FL - 17 killed in Stoneman Douglas H.S. shooting, Parkland, 14 Feb 2018 #1 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
- - -
[/FONT]https://coed.com/2018/02/14/nichola...-photos-full-story-must-see-details-parkland/
[FONT=&quot]according to this one, he was arrested on 47th NW Drive[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

- - -

[/FONT][/QUOTE]

That's just 3 minutes from the former family home at NW 80th Ter. It was in the name of his parents' estate, and was sold for $575k in 2017. In addition to his already-disturbing behavior prior, seems like there were other major events recently. Wondering how much those would influence rampage...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our schools down here are open designs.
By that I mean the outside looks like it’s a solid typical 4 wall building. Once inside it’s all outdoor hallways open lanias and multiple buildings with courtyards.
My daughters has a wall but there are open slots in the wall next to the door. The other side of the door a courtyard then admin buildings. You cannot slide in but you could get an arm in it to throw something.

I’m not sure what entryway this happened at. I have been at this school every year for four years, they host a major, major band competition for us.

Have you heard anything ???

These are the buildings he was arrested by

• Price: $278,888
  • HOA FEE: $217/month
https://www.coldwellbankerhomes.com/fl/coral-springs/11625-nw-47th-dr/pid_22723822/

The childs history imo is a huge part of understanding why today happened

it is part of the story

they wrote a letter MSNBC shared their sorrow and asked for some space to cope themselves

I’m not understanding the significance of the building you posted, can you succinctly explain?

Also, who is “they” that wrote a letter to MSNBC?

Succinct answers please my dear cariis. I am exhausted tonight and my brain isn’t sharp at the moment [emoji846]

everyone who mentioned guns is getting a time out.
If this person wad mentally stable would he have done this? NO. TAKE THE GUNS OUT OF THE TOPIC AND DISCUSS HOW WE STOP CREATING THESE KIDS WHO KILLS !!!!!!

NO GUN TALK

Thank you.

I'm a bit interested in what activities the shooter was up to prior to his going ballistic. Any way we can stop the next tragedy like this ?
:(

It sounds like there were some warning signs from other students about NC.
:moo:

Stoneman grad talks about shooter’s time in JROTC and what she knew about him:

[video]http://www.tcpalm.com/videos/news/crime/2018/02/14/florida-school-shooting-stoneman-high-grad-shooter-nikolas-cruz/110429670/[/video]

The victims are/were laying dead, 17 of them.

Respectfully, the family has been victimized, too. As have been the wounded. And all of their families. And all the other students and staff at this school. And the first responders, bless them. As has the entire community.

IIRC, LE has stated that, as far as they know right now, one male of adult age, and he alone, perpetrated this violence.

I just want to clarify that school districts across the country are constantly doing things to increase safety. I work for a glass company and we have contracts with all of the school districts in our county, as well as with a large state university. The most recent focus is security film on the glass windows and doors. You can require IDs and passcodes all you want, but it’s more effective to do things to protect the school in case someone gets in the building, which can happen. The safety film is bullet resistant (not bullet proof- nothing is bullet proof) and practical.

It’s becoming very common in my area. To the posters who are saying schools aren’t doing enough, I recommend voting on passing the school budgets. People want safety and security, but many don’t want to go to the hip to fund it.

This post has nothing to do with guns or weapons. Safety film also helps protects against unarmed intruders, vandalism, hurricanes, blasts, etc. Just to be clear.

Vote for your school budgets.

Quoting myself, lame I know but I don’t think I can edit previous post.

Anyone who would like to present safety film to their school district, I have a letter that you can send to them if you can’t find the words. It’s short and to the point, but it’s a start in introducing it to your district.

I am not promoting any products or services. Ironically enough, my stepkids school district is one of the couple my job doesn’t service in our county. I plan on sending the letter to the district tomorrow. I know I should have done so sooner, but better late than never.

I’m not understanding the significance of the building you posted, can you succinctly explain?

Also, who is “they” that wrote a letter to MSNBC?

Succinct answers please my dear cariis. I am exhausted tonight and my brain isn’t sharp at the moment [emoji846]

These buildings were in the shot where he was being taken into custody .

Sadly money matters -- in terms of getting help

The parents released a letter about what their child did . Apology asking for space it was nicely written . MSNBC had it

JMO>>>

Has anyone heard anything about the reason for the hospital visit?

Affluence ( and access to treatment ) is IMO gonna add to the severity of his problems

I would assume he had a treatment history.

Maybe the alternate placement was private? I dont know why we have not heard where that was ?

he was in their shooting for over an hour MSNBC

I respectfully disagree!!

Someone with issues are not seeking tv coverage ( like this child) some are of course

it is just like the notion about more police at schools metal detectors are not going to stop someone who has been fantasizing about killing peers for a long time

who lack impulse control

have been bullied

I just like the backpack idea cause it would be easier to stop before it starts -- maybe

a lot of these are the machine gun ones I think they are hard to put in your pocket

mental illness also has a genetic component

one student did call LE this morning --

What's the backpack idea?

According to ABC news, Nikolas Cruz was adopted, and both adoptive parents are dead (prior to, and not in conjunction with, this tragedy). http://abcnews.go.com/amp/US/florida-school-shooting-suspect/story?id=53092753

"A family member of the suspect told ABC News that Nikolas was adopted by Roger and Lynda Cruz, both of whom are now deceased. His adopted mother died just last year."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh wow. So much to unpack with that. So he may have had an unknown history and background. And his parents ar dead? So no one to help him.

I just want to clarify that school districts across the country are constantly doing things to increase safety. I work for a glass company and we have contracts with all of the school districts in our county, as well as with a large state university. The most recent focus is security film on the glass windows and doors. You can require IDs and passcodes all you want, but it’s more effective to do things to protect the school in case someone gets in the building, which can happen. The safety film is bullet resistant (not bullet proof- nothing is bullet proof) and practical.

It’s becoming very common in my area. To the posters who are saying schools aren’t doing enough, I recommend voting on passing the school budgets. People want safety and security, but many don’t want to go to the hip to fund it.

This post has nothing to do with guns or weapons. Safety film also helps protects against unarmed intruders, vandalism, hurricanes, blasts, etc. Just to be clear.

Vote for your school budgets.

Good post. Safety is important and there are many things that can be done, but we have to pay for it.

Sadly, with every one of these horrific attacks we learn more about how to try to prevent further incidences.

17 killed in shooting at high school in Parkland, Florida, authorities say
by Elizabeth Chuck, Alex Johnson and Corky Siemaszko

At least 17 people were dead after a 19-year-old former student opened fire at a South Florida high school on Wednesday afternoon, officials said.

The suspect was identified as Nikolas Cruz, a former student who had been expelled from Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland for disciplinary reasons, Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel said. He said at least 14 other people were injured in addition to the 17 people who were killed...

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/police-respond-shooting-parkland-florida-high-school-n848101

17 families destroyed.

These are the buildings he was arrested by

• Price: $278,888
  • HOA FEE: $217/month
https://www.coldwellbankerhomes.com/fl/coral-springs/11625-nw-47th-dr/pid_22723822/

The childs history imo is a huge part of understanding why today happened

it is part of the story

they wrote a letter MSNBC shared their sorrow and asked for some space to cope themselves

Who? The parents?

If this person wad mentally stable would he have done this? NO. TAKE THE GUNS OUT OF THE TOPIC AND DISCUSS HOW WE STOP CREATING THESE KIDS WHO KILLS !!!!!!

NO GUN TALK

Is building safety or trends in school shootings in general off limits? Or how this guy accessed weaponry? I don't want to break the rules but it's a slippery slope and can be confusing!!! I think we just aren't allowed to talk about the overall political debate about certain weapons which just goes in circles?

As CARIIS posted it is very important to find out about the shooter's childhood. Why weren't the shooter's social media posts taken seriously?
If you can find information on this guy's upbringing including his parents please post. You must post in a respectful manner.

Quoting myself, lame I know but I don’t think I can edit previous post.

Anyone who would like to present safety film to their school district, I have a letter that you can send to them if you can’t find the words. It’s short and to the point, but it’s a start in introducing it to your district.

I am not promoting any products or services. Ironically enough, my stepkids school district is one of the couple my job doesn’t service in our county. I plan on sending the letter to the district tomorrow. I know I should have done so sooner, but better late than never.

I'd like the letter!!!

If this person wad mentally stable would he have done this? NO. TAKE THE GUNS OUT OF THE TOPIC AND DISCUSS HOW WE STOP CREATING THESE KIDS WHO KILL !!!!!!

NO GUN TALK

I honestly wish I had some kind of insight on the "why". Something has drastically changed in the last 20 years that just *wasn't* a part of polite society prior. Ever. It has nothing to do with ease of access to weapons of any kind, but has everything to do with an idea that mass murder is some sort of means to an end. Clearly not the reasoning of a mentally stable person.

As CARIIS posted it is very important to find out about the shooter's childhood. Why weren't the shooter's social media posts taken seriously?
If you can find information on this guy's upbringing including his parents please post. You must post in a respectful manner.

I have no idea if he was living with relatives, friends, or alone since the death of his mother last year:

http://abcnews.go.com/amp/US/florida-school-shooting-suspect/story?id=53092753
[FONT=&quot]A family member of the suspect told ABC News that Cruz was adopted as an infant by Roger and Lynda Cruz, both of whom are now deceased. His adopted mother died just last year.

[/FONT]
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/name/lynda-cruz-obituary?pid=187176765&view=guestbook
his adopted mother died last November

These buildings were in the shot where he was being taken into custody .

Sadly money matters -- in terms of getting help

The parents released a letter about what their child did . Apology asking for space it was nicely written . MSNBC had it

JMO>>>

Has anyone heard anything about the reason for the hospital visit?

Affluence ( and access to treatment ) is IMO gonna add to the severity of his problems

I would assume he had a treatment history.

Maybe the alternate placement was private? I dont know why we have not heard where that was ?

Haven’t the adopted parents passed? Respectfully, I don’t consider a $250k home “affluenza”.

You’re quick to ask why we haven’t heard about his placement. But it’s been literally only hours since he’s been identified. It will come out. Students and teachers are speaking on tv.

I think he pulled the fire alarm and that’s how he got inside.

Are there fire alarms outside schools or buildings? Honestly, I’ve never noticed. Seems I read that the perp was seen inside and outside the schoo more than once today. That is a major concern if true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member