Fencesitters & Not Guilty Post Here - THREAD NO. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the info guys. It is a possibility but a weak one in my opinion (compared to what it seems they found in the Mc Cann's car) unless the police can find something more.

". . .A white van with Spanish number plates matching the description of Von Aesch's was seen parked for several days in front of the McCann's apartment. The van was not seen again after Madeleine disappeared. . ."

This about the white van is a new fact I had not heard before in the Madeleine case!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urs_Hans_Von_Aesch

Both girls were blond haired!
http://is.blick.ch/img/gen/g/P/HBgPH5PA_Pxgen_r_180xA.jpg

pic from this article:
http://translate.google.com/transla...ch?q=Urs+Hans+Von+Aesch&num=20&hl=en&safe=off

The alleged killer of the 5 years old little blond girl looks like:
http://www.droitfondamental.eu/06-Ylena_urs_hans_von_aesch-2.png

I wonder how close is that description to the person seen in the mccann case.

Note: The original links were posted first by colomom and so colomom deserves the credit for the finds. Thanks.

". . .A white van with Spanish number plates matching the description of Von Aesch's was seen parked for several days in front of the McCann's apartment. The van was not seen again after Madeleine disappeared. . ."

This about the white van is a new fact I had not heard before in the Madeleine case!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urs_Hans_Von_Aesch

Both girls were blond haired!
http://is.blick.ch/img/gen/g/P/HBgPH5PA_Pxgen_r_180xA.jpg

pic from this article:
http://translate.google.com/transla...ch?q=Urs+Hans+Von+Aesch&num=20&hl=en&safe=off

The alleged killer of the 5 years old little blond girl looks like:
http://www.droitfondamental.eu/06-Ylena_urs_hans_von_aesch-2.png

I wonder how close is that description to the person seen in the mccann case.

Note: The original links were posted first by colomom and so colomom deserves the credit for the finds. Thanks.

Thanks! Great info! :) It DOES seems like a connection. The ONLY question I have is that I still think that the evidence of the smell the cadaver dogs found in the Mc Cann's car seem to be stronger than this connection BUT I think the Police should check this out IF they didn't already.

Thanks! Great info! :) It DOES seems like a connection. The ONLY question I have is that I still think that the evidence of the smell the cadaver dogs found in the Mc Cann's car seem to be stronger than this connection BUT I think the Police should check this out IF they didn't already.
I agree that this seeming connection between the two cases is worthy of being looked into thoroughly but that it also does not at this time negate the facts that also seem to point at the parents as possible perps. I think both possibilities along with any others of which we may not yet be aware should be looked into completely.

Edited to add:
I found this interesting that just came in a few minutes ago:

". . .The parents of Madeleine McCann have been told that police have no immediate plans to summon them for a fresh interview.
Gerry and Kate McCann were also informed by a prosecutor in Portugal that detectives could be following "other lines of inquiry" apart from them. . ."
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/pressass/20070919/tuk-mccanns-will-not-face-re-interview-6323e80_1.html

The last we heard of the man who surprised Urs Von Aesch was that he was in a Swiss hospital in critical condition. That was back in August, I think.

The last we heard of the man who surprised Urs Von Aesch was that he was in a Swiss hospital in critical condition. That was back in August, I think.

I hope he didn't die. The article said a gunshot wound to the abdomen. :(

While I'm leaning towards the parents' guilt (with some reservations such as not a lot of time to cover up & then meet their friends), I agree that LE should be pursuing whatever other leads are out there. Until they can prove the parents did it, they shouldn't be giving up on other possibilities.

McCanns welcome police decision

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7004081.stm

The parents of Madeleine McCann are "very encouraged" that Portuguese police are not currently seeking to reinterview them, their spokesman said.

Kate and Gerry McCann have also learned that other lines of inquiry are not being ruled out by detectives.

The attorney general office's disclosure came after a judge examined a 1,000-page police dossier, including evidence involving Madeleine's parents.

Well sure they do. The following statement struck me funny, odd funny.

"And that means that they can focus on keeping a normal life around Sean and Amelie, their other children, and fighting the campaign to find Madeleine."

A mis-statement or or a slip of the lip?:waitasec:

Haha, good observation Rino!

Well sure they do. The following statement struck me funny, odd funny.

"And that means that they can focus on keeping a normal life around Sean and Amelie, their other children, and fighting the campaign to find Madeleine."

A mis-statement or or a slip of the lip?:waitasec:

Ouch, an unfortunate comment either way.

I like the way that once again, the "normal life for Sean and Amelie" is emphasized. :doh:

I guess I'm not reading what you're reading in the statement.
What is so 'odd' about it? The lives of the McCann twins has most likely been turned upside down. I think everyone wants them to have a so called normal life. The twins may be young but they may sense chaos around them with the media constantly following them and with their daily routines uprooted. And most importantly, IMO, they miss their sister.

I guess I'm not reading what you're reading in the statement.
What is so 'odd' about it? The lives of the McCann twins has most likely been turned upside down. I think everyone wants them to have a so called normal life. The twins may be young but they may sense chaos around them with the media constantly following them and with their daily routines uprooted. And most importantly, IMO, they miss their sister.

It reads "fighting the campaign to find Madeleine"...

Why would they be fighting it, unless they do not want her to be found???

"fighting the campaign to find Madeleine."

Thats the part of the quote that is raising eyebrows and that hinkey meter.

Well, I have heard that sometimes your subconscious says things it wants to let out; hence, Freudian slips....

I don't think that phrase has any bearing whatsoever on the guilt or innocence of the parents. There is the expression, "fighting that battle" or "fighting the good fight" and there are other variations of the phrase, so to think of saying a sentence in your mind that said something about "continuing the campaign to find Madeleine" and then to accidently combine it with the thought of "continuing to fight that battle" (or something to that effect) you could easily end up with a combined but misspoken phrase such as was finally put into the interview quote.

Sounds to me like some people are overanalyzing some things. (No offense meant.)

I don't think that phrase has any bearing whatsoever on the guilt or innocence of the parents. There is the expression, "fighting that battle" or "fighting the good fight" and there are other variations of the phrase, so to think of saying a sentence in your mind that said something about "continuing the campaign to find Madeleine" and then to accidently combine it with the thought of "continuing to fight that battle" (or something to that effect) you could easily end up with a combined but misspoken phrase such as was finally put into the interview quote.

Sounds to me like some people are overanalyzing some things. (No offense meant.)

Actually if you click the video link (upper, right) you can see the actual interview with Clarence ~whatever, brain fart~ and see what he actually says. In my eyes it is a goof by the BBC writer...

But, we are all hyper-sensitive...and rightly so...IMHO

Actually if you click the video link (upper, right) you can see the actual interview with Clarence ~whatever, brain fart~ and see what he actually says. In my eyes it is a goof by the BBC writer...
That is also a good possibility, thanks for mentioning it. In my opinion: Either way I do not think being "hypersensitive" to every word spoken will really aid us in solving the case.

Watching to catch them in a lie or making statements that conflict with what they have previously said is even a long shot. We might catch them being misquoted as you say or perhaps even combining two thoughts into one misspoken sentence but not likely that we will catch them revealing anything significant about the case that will prove they committed a serious crime such as murder.

That is also a good possibility, thanks for mentioning it. In my opinion: Either way I do not think being "hypersensitive" to every word spoken will really aid us in solving the case.

Watching to catch them in a lie or making statements that conflict with what they have previously said is even a long shot. We might catch them being misquoted as you say or perhaps even combining two thoughts into one misspoken sentence but not likely that we will catch them revealing anything significant about the case that will prove they committed a serious crime such as murder.

Don't get me wrong hon, I agree, we should not be so hyper-sensitive but, face it, due to the nature of this case and the "input" we are receiving from various sources, it is entirely understandable why we are.

I wish we could all be un-biased and not affected but we are human and as such, we are flawed...and so the spin doctors can work their magic....

We should all be as "clear" as you are docwho3 (and I mean that in a most complimentary way...really).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea