the middle of the pack. Ordinary people cheer for ordinary people. Where else does this happen? This is a festival, a salute to the human spirit. The price of admission is nothing, zero. Just show up. Just join the fun.
I don't ever want it to change.
Except I think it just did.
http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/44893972

Great article, from a long time Boston sports writer, he gets to the heart and spirit of the day.

My theory,and take it fwiw, is that the person they *dont* have in custody at an area hospital is related to the JFK explosion. That the person was burned in that explosion.

I think that is why this is happening so quickly-the warrant and the search from last night i mean.

I am usually wrong, so take it fwiw.

CNNNortheastDesk ‏@CNNNEDesk 2m
Just in- @CNNEditorChuck reports the NYSE will have a moment of silence before Opening Bell at 9:20 a.m. - 9:21 a.m for #Boston victims

When I signed off last night, there was a tweet about police looking for two people in connection with the bomb blasts. I haven't read any update about this yet. Maybe in the presser this morning. sigh. This is so horrible and disgusting. I agree with Gitana that this is likely a loner person but now I've been thinking it could be two young ****heads. Hope we find out soon.

The soul of the race is in the middle of the pack. Ordinary people cheer for ordinary people.

Yes. This is the spirit of this race, plain and simple.

There is no question that the explosions, at least in my mind, were set for maximum carnage. For the waves of non world class runners and for their loved ones cheering them on.

These folks knew this race well enough to know that, and they knew the city well enough in terms of security.

If the bombs werent carried in by back pack, I personally believe they were set well before the race in trash cans or mailboxes. jmvho.

From WBZ: police apparently took 3 bags from the Revere apartment. I wonder what they found?

Evan Allen ‏@EvanMAllen 2m

Neighbors have begun leaving flowers here @bostondotcom pic.twitter.com/s64xdGfgSE

Neighbor: father came home last night, looked like "the walking dead"*

Neighbor of sweet chalk drawings: this is how I will remember them. @BostonDotCom They planned more pictures he said pic.twitter.com/UMRBqQDNUP

Neighbor says kids were always outside playing. Family always together. Child's helmet left on lawn. @BostonDotCom pic.twitter.com/tRrRAFkrF3

Someone wrote this in front of home with chalk children left out Sunday. @BostonDotCom pic.twitter.com/djolVCBGIU

Neighbors huddled, wiping away tears at home of youngest bombing victim. Crush of media. 1 cop here. @BostonDotCom pic.twitter.com/j48uoJgX62

Chalk flower and butterfly drawn by Richard children Sunday in front of home. @BostonDotCom #marathonexplosion pic.twitter.com/7u8V7bAGGD

A single candle in front of the home of the 8yo killed in the #marathonexplosion. Martin Richard was youngest victim pic.twitter.com/cLnJKON7cn

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout...RvcnlwYWdlBHRlc3QDTjRVX2hvbWVydW5hcGk-;_ylv=3

A nod to raine1212 who sent this photo to the FBI last night as a tip.

man-on-roof.jpg

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/m...athon-bombs-show-run-scared-article-1.1317780

Please note that the first photo shows the city street and the distance between.
After that when you scroll down there are photos that are graphic in nature.
According to this article, the first photo has captions that the bombs were 10 seconds apart.
I guess that could mean that one person could have detonated both bombs.

bbm

Does anyone know what Revere, Mass is like?

Was reading about the "raid" and the apartment building is supposed to be a h*** hole and not good with background checks of their tenants.

TIA

Before I moved to Brookline, I used to take the blue line (MBTA) from Revere, on occasion. Its a city with a small beach/waterfront that has a reputation of being fairly tough. Kelly's Roast Beef is one of its claims to fame - sort of. Alot of "Jersey Shore" types...definitely a place you don't want to be hanging out late at night if you are not from there. The MBTA also has stops at Suffolk Downs (racetrack) so you could say that the area is, ah...somewhat...connected if you know what I mean.

Revere women were often referred to as girls with "big hair"...especially back in the 80s and early 90s.

Much like many cities that are on the outskirts of Boston (proper), like Somerville, Winthrop, Chelsea, etc., there is a mixture of people from various ethnic backgrounds.

My hinky meter is going towards Domestic as well. No group has come forward (yet) to claim the bombings. Many foreign terrorists are more than happy to jump up and down saying they killed Americans.

I think this bombing came from our own backyard.

How incredibly sad.

MOO

Mel

Not only that but in a lot of ways its so 'amateurish'. The bombs sound like they were crudely made, didn't have explosive materiel like C4 in them, was powerful, but on a very small scale (I read that windows nearby were not even blown out). I'm still open to it being either but I also lean domestic.

Before I moved to Brookline, I used to take the blue line (MBTA) from Revere, on occasion. Its a city with a small beach/waterfront that has a reputation of being fairly tough. Kelly's Roast Beef is one of its claims to fame - sort of. Alot of "Jersey Shore" types...definitely a place you don't want to be hanging out late at night if you are not from there. The MBTA also has stops at Suffolk Downs (racetrack) so you could say that the area is, ah...somewhat...connected if you know what I mean.

Revere women were often referred to as girls with "big hair"...especially back in the 80s and early 90s.

Much like many cities that are on the outskirts of Boston (proper), like Somerville, Winthrop, Chelsea, etc., there is a mixture of people from various ethnic backgrounds.

Very accurate description!

Not only that but in a lot of ways its so 'amateurish'. The bombs sound like they were crudely made, didn't have explosive materiel like C4 in them, was powerful, but on a very small scale (I read that windows nearby were not even blown out). I'm still open to it being either but I also lean domestic.

Windows in the immediate vicinity but not across the street, is what they're saying, though again I don't know how reliable the source on that is and right now even the usually cautious stations don't seem to be vetting their sources very closely :(

One of last night's bomb experts mentioned that it seems to have burned more than exploded, which might mean that it wasn't built properly or might mean that they were hoping to catch the building on fire, too. Again, take that with a large measure of salt because I don't know how expert the expert was and he certainly didn't have access to anything more than the photo. Granted he could tell a lot from that, it's certainly not definitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam