First dorms were coed, now rooms are, too

We had co ed buildings where every other floor was female or male. However, 24 hours a day, there were guys in the bathrooms. I'm willing to bet they were in the bedrooms as well.

I moved out of the dorms and into my apartment. I tried a female roommate and wanted to kill her. After that, I got two male roommates and there was never a problem. I've ONLY had male roommates ever since. Even after college, after my divorce and if I ever need another one it will be a guy.

They take out the trash and bury dead pets when you don't have a boyfriend to do it. Guys help out when you aren't dating them.

This is exactly why I met my DH! He only had female roommates b/c they would "cook and clean and pay their bills on time."

I lived in a co-ed dorm (by floors) when I was in college back in the late
1970's. Guys and girls still shared rooms though....:crazy: It was a great experience for me.

With all the stalkings, date rapes, and boozing that goes on at many campuses I wouldn't have wanted my daughters living in anything coed. If they had really good guy friends after a year or two, then they could all rent a house or apartment and watch out for each other.

If my daughter ended up in a co-ed room, I wouldn't worry about the morality of it, I would just wonder: "What is the point?" Of course she wouldn't want to anyway. She looks forward to the girlfriend relationships of "roomies" in college, but she sees that I'm still close to some of mine, I suppose.

Eve

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean