Family wants to keep life support for girl brain dead after tonsil surgery #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ceven if the coroner does an autopsy the chances of finding a definitive cause of death is slim to none due to the body healing while on the vent.

I don't think that the body will heal while on the vent- just continue to decompose. The hormones aren't
there without the brain for healing.

I do wonder if the family did something and they think that healing will happen and hide whatever happened.

I can't believe that the heart would go on much longer if the body begins to decay to such extent that it becomes a public health hazard.
Hopefully anyone handling potentially infectious secretions etc. knows how to protect their hygiene.

I don't think that the body will heal while on the vent- just continue to decompose. The hormones aren't

I do wonder if the family did something and they think that healing will happen and hide whatever happened.

I don't think her body is decomposing, except for the brain and brain stem. She won't heal, but as long as she has circulation delivering oxygen to her cells she can't be considered to be decomposing.

I don't think her body is decomposing, except for the brain and brain stem. She won't heal, but as long as she has circulation delivering oxygen to her cells she can't be considered to be decomposing.

But what about Dr. Fiori's statement that her skin was changing and her digestive system was sloughing off and was being eliminated in a bowel movement? I believe that there was a nurse here (or maybe it was on another forum) who had treated a patient kept alive for a while and said that there were obvious changes, it just didn't happen as fast because of the vent. If it's not called decomposing, what is it called- deteriorating?

I can't believe that the heart would go on much longer if the body begins to decay to such extent that it becomes a public health hazard.
Hopefully anyone handling potentially infectious secretions etc. knows how to protect their hygiene.

There had been talk up-thread (or many threads ago) about infection, which I'm guessing would be what makes it a hazard, no? Especially if she's not in a qualified institution where they dispose of hazardous waste properly. :scared:

I could have sworn towards the start of these threads that the body will heal, making it harder to determine COD. I'm guessing that now it's past that point and the body is breaking down because everything is so off balance hormone wise. That's what I've understood of this.

http://christiannews.net/2014/01/01...een-claims-hospital-is-starving-her-daughter/

If they pumped blood out of her stomach they would presumably also have noticed if there were bits of food in it.

-----------
Hi Donjeta, I think there are claims to too many things all over this case. The hospital may have proof of the happenings or they may not. I find it hard to believe the family was allowed to stay while all this was going on. I was not allowed to stay with my son during certain procedures, sometimess they wanted me there. Pumping blood out would not allow people. I think they have stretched the truth. The fact that parents dont understand she was getting nourishment with water proves they didnt understand. We may never know..Take care, :loveyou:

------
The body cant heal it is dead. Ventilator or not. :loveyou:

In reference to her supposedly ( I have doubts) being fed, if her body is dead are the enzymes, acids and bacteria's that normally work to process food still working or are they dead too.

I'm guessing that now it's past that point and the body is breaking down because everything is so off balance hormone wise. That's what I've understood of this.

The body is breaking down because it's dead. Cellular death. Not hormones unbalanced. Truly dead. Bacteria proliferates as part of the decomp process.

If there is a serious infection a septic shock and a cardiac arrest might not be too far behind. But I suppose Dr. Frankenstein may have dosed her with a bus load of antibiotics.

-----------
Hi Donjeta, I think there are claims to too many things all over this case. The hospital may have proof of the happenings or they may not. I find it hard to believe the family was allowed to stay while all this was going on. I was not allowed to stay with my son during certain procedures, sometimess they wanted me there. Pumping blood out would not allow people. I think they have stretched the truth. The fact that parents dont understand she was getting nourishment with water proves they didnt understand. We may never know..Take care, :loveyou:

It is quite possible and even probable they were not allowed to stay during certain procedures but that doesn't mean that the staff didn't tell them what was done.

Haven't caught up, yet, and this may have already been posted--but excellent perspective offered by Father Jonathan Morris on this short video:

video.foxnews.com/v/3019259511001/father-jonathan-morris-weighs-in-on-jahi-mcmath-case/#sp=show-clips …

"Faith and science are not at odds, here."

Can someone with legal expertise answer something that's been bothering me about all this ... even if the coroner does an autopsy the chances of finding a definitive cause of death is slim to none due to the body healing while on the vent. If NW is going to pursue malpractice or wrongful death, or anything else she thinks she can file against the hospital), how is the probable lack of answers going to impact the case? They won't honestly find the hospital at fault without rock solid evidence would they?

Or is it more likely that it's being pushed along in hopes that CHO and their insurance take the path of lease resistance (payout to avoid court)?

The longer this goes on, the less chance there is for answers.

I'm not sure anyone will know this, but at what point does the degenerating body become a public health concern?

What I don't understand is how a dead body can heal? How is that possible when the body is already deceased?

If there is a serious infection a septic shock and a cardiac arrest might not be too far behind. But I suppose Dr. Frankenstein may have dosed her with a bus load of antibiotics.

Didn't they already say they were going to give her antibiotics for her throat infection?

If the MD tells you to remain NPO why must he explain why? Why can't you (general) take him at his word and do so? When I have had surgeries including an emergency surgery The explanation was in the paper work I signed.....that I read. Why would anyone question that the MD or RN knew what they are talking about? JMO

If the MD tells you to remain NPO why must he explain why? Why can't you (general) take him at his word and do so? When I have had surgeries including an emergency surgery The explanation was in the paper work I signed.....that I read. Why would anyone question that the MD or RN knew what they are talking about? JMO

when I had a colonoscopy (cringe) they told me I could have clear liquids from midnight to 6 am. I asked if I could have jello and they said no, so I asked why. they told me the food dye in jello could make my colon/ stomach/ esophagus look "wrong". even tea was out, anything with color. if I hadn't asked I probably would have had both tea and jello.

sometimes asking is a good thing :)

This case is absolutely hideous. I don't know if any of the rumors about feeding and suctioning are true but God help that family if they are. It seems to me that this family, in their grief, are being "advised" by some truly unethical people who have dollar signs in their eyes. The only entity with any integrity in this case seems to be CHO and their reputation is being seriously dragged through the mud.

I hope that whatever facility she is at, or whatever "professionals" are providing her care will be under some sort of review and at risk of losing their licensing. What they're doing is just sick.

Because they get PAID to do a job and if I have questions I expect them to ANSWER the questions, that is why!

It is my body (or the bodies of my loved ones) and I will sure as heck ask all the questions I like (I also do a LOT of my own research and it is amazing the things that the "professionals" don't bother to tell their patients when the patient has a RIGHT to know and has a RIGHT to be fully informed when making decisions).

While others have shared a lot of personal hospital experiences on this thread I have not, needless to say the one non-elective major surgery that I had left me with an extremely bad impression of the hospital and staff and I would NOT trust them blindly. Not at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheMidge