Fake Charity_what can I do?

Reaction score
Hello Fine Wonderful Good People of Websleuths,
Can you help me?
I came across a fraudulent charity called Empty Bowl Pet Food Pantry. There was no site about this place last January, now there are so many fake and made-up sites that it is ridiculous. Plus, this place is linked to a criminal who just got out of a 17 year sentence from prison for- you can guess- FRAUD- Please look at the names of the sites of the so called "news articles" This "charity" claims to have been around for years and years- UMMMM- NOPE- I would know since I have been volunteering with animals forever and to see this hurts. Plus, you can see people are giving $ and being defrauded. I emailed "C.J" the person who claims to run it and she my questions with general places and finally named Cochise County animal shelter as a place that she gives food to. So, I called and they never heard of her or her organization. So far, I have seen a 3000$ check given to them and who knows how much else. What else can I do? besides the IRS?
Thanks,

The Attorney General's office of your state has a fraud section, possibly charity fraud or cyber crime as well.

Send that office the information.

Other states may have a Cochise County, but I expect you.ll find contact information here:

https://www.azag.gov/

jmho ymmv lrr

Good recommendation. Your state Attorney General's office is in charge of investigating and shutting down fraudulent charities.

You may also try contacting local news media. They also like to do investigative stories about scam charities.

Good luck and good on you for doing this. There's a LOT of this in the cancer non-profit world and states usually appreciate you giving them tips like this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back