FL - 17 killed in Stoneman Douglas H.S. shooting, Parkland, 14 Feb 2018 #1 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't care, if 1 person can't handle the job, have 2/3/4..... They are supposed to be on top off all issues that happen in a school district. To say he had never heard of this guy is as far as i'm concerned a freaking lie. IMO

had been diagnosed with autism.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/broward/parkland/florida-school-shooting/fl-school-shooting-cruz-20180214-story.html

Everyone knows there is nowhere to put these kids

there are waiting lists for special placement

its resources there are none my experiences were from ages ago I hate to think about what it is like now

Nowhere to go...............................it is that straight forward sorry

I worked in special population academic setting first day saw a 14 year old run up and try stab his pregnant teacher with a pencil you cant have kids sitting on each other in class

class sizes in that kind of setting need to be small -- stimulation issues safety issues transport limits

he stayed there is nowhere else to put them and he was already in where placement was at

there are limits in juvenile jail you cant put kids on top of each other in bed

adult services are just as pitiful -- a invol hold now days is 24 hours if one is lucky and is dependant on how bad someone is hallucinating in a an admit office

if beds are full ( always) you cant put adults on top of each other in bed either same thing nurse to pt ration therapist to case loads feeding limits

there are no beds . chairs staff therapists maintenance paper pushers etc etc

were looking at him as a 19 year old --ignoring the past

getting kicked out is rejection to a child

needing special placement is shaming to a child

having to take meds is embarrassing to kids

always getting into trouble in school and home translates to being "bad"

angry parents feel like unloved

it is very complicated stuff -- remember all this started for him when he was young

there kids life builds up on them

they feel hopeless

when kids the stuff we as adults know is an effort to help to a child it is being abnormal bad -- shame guilt resentment humiliation feeling stupid peers reject and are cruel to another KID -- there kids - they absorb this stuff differently he was 10 11 12 13 14 15 etc \

we gotta remember this imo

jmo

I think this should not be posted. The mother has absolutely nothing to do with this. And it is so heartbreaking to see her holding him, she looks so happy in that picture, she had no knowledge to what was to come to today. She adopted a baby, bless her for that.

Tricia said we were allowed to post about his parents to find out what his upbringing was like. No offense meant.

Looking at Nikolas Cruz, he showed numerous red flags. I saw his Instagram where he killed a toad for revenge for harming his dog. Very possibly Cruz is an injustice collector.

Many rampage killers are injustice collectors like Stephen Paddock, Devin Kelley, Omar Mateen, Seung-Hui Cho, Adam Lanza, Eric Harris, and Elliot Rodger. They all had red flags.

Many injustice collectors are driven by envy and revenge. They come hand in hand. They are really determined to get revenge.

On Wound Collectors
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/spycatcher/201509/wound-collectors

Murderous Envy
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/keeping-kids-safe/200905/murderous-envy

It is too early to say if Nikolas Cruz is pathologically envious. Envy is a common characteristic of injustice collectors. I have not heard anything about Cruz being envious. I would not be surprised one bit if he is consumed by envy.

The Dangerous Injustice Collector: Behaviors of Someone Who Never Forgets, Never Forgives, Never Lets Go, and Strikes Back!
http://online.liebertpub.com/doi/pdf/10.1089/vio.2014.1509

Identifying The Next Mass Murderer—Before It’s Too Late
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blo...ntifying-the-next-mass-murderer-it-s-too-late

Psychology of Terrorism - National Criminal Justice Reference Service
https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/nij/grants/208552.PDF

Terrorists are injustice collectors. It is not the sole reason, but a major factor.

Revisiting Adam Lanza: The Official Sandy Hook Report
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blo...ing-adam-lanza-the-official-sandy-hook-report

Lanza is consumed by pathological envy.

Elliot Rodger-My Twisted World
http://abclocal.go.com/three/kabc/kabc/My-Twisted-World.pdf

Envy is a major theme in Rodger's manifesto.

Seung Hui Cho’s Manifesto
https://schoolshooters.info/sites/default/files/cho_manifesto_1.1.pdf

Like Rodger and Lanza, envy consumes Cho.

Websleuth Radio Interview Tina Meier
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/websleuths/2013/09/30/tricias-true-crime-radio-adult-cyber-bullying

It starts at the 20:40 mark from September 2013 Websleuths Radio Interview. Tina Meier, Megan Meier's mother. She is describing Lori Drew as a very talkative person who complained nonstop. She is described as a very unhappy and bitter person in a unhappy marriage. Drew wanted everyone to know her plight and suffering in life. Meier's description of Drew is typical of an injustice collector. From what I have read and seen his social media post, he is very negative, like Drew.

Meier's description of Drew is similar to Jodi Arias, Yoselyn Ortega, Howell Donaldson, Stephen Paddock, Devin Kelley, Omar Mateen, Seung-Hui Cho, Adam Lanza, Eric Harris, Elliot Rodger, and Osama bin Laden. Her description of Drew does describe Nikolas Cruz. People avoided Cruz, like people did with Drew. They are seen as very off putting for different reasons.

Cruz already owned the gun when he moved in with his friend’s family in northwest Broward around Thanksgiving, Lewis said.
“It was his gun,” Lewis said. “The family made him keep it in a locked gun cabinet in the house but he had a key.”
The family did not see him shooting the AR-15 but did see him shooting pellet guns,

Family member ....Island, N.Y., said she heard media reports about the mass shooting in Florida but had no idea the suspect was the son of her recently deceased sister-in-law,

she met the boys only once, when they were very young and attended a family funeral in New York. Lynda was a stay-at-home mom and her late husband, who died when the boys were younger, had worked in advertising.

The boys were left in the care of a family friend after their adoptive mom died Nov. 1, she said.
“I know she had been having some issues with them, especially the older one. He was being a problem. I know he did have some issues and he may have been taking medication. [He] did have some kind of emotional or difficulties

Lynda, who died of pneumonia, adopted Nikolas the day he was born.
Nikolas’ father died from a heart attack,

He wore a hoodie and always had his head down,” she said. “He looked depressed.”

Nikolas had caused trouble, such as biting a child and stealing neighbors’ mail. One time, he threw eggs at Richie’s car while he was driving.

olice were called out numerous times,

seen shooting at a neighbor’s chickens.

bang his head against a cement wall. (severe autism symptom ) sometimes they need to wear football helmets at all times

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/b...g/fl-school-shooting-cruz-20180214-story.html

Tricia said we were allowed to post about his parents to find out what his upbringing was like. No offense meant.

If they were alive, I would fully understand that. But they are deceased, let these poor people rest in peace. I just look at the picture of his mother holding him as a baby and the joy and happiness on her face, is heartbreaking to what happened today.

And posting a picture of a mother with her son who is maybe one year old does not really shed any light what his up bringing was like.

If there’s a person dedicated to causing mass harm, there’s not much anyone can do to stop it, said the sheriff during the presser.

The most they can do is minimize harm and death.

I guess that's it. Horrible.

Philip Mudd is speaking again on CNN right now. He’s the one who broke down earlier and had to cut short his segment, which was mentioned and linked to upthread

Man. That was moving.

You know what they should do imo

they should let one class for every student be just an hour for them to TALK about their experiences

talking with others who have been through the same tragedy together do have connections that noone else can

IMO ptsd is best in group modality

its like the same thing with debriefing for LE they were there together

same thing

gives others permission to weep or get angry

deal with survivors guilt issues

let them substitute it for an elective or skip PE or whatever

IT DRIVES ME BONKERS s

Sen Chris Murphy thing tonight

do you guys know he is talking to absolutely noone

he is talking to chairs

oh my god they edited in the first 5 seconds

that is not from tonight notice noone is looking at him wow that is really BS

that is like a break or when one is over and they are doing paperwork

can you imagine any private sector entity paying someone to talk to a bunch of chairs?

it is flat out stupid imo

I am somewhat used to people talking to chairs -- elected officials not really all that fond of that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--lzHcKRplg

Sounds like mom tried to give the boys away after dad died

You know what they should do imo

they should let one class for every student be just an hour for them to TALK about their experiences

talking with others who have been through the same tragedy together do have connections that noone else can

IMO ptsd is best in group modality

its like the same thing with debriefing for LE they were there together

same thing

gives others permission to weep or get angry

deal with survivors guilt issues

let them substitute it for an elective or skip PE or whatever

Grief counseling available for those affected by school shooting

https://www.local10.com/news/parkla...ailable-for-those-affected-by-school-shooting

Broward County Schools urges anyone, especially students and families, to speak with counselors beginning at 8 a.m. Thursday at one of the following locations:

Pines Trails Park Recreation Center and Amphitheater
10555 Trails End
Parkland, FL 33076

Coral Springs Gymnasium
2501 Coral Springs Drive
Coral Springs, FL 33065

Coral Springs Center for Performing Arts
2855 Coral Springs Drive
Coral Springs, FL 33065

Staff members who work at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School are asked to attend counseling at:

Parkland Library
6620 N. University Drive
Parkland, FL 33067

Grief counseling available for those affected by school shooting

https://www.local10.com/news/parkla...ailable-for-those-affected-by-school-shooting

Broward County Schools urges anyone, especially students and families, to speak with counselors beginning at 8 a.m. Thursday at one of the following locations:

Pines Trails Park Recreation Center and Amphitheater
10555 Trails End
Parkland, FL 33076

Coral Springs Gymnasium
2501 Coral Springs Drive
Coral Springs, FL 33065

Coral Springs Center for Performing Arts
2855 Coral Springs Drive
Coral Springs, FL 33065

Staff members who work at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School are asked to attend counseling at:

Parkland Library
6620 N. University Drive
Parkland, FL 33067

I am not sure but i don't really think after any of these it is long term intervention

I would like to know how long they stay

Torture is not enough for this SOB

Oh, yall. I wish we did not have to have this thread here today. I have so much to say, and yet, no words seem right.

I will just say that I honestly think I know the key. To get back to truly teaching and living through love, respect, non-judgment, and kindness. When in doubt- choose kindness! It can all be summed up in one phrase- DO NO HARM! That's it. But the problem is that as I read facebook comments, I realize those in charge of teaching and setting examples (adults/ parents) are the worst of all. Until adults get back to treating people with respect, our children will be lost.

Yes, mental health has a place, too. I worked in the trenches of mental health for a long time. But the bigger issue in society is lack of respect for other humans.

Today is one of those days that I am overly glad I homeschool my chikd. It is really easy for people to judge my situation (see... there it is again... being judged rather than being met with kindness). But, as my child was home today, putting together a Star Wars lego kit and making a homemade heart pizza, I cried for the parents and the students who were running out that building, with too many left behind who did not make it. Watching them run down the street with their hands up brought tears to my eyes. Something they have clearly practiced, when all that should be practiced in school is for the play they are having. My son went to school for a while and he told me they had to hide in the bathroom with the lights off and be silent, even while people would bang on the door. He said his teachers would quietly song in the dark. He was 3. I couldn't believe what my baby was training for. It is just terrifying.

Today and for as long as you can- remember to respond to others with kindness and love. We have to turn this world around. Laws and detectors and doctors can all be there. But we all play a part in the mental health of our people. We really do.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Did I just see that only 12 of the 17 dead have been identified?

So, it seems "everyone" knew he would do this - or something like this. IDGAF why he did it. I just want to know why NO ONE was paying attention to him or his SM or his threats. And WHY did he have access to a weapon that allowed him to murder 17 kids today? 17 kids. There are, at least, 17 families that sent their kids off to school today and, at least, 17 kids who will never come home.

I don't want to see any excuses. I want to see some ACTION. Some real dialog about what the hell is wrong with these malcontents and the pathetic lack of mental health care and gun control in this country.

We are failing. In so many ways. THINK about how you would be feeling, tonight, if you sent your own child off to school today and they were slaughtered like this. After you laid your child to rest, WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

Very thorough article as I catch up, thanks for posting, Elley Mae.

Eta:
This is worth bringing forward imo, even if already posted:

"Israel told the public, “If you see something, say something. If anybody has any indicator that someone’s going through a behavioral change, or on their social media that there are disturbing photos, perhaps bombs or firearms or just videos or pictures that are just not right, that there’s something off, please make sure law enforcement knows about it.”"

I only remember one other one it was a collage and it was staff who pulled the fire alarm and was hailed as a hero

I thought that was the stupidest idea I had heard of -- you get everyone hiding and you bring everyone out in public

there are gonna be copy cats wondering if they should just kill the fire alarms sounds stupid i know

but this technique is gonna go wild I fear

third biggest school shooting in history so now we are what FL number 2 and 3 ??

people can smell smoke and yell or something

when is the last time we heard of schools on fire ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
myauris11