FBI considering hate crime charges against Zimmerman #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so criminal and Mexican are somehow inextricably linked. Gotcha.

IF you are describing Miami Mexican street gangs, then YES, it is linked. Just like Crips and Bloods are usually black, and skinheads are usually white.

AFAIK, there were three instances of GZ calling in reports on children. One involved a 7- to 9-year old boy who was walking to school, alone, on a busy highway. GZ was concerned about his safety.

Another time, GZ called because some children were playing in the street and, apparently, he was again concerned about safety.

IIRC, the third instance involved children climbing over the pool fence when it was closed and being disruptive/vandalizing the area they'd trespassed upon.

JMO, OMO, and MOO because I'm too lazy to go look up the call dates.

How 'bout hosing down some children on bicycles? Not for the children's safety, I think. In fact, it was assault and he could have been prosecuted for it. But then, he's a man who likes to take things into his own little hands.

How 'bout hosing down some children on bicycles? Not for the children's safety, I think. In fact, it was assault and he could have been prosecuted for it. But then, he's a man who likes to take things into his own little hands.

Could you provide a link to the full story of this? I haven't read anything about it. TIA

BBM

Five calls in 3 years = a crime wave? That's what I'm trying to understand. I found 4 of these 5 in the link I posted above, but from what I can gather, of the ENTIRE 47 reports at the link, only ONE resulted in an arrest.

I'm just not following how this is supposed to explain or justify his heightened awareness or scrutiny of TM. As nearly as I can tell, he didn't follow the guy he says was at Taaffe's house 24 days earlier, and that time he also had a gun AND a 100 lb dog.

What's supposed to have made TM so much more worthy of following?

ETA: Excuse me, I should have said 2 arrests as a result of his calls. I forgot to include George.

Walking around with a 100 pound dog, a Rottweiler, really disturbs me. Taafe several times mentioned GZ's walking with his big dog and the thing I inferred from that was that the dog somehow figured into his "Patrolling." (And that's what Taafe called it!) Would he sic the dog on someone whom he perceived to be up to no good or looking around? Was the dog a trained attack dog? I love dogs and have one myself. And certainly, if the complex allowed pets, GZ was within his rights to walk his dog. But the words "100 lb Rottweiler" and George Zimmerman "Patrolling" somehow makes me uneasy.

IF you are describing Miami Mexican street gangs, then YES, it is linked. Just like Crips and Bloods are usually black, and skinheads are usually white.

I wasn't aware that GZ was describing members of a Miami street gang, was he?

I can't say I've ever heard anyone described as a "white skinhead". Seems rather redundant.

I think the incident you are referring to is undocumented rumor (the story about him spraying the bullies with a water hose), as there is no official report on file about it. IMO, I tend to take these stories with a grain of salt.

JMO, OMO, and MOO

Could you provide a link to the full story of this? I haven't read anything about it. TIA

Ahh... hosing the children on bikes. This was discussed at length quite some ago. It didnt' end well.

As the story goes, a child was being bullied by others and Zimmerman hosed the alleged bullies down every time they rode their bikes on the sidewalk in front of his house.

Okay, so criminal and Mexican are somehow inextricably linked. Gotcha.

No, obviously the opposite of that, imo. George described these particular criminals as Mexican b/c not all criminals are Mexican and not all Mexicans are criminals -- but the ones George saw messing with people's cars and pulling knives were both criminals and Mexicans.

my bolding

Pardon me but I never said it was 'nothing'. And I never said it wasn't terrifying. But that is one crime, hardly what's being alleged that black kids were taking over the neighborhood committing rampant crime. The stats are what they are, some of them were stolen bikes, etc, goes ion everywhere, hardly justification for going after a kid with a loaded gun. And there's nowhere in the stats that say it was all black kids either.

That's not justification for going after one kid who was walking down the street. And how do I know he wasn't doing anything suspicious? Seriously? Just listening to GZ's calls bears that out. And I don't agree that if he wasn't doing anything suspicious GZ wouldn't have called, GZ's own past actions bear that out too.

I'm not about to make something up or exaggerate everything just to make Trayvon appear more "thuggish", GZ said what he said. Trayvon was walking down the street looking about. Something he had every right to do. There's video that shows him in the store.

Police reports showed there were 8 burglaries in 15 months, not all black kids. That has been twisted into rampant crime being committed by black kids, the neighborhood was under siege by black kids.

No one has ever said that GZ didn't have the right to call police, ever.

JMHO

And of the two who broke into that young mother's home, neither was Trayvon Martin and he is not to be blamed for that. Neither should he be killed for it.

The problem with staatements like yours, is that others could point to statistics of Black on White crime TODAY that are much higher than White on lack crime...for the reason Whites fear Blacks. We cannot allow one point of view to be reasonable and demand the the OTHER causative factor being left unsaid. Yes, some Blacks fear Whites because of history and some Whhites fear Blacks because of crime statistics.

I don't see a problem with statements like mine. Sorry.

GZ entered the six-month diversion program as part of his plea deal that reduced the third-degree felony charges to a misdemeanor.

http://syndicatednews.net/clients/syndicatednews/zimmerman_police_records.pdf

And after the diversion was completed, the charges were withdrawn and the case dismissed. The Nolle Prosequi record was posted by someone here a while ago and it was discussed

eta: It was post 504 on the closed "cries for help" thread

So that means he didn't commit the felony that he copped a plea to???

soooo, Trayvon was so far enough away that gz "thought" he was black ...yet he walked up to the car? It cant be both.....and Im confused as I did not hear that in the 911 call....jmooc

The only thing GZ said in the call was not that he came up to GZ's vehicle, but "He's checking me out." I don't think that means he came up to the vehicle or that he circled the vehicle three times, or even once. IMO the fact that the video from the club hasn't been released and the 7-11 video was released, is that there is something on that video from the club which someone, and IMO it's MO'M doesn't want made public. In any case, if there is a video from the club and if it were pointed in the direction of GZ's vehicle, it will tell the tale.

You beat me to it. Just doesn't seem fair to put someone through all that for an offense they never committed, does it? :)

It was all the ATF agent's fault because he didn't identify himself to GZ. As if he were required to introduce himself to GZ before he made an arrest. The only person that ATF agent was concerned about was the person he was about to arrest and I'll bet he did identify himself. Regardless of his excuse, GZ had no right to put his hands on anyone. Obviously the person getting arrested knew who the agent was because he did not resist.

I believe it is SOP for government law enforcement agencies to identify themselves right away because they are in plain clothes, including the FBI, because of the fact they are afraid they'll be shot by mistake.

But, pssst, psst, pssst...I think we are headed off topic. jmo

Ahh... hosing the children on bikes. This was discussed at length quite some ago. It didnt' end well.

As the story goes, a child was being bullied by others and Zimmerman hosed the alleged bullies down every time they rode their bikes on the sidewalk in front of his house.

Are you serious? He really had the audacity to hose children down while they were riding their bikes? Was this information from a previous article?

my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member