Fecal Transplant

That is funny. Did he even really have C diff or just thought he did? If he did have it he could have been left with the stomach problems, IBS, or whatever it was like I had that eventually goes away.

He had every test under the sun and there was nothing wrong with him. He literally went to multiple doctors every single day. The only reason he thought he needed it was because his poo wasn't stinky. But he thought my sisters poo wasn't stinky either, so maybe his problem was with his nose, not his gut.
Btw, his poo continued to be non-stinky after the transplant.

That is a funny story, but I must say being a hypochondriac is not funny. It's horrible to live with for both the hypochondriac and all those who love him/her.

I have extreme anxiety issues when it comes to medical issues. I am a self proclaimed hypochondriac. It is HORRIBLE. If I see something on T.V. or read about something, I think I have it. It's a nightmare. I know how crazy this sounds, but it is a real issue.

When H1N1 hit, I was a basket case. I always thought I had the symptoms and my daughter had the symptoms. It's hard to live that way.

Since then, I have been on a new medicine for my anxiety and it has gotten better. Not cured but better. That was also a nightmare because I am scared to death of taking a new medicine.

Anyway, enough rambleing. I just wanted to point out that I can totally understand this guy thinking he needed this procedure.

JMO

I'm so sorry you have to go through this but the difference is you obvioulsy saw it was a problem and you reached out for help. Good on you!

But he REFUSED to see that the problem was in his head, not his body....he thinks depression, anxiety, mental illness is all a sham. (later found out his mum had been in an institution most of her life)

I could never understand why he would go to such great lengths with medical procedures, but not even try talk therapy or psych meds.

He also brainwashed my sister into having the same beliefs- which stopped her from getting the help she needed.

And while he was obsessing about this transplant, my sister was anorexic and dropped to 32kg (70.4 pounds) . He was so self obsessed, he couldn't see the real medical danger right in front of him.

If it wasn't for me dragging her to the hospital under false pretences she would be dead, so making fun of him isn't something I feel bad about.

Not making fun of hypochondia at all. Aplologies if it came across that way.

I would like to become a donor as I am always told I am FULL OF _____! ;)

Sorry, I couldn't help it. I'm glad this seems to be a quick, safe and sure fire cure for something so serious!

I was gonna say that finally there's a positive reason for people who are so full of it to exist.

I know this is a serious issue, but I have a funny story about it.

My sisters ex was a hypochondriac, and was convinced he need this transplant. (there truly was nothing worng with him).

It was only just being tested on humans here, and he forked out a bucket load to have it done. But he had to pay extra for the donor poo, which he didn't want to do if he could get good, free poo from someone.

He called me and asked "Does your poo stink"?
I'm waiting for the punchline, but there wasn't one.
He tells me how he needs not just any poo, but stinky poo because that was his main problem. His s*it didn't stink! (LMAO)

He asked about the entire family's poo-stinkiness. And he wanted me to describe the odour of each.
Needless to say we all turned him down and he forked out the extra for the donor poo.

A couple of things about this. If poo stinkyness is the hallmark of precious donor poo then my dad and I are the men for the job. I'd have to give the nod to dad in the major stinkyness department. That man could render a bathroom useless for anyone with a nose for a full week.

Also, I told my doctor I thought that I was schizophrenic and he told me I was a hypochondriac.

He told me that too. Link

He had every test under the sun and there was nothing wrong with him. He literally went to multiple doctors every single day. The only reason he thought he needed it was because his poo wasn't stinky. But he thought my sisters poo wasn't stinky either, so maybe his problem was with his nose, not his gut.

Thank you so much for that report. I can't imagine going through life without knowing about the level of his poo stinkyness. :sick:

I am continuously amazed at what some medical folks come up with - that works! I put this sort of thinking along the lines of the person who discovered artichokes were edible...desperate times, desperate measures...and success.

Some of the things we see done in the hospital we are left wondering "who thought of that, and can I get some of what they were taking when they came up with it?" followed closely by the thought "who would volunteer for that procedure the first time?"

Medicine...an amazing, incredibly creative adventure.

Best-
Herding Cats

The most mystifying thing to me, and it's not medical, is how somebody determined that if you take this little tiny grain from a wheat stalk and crush it with hundreds more of the grains and then add water and yeast it will become bread. :waitasec:

He had every test under the sun and there was nothing wrong with him. He literally went to multiple doctors every single day. The only reason he thought he needed it was because his poo wasn't stinky.
Shoooot...I could've cured that with a bowl of my red beans and rice.

But he thought my sisters poo wasn't stinky either, so maybe his problem was with his nose, not his gut.
You just might be right. ;)

BBM ~ I WISH DH had that "problem"..... ;)

This reminds me of baby rabbits. I found a nest of cottontail bunnies where the mother rabbit was killed by the neighbor's cat. I called a rehabilitation place and they suggested that wild bunnies don't live anyway so just let them die.

I didn't want to do that so I read up on a rehabilitation site about feeding cecals (stinky poo) to the babies to get their immune functions working in their digestive track. I had to get cecals from my neighbor's tame rabbits and kind of made a milk replacement with watered oats and poo. The wild Cottontails indeed survived and I released them once they were about half adult.

The current theory on why we have an appendix is to serve as a reservoir for good fecal bacteria in case yours get wiped out from disease or illness. All the more reason to leave the little sucker exactly where the good Lord put it, IMO. Tonsils too. First line of defense against polio.

The current theory on why we have an appendix is to serve as a reservoir for good fecal bacteria in case yours get wiped out from disease or illness. All the more reason to leave the little sucker exactly where the good Lord put it, IMO. Tonsils too. First line of defense against polio.

Agreed, unless it's gonna rupture.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back