Finding Jacob Wetterling - The 27-Year Investigation From Kidnapping to Conclusion

I miss everyone too. Well, except for Sas and Human. Both were staunch supporters of the incorrect narrative that DR had anything to do with the case. They were fools.

Should we start a new thread to discuss Patty Wetterling’s book?
That would probably be appropriate. I’m looking forward to reading it as well. It won’t focus so much on the investigation I don’t believe. In fact, I read an interview today that stated they were worried the 20/20 program was going to be aimed at the true crime crowd because that’s not the genre they want the book to be considered.

Last edited:
I miss everyone too. Well, except for Sas and Human. Both were staunch supporters of the incorrect narrative that DR had anything to do with the case. They were fools.
I’m not sure Sas was I into DR? I do recall SelTel who later morphed into Mossad…. He was the highly intellectual one who met with and convinced Joy Baker that Duane Hart was the kidnapper right up until the end. Once the files were released it was proven that Stearns swallowed the bait and were going to see Hart at the institution at Moose Lake, MN. They read him his rights and offered him immunity for the Paynesville incidents. Meanwhile, Shane Ball, the FBI agent who I was communicating with and who ultimately arrested Heinrich, was going to visit Hart as a witness instead.

Last edited:
Is anyone watching the ABC 20/20 episode on Jacob Wetterling’s case titled Snatched which is airing right now?
Hi, I have not watched the show, but I will. I am sooo angry about Law Enforcement not solving this case. I am grateful to everyone who helped solve a and to find Jacob's body. There really needs to be accountability and consequences for Jacob's case.

Here is a detailed timeline of the Wetterling case, including the lead up to Jacob's abuction with the Paynesville cases, Jared's abduction, and the subsequent investigation. Contrary to what we we've been lead to believe, the Paynesville cases were on Law Enforcement's radar and Danny Heinrich was a suspect in those cases prior to Jared's kidnapping.

Attachments

• The Wetterling Investigation – A Comprehensive Timeline.pdf
    185.6 KB · Views: 14
I'm losing all hope of the documentary ever seeing the light of day. Work started on it when Jacob's remains were found, and here we are seven years later.

Here is a detailed timeline of the Wetterling case, including the lead up to Jacob's abuction with the Paynesville cases, Jared's abduction, and the subsequent investigation. Contrary to what we we've been lead to believe, the Paynesville cases were on Law Enforcement's radar and Danny Heinrich was a suspect in those cases prior to Jared's kidnapping.
I believe a man who wrote a book about this but was denied any recognition was actually the one who found Heinrich, not Joy. Do you know the name of the book?

Should we start a new thread to discuss Patty Wetterling’s book?
I bought and started reading her book yesterday night. I have to tell you, I knew the story well from having followed it for years and years here and in the media. But it STILL gave me nightmares last night. I simply cannot imagine the terror that the boys felt when they were confronted by DH and his gun! The way Patty describes the scene at the house and how crowded it was and how she never felt more alone - my heart goes directly out to her and her family, and to AL and his family!! I simply cannot fathom their experiences! I think about TW and AL often, and I wonder how they feel about this book having been released?

The details are very disturbing. I don’t think the book will go much beyond what was described in the 20/20 program as far as that goes. In Heinrich’s courtroom confession he says the gun just clicked at first, then it went as Patty described in the program.

Ironically, on the very date that law enforcement found Jacob’s remains I had emailed information that Heinrich had often partied at a location north of Paynesville by the Crow River and R/R. I suggested it may be a place DH would have buried Jacob. It turns out that is exactly where he buried Jacob the night he killed him. About a year later (The FBI profiler, who happened to be John Douglas, very likely warned LE that the suspected perp should be tailed near the anniversary) DH returned to the grave and RE buried Jacob. I have been to both sites and it was a very emotional experience to say the least.
I can't even imagine what goes through a perp's mind when he feels compelled to dig up the remains he left somewhere and move them elsewhere!

I believe a man who wrote a book about this but was denied any recognition was actually the one who found Heinrich, not Joy. Do you know the name of the book?
Thank you, but I didn’t solve the case either. In my next book I’ll share more of the real story about Joy Baker. When I met her at the library in St. Cloud in November 2013 to share more information I had, she said she wanted to write a book about the case. “But I have to have Patty for that,” she said to me. Well, she did that!

Last edited:
Thank you, but I didn’t solve the case either. In my next book I’ll share more of the real story about Joy Baker. When I met her at the library in St. Cloud in November 2013 to share more information I had, she said she wanted to write a book about the case. “But I have to have Patty for that,” she said to me. Well, she did that!
Where can I find your books?!

Thank you very much! I do miss the the peeps and the time I spent debating things on Websleuths. This is where I cut my teeth in true crime. I learned to take in different perspectives which really helped develop my analytical senses, or something like that. I went on to focus on much lower profile cases because I felt they were underserved and should have more attention. Most do not have pages on here so I am not posting nearly as often.

Again, I appreciate your kind words!!
Hello @ELOCsoul. Hope you are well. Too many footprints and too little time. :)

It's been a LONG time since I've been back to this forum. I'm almost finished with Patty's book and I recall all the discussions we used to have here regarding Jacob's case.

@ELOCsoul I've thought of you often while reading the book, because I recall your research from the years here on WS well before Joy's blog. I hope you get the credit you deserve.

Last edited:
It's been a LONG time since I've been back to this forum. I'm almost finished with Patty's book and I recall all the discussions we used to have here regarding Jacob's case.

@ELOCsoul I've thought of you often while reading the book, because I recall your research from the years here on WS well before Joy's blog. I hope you get the credit you deserve.
How did you like Patty’s book? I thought it was very well written. Spoiler alert! I cringed at times when Patty acknowledged being in denial that Danny Heinrich was involved, right up to the point of his courtroom confession. Yet, it explained some things that happened over the years. I also cringed a couple times about her giving Joy props for certain things.

Thank you. It was actually a couple members of Websleuths who first talked about the Paynesville incidents. Joy was blogging at the same time we were discussing the case on here. It’s interesting that she praised Websleuths members at the time because she was following along here very closely.

At the end of the day, the Paynesville incidents were always known to law enforcement and added zero evidence to Jacob’s case, so I find the anointing of that “discovery” by Joy as solving the case to be annoying and illogical. Law enforcement had said in multiple instances including the recent 20/20 show and the Morgan Nick documentary they solved the case using only old information in their files.

How did you like Patty’s book? I thought it was very well written. Spoiler alert! I cringed at times when Patty acknowledged being in denial that Danny Heinrich was involved, right up to the point of his courtroom confession. Yet, it explained some things that happened over the years. I also cringed a couple times about her giving Joy props for certain things.

Thank you. It was actually a couple members of Websleuths who first talked about the Paynesville incidents. Joy was blogging at the same time we were discussing the case on here. It’s interesting that she praised Websleuths members at the time because she was following along here very closely.

At the end of the day, the Paynesville incidents were always known to law enforcement and added zero evidence to Jacob’s case, so I find the anointing of that “discovery” by Joy as solving the case to be annoying and illogical. Law enforcement had said in multiple instances including the recent 20/20 show and the Morgan Nick documentary they solved the case using only old information in their files.

Denial is extremely comforting. I'll leave it at that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back