Final Thought on SBTC

gsquared said:
SBTC can mean Solution-oriented Brief Therapy Counseling/Counselor.

It is a type of marriage counseling.

Marriage Menders, in Policy Review » Read Now
by Elizabeth Schoenfeld. 3 pgs.

...the same partner."that creed in hand, Weiner-Davis pioneered the use of Solution-Oriented Brief Therapy (SBT) in marriage counseling. Unlike traditional therapy methods...

http://www.questia.com/library/sociology-and-anthropology/marriage-counseling.jsp
Wouldn't that be S.O.B.T.C.?

SBTC - Some Body That Cares? I don't know I'm just taking a wild guess.:blushing:

Maybe it was a clue as to where the body was to be found??

She's By The Cellar

Just in case they weren't able to get down there to get JonBenet before the police did.

JMO

I read somewhere that PR had a habit of turning phrases into acronyms. I'm sorry I don't remember the source, but could this be one of those times?

A couple more thoughts...the letter starts off as "We"...

We are a group of individuals...

Later in the letter the person writing says "I will call you" ... not very consistent. Why not say "We will call you"?

The next sentence says "The delivery will be exhausting so I advise you to be rested."

After that, it switches back to "we"... "If we monitor you getting the money early, we might call you early to arrange ...."

Again, next sentence ... "Any deviation of my instructions will result in the immediate execution of your daughter."

Sounds to me that PR was rushing things and didn't have a chance to proof read her work.

Don't you think if someone came to the Ramsey house with the intent of kidnapping Jon Benet they would have had the note typed up already? Why risk being caught in the house in the time it would take to write a 3 page ransom note?

Also, the police overlooked the cellar room where JonBenet was. The Ramseys knew she was there. If they went to that room right away the police would be suspicious if one of them went down there right away, because she was supposedly kidnapped right? JR had to go down there later in the day and reveal that he found her, because if he never went down there the police would have to operate under the assumption she truly was kidnapped. If he waited any longer than he did that would have aroused suspicions as well.

Make no mistake, this was thought out.

Paladin said:
A couple more thoughts...the letter starts off as "We"...

We are a group of individuals...

Later in the letter the person writing says "I will call you" ... not very consistent. Why not say "We will call you"?

The next sentence says "The delivery will be exhausting so I advise you to be rested."

After that, it switches back to "we"... "If we monitor you getting the money early, we might call you early to arrange ...."

Again, next sentence ... "Any deviation of my instructions will result in the immediate execution of your daughter."

Sounds to me that PR was rushing things and didn't have a chance to proof read her work.

Don't you think if someone came to the Ramsey house with the intent of kidnapping Jon Benet they would have had the note typed up already? Why risk being caught in the house in the time it would take to write a 3 page ransom note?

Also, the police overlooked the cellar room where JonBenet was. The Ramseys knew she was there. If they went to that room right away the police would be suspicious if one of them went down there right away, because she was supposedly kidnapped right? JR had to go down there later in the day and reveal that he found her, because if he never went down there the police would have to operate under the assumption she truly was kidnapped. If he waited any longer than he did that would have aroused suspicions as well.

Make no mistake, this was thought out.
While I have always hated to think that a mother could kill her own child in that manner, the things that you have just mentioned have also been the two things that have made me suspicious that this was an "inside" job. When JMK was arrested, the ransom note was the one thing that made me disbelieve that he was involved; unless he'd had some prior contact with JR which made him dislike the man so much. The note is very inconsistent and no way would've been written by a legitimate "foreign faction" or any other "real" kidnapper. I also find very suspicious JR finding JonBenet's body in the cellar. As I stated on another thread, it does appear he knew she was down there and since the police hadn't discovered her, he felt he had to "do another search" and lo and behold ~ guess what he finds. And not only finds her, but carries her upstairs (disturbing the crime scene) and into the living room, even though she is obviously dead.

Okay, here's the deal... Patsy is playing a CD of corny ole show tunes and standards while she cobbles together the theatrical and nonsensical ransom note, and bingo - Slow Boat To China comes on just as she nears the end...

Badda bing...

magpie said:
I don't know where the thread is now, but last week a very observant poster pointed out something interesting about the SBTC in the ransom note. I am going to be as brief as possible and maybe the poster will see this and quote thier own post here. I would like to read it again.

The poster points out that the ransom note was signed S.B.T.C without the period (punctuation) after the C.

If someone is going to all the trouble to put a period after each letter then why not put a period after the "C" ???

While reading the Karr/Tracy e-mails I ran across a point where Karr mentions the SBTC and he typed it the same way it is written on the ransom note -- S.B.T.C without the period after the C just as it is in the ransom note.

You can find Karr's reference to SBTC on page 739 of the Tracy e-mails. (Page 5/420 of the PDF file)
i think that karr basically became so obsessed with the case, that he probably practiced writing that ransom note and learned every nuance, etc. about it, just like any jbr follower knows the JonBenet is one word with the B capitalized. most people don't know that. they would write it as Jonbenet or Jon Benet. anyone who follows this or becomes obsessed knows the ins and outs.

Jay78 said:
i must say, ive been thinking all day, if Patsey did indeed write the ransom note, what an amazing coincidence that JMK wrote a phrase with capital letters S-B-T-C. I still have this weird feeling that he may know who the killer is, probably dead wrong. At any rate, i find this connection to be very interesting...

He may indeed know the killer, and that may have something to do with LE's losing his computer, right?

I think the latest is that he'll probably go free. Maybe got paid a lot to go through with that whole theatrical scene? It may even be a clue that the killer is still alive.

Didn't Karr use the acronym when he was graduating from h.s., signing some classmate's yearbook? Is my memory wrong about that?

I know, he reportedly also wrote maybe I shall be the conqueror or something like that.

Their losing the supposed evidence, his computer, sounds like he has some kind of connections, doesn't it?

Because the SBTC comes at the end of the ransom note I think of it in that context, an ending, Saved By The Cross would make sense for Patsy to finish off that letter with.

Just like the end of the 911 call, sure the call itself was an act but she ended it with her true feelings "Help me Jesus Help me Jesus Help me Jesus"

Jubie

Jay78 said:
i must say, ive been thinking all day, if Patsey did indeed write the ransom note, what an amazing coincidence that JMK wrote a phrase with capital letters S-B-T-C. I still have this weird feeling that he may know who the killer is, probably dead wrong. At any rate, i find this connection to be very interesting...
Oh, I'm convinced that John Mark Karr knows who the killer is. He corresponded with her, knew her handwriting inside out, and became so obsessed with both the killer and the victim that he fantasized himself both into the role of the perp and the victim. Therefore he 'was with JonBenet' when she died, and I bet if asked, he would also answer that he 'was with Patsy' when she killed JB.

magpie said:
I don't know where the thread is now, but last week a very observant poster pointed out something interesting about the SBTC in the ransom note. I am going to be as brief as possible and maybe the poster will see this and quote thier own post here. I would like to read it again.

The poster points out that the ransom note was signed S.B.T.C without the period (punctuation) after the C.

If someone is going to all the trouble to put a period after each letter then why not put a period after the "C" ???

While reading the Karr/Tracy e-mails I ran across a point where Karr mentions the SBTC and he typed it the same way it is written on the ransom note -- S.B.T.C without the period after the C just as it is in the ransom note.

You can find Karr's reference to SBTC on page 739 of the Tracy e-mails. (Page 5/420 of the PDF file)

I remember reading another analysis (where?) that stated that there is in fact a period after the C but that it's obscure or obfuscated for some reason.

Paladin said:
I read somewhere that PR had a habit of turning phrases into acronyms. I'm sorry I don't remember the source, but could this be one of those times?

That's in the Thomas book.

Personally I think too much has been made of SBTC. You can find thousands of strings that begin with those letters. There are all sorts of patterns you can discover in the letters. Here's one: take an S and a B. Move one letter forward. What do you get? T and C. What's it mean? Nothing. It's pure coincidence.

The point of the letter was to distract, to confuse, and if you try to solve SBTC by finding its referent then the writer wins -- you're distracted and confused.

On the other hand, the fact that the writer used an acronym at all is more revealing because there is less likelihood that this (ie using an acronym) was an intent to deceive. The "referent" of the acronym is a lie but the fact of the acronym is truth, a window onto the writer's way of thinking and speaking... And then when you know that Patsy tended to use lots of acronyms, you know who the writer was.

I still believe the S.B.T.C came from a plaque John had in his office, from when he attended the Subic
Bay Training Camp. Most likely PR saw this many times. Maybe she thought the investigation would turn towards someone who attended S.B.T.C. when JR was there, or maybe John helped her with that ridiculous note.

There's an alternate explanation on ACandyRose website. John was into Star Trek. S.B.T.C. could also be: Star Base Technical Command.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back