FL - 17 killed in Stoneman Douglas H.S. shooting, Parkland, 14 Feb 2018 #1 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can't imprison people for no reason. And tons of people who belong in prison are roaming among us! The trial for Cherish Perrywinkle that ended today showed that! And you can't lock everyone up in a mental institution - lots of people were released into the community that genuinely should have been locked up. So, the disconnect comes between red flags but not knowing what to do. Medication does not treat someone who has been torturing animals since young. Like someone earlier said, you can see something and say something, but the person returns in a couple of days. There is no real action for anyone to take on a long term basis. Until something horrible happens. It's the same reason bullying continues. If you haven't watched the PBS documentary called Bully, do it. It is soooooo eye opening. The schools do not know what to do.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I don’t understand how he got out of the school and all the way home undetected. That is just bizarre.

All of those students coming out of the school were rounded up, bags taken and I am sure interviewed to some extent.

That scares me. How do they know she's not a threat?
When I went to school even joking would have gotten you expelled and arrested by a cop. Why aren't they taking these red flags more serious? Lack of training perhaps?

It's scary and always easy to know what to do in retrospect. I mean there are so many troubled kids who say alarming things. What can we do? What can be done?

One of my brothers is a teacher at a private Catholic school. Last year he told me about a student (8th grader), who is super smart, on the autism spectrum, socially awkward.

He seems to hate women. His mother is a terrible shrew. He retaliates against people and groups for things. For example, he was angry at the class for something so he blew his part in a musical performance, thereby ruining it for everyone. Purposefully.

He is incredibly cutting and calmly tears apart the principal (a woman) or female teachers with biting and very astute observations about any weakness or error of theirs. He can't abide stupidity. He has no friends.

There have been many meetings about him. The staff think he's a risk of something like this. No one knows if he has access to guns. No one knew what to do. He's in high school now.

Unfortunately that is usually how mass murderers start out - with animals then work their way up to people.

I fully agree with CARIIS about the backpacks 100%; there is no need for those, that is what lockers are for:

Schools and lockers no longer right combination for students

Even I never had a backpack in school, none of the students I went to high school with had backpacks either and this was in 1981 to 1985. And I attended a private high school that was rigorous in academics.

http://www.jacksonville.com/news/na...-lockers-no-longer-right-combination-students

As tragic as this incident is, there is no one factor but rather combination of factors, much of which has to do with the breakdown of societal standards, the family unit, lack of motivation to learn and achieve, next to no interest in academics, probably more that I cannot think off the top of my head at the moment.

My condolences to the victims and their families.

I mean I agree it's a combination and complex but I kindness of think metal health issues play a much larger part than lack of motivation?

CNN is refusing to say the suspect’s name or show his picture, per CNN policy, Anderson Cooper just said. (Live TV, so no story link is available.)

Yay! This shows it can be done.

Oh yeah that home was so much safer for those children! My stars what an apt point.

Ugh.

That had to have been sarcastic, right? Holy smokes.

I am not trying to be rude, but I am having a very hard time following what you are posting. Who is Rachel? Where is this information coming from about behaviors, etc?

That's our CARIIS. His own, poetic, esoteric style. We love him!

It looks to me like he was wearing a shirt with the school logo on it when arrested. The look on his face is like there is nobody there. How does one get in that state. I do not believe it is a naturally occurring human phenomenon. Something in society is messing these kids up.
I am surprised he didn’t do himself in.

It's scary and always easy to know what to do in retrospect. I mean there are so many troubled kids who say alarming things. What can we do? What can be done?

One of my brothers is a teacher at a private Catholic school. Last year he told me about a student (8th grader), who is super smart, on the autism spectrum, socially awkward.

He seems to hate women. His mother is a terrible shrew. He retaliates against people and groups for things. For example, he was angry at the class for something so he blew his part in a musical performance, thereby ruining it for everyone. Purposefully.

He is incredibly cutting and calmly tears apart the principal (a woman) or female teachers with biting and very astute observations about any weakness or error of theirs. He can't abide stupidity. He has no friends.

There have been many meetings about him. The staff think he's a risk of something like this. No one knows if he has access to guns. No one knew what to do. He's in high school now.

I am telling you after several years (know your limits ) I quit seeing them .

I was just too scared -- with schzophrenics
generally you have cues that they are escalating but severe autistic spectrum is
a volcano and can be very violent

imo

was this the loudest one for you guys

Pulse noise just freaked me but this was worse

Coach Hix shot and killed, I knew him well. My little girlfriend who stayed with me growing up so many times was shot and I don’t know anything. I don’t think it’s good. You imagine the worst. I’m up looking in all the news reports.

I don’t understand how he got out of the school and all the way home undetected. That is just bizarre.

All of those students coming out of the school were rounded up, bags taken and I am sure interviewed to some extent.

HI Cool

remain confused as to if he was home. Thought that for quite a while but then there was a video of cops at his house and it was not that area it was only like the background fenced in area and it was dark but it was not at that same place

in the arrest video the place right next to him was modern -- this looked far more rustic so I dont know what the heck is going on

then they said it was close to the scene he is 19 - did he have a car -- but more we know probably not considering the past is emerging

and this far out it is somewhat bizarre that this angle has not been fleshed out -- was he just caught or did he go to that location for a specific reason

anyone know this ??

but then I say he was living some distance from the school so he would have to drive

no clarity here !!

The Pulse shooter was also reported, investigated and case closed.

Yeah. And the Santa Barbara Isla Vista creep. And the Aurora Colorado murderer.

[FONT=&amp]Faith Abubéy‏Verified account @ReporterFaith 23m23 minutes ago
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Metro-Atlanta family asking for prayers tonight after their daughter suffered multiple gunshot wounds in the #parkland school shooting in #Florida today. She went into her second surgery earlier. More tonight on #TheLateFeed @11AliveNews

[/FONT]

cache.php

Oh I'm praying for this kid tonight. Let us snatch at least one back from the jaws of death!

I know that my opinion will not be a popular one, but I think that taking God out of our schools, country, and lives has a lot to do with it. Also, we, as a country have embraced the victim mentality instead of personal responsibility ( both the responsibility of the parents and the children). I grew up in the 60's and 70's and I went to school with the same 90 kids from K-12. There were some crazy guys, one who lived across the street from me. He had ADHD, for sure, but no accommodations or excuses were made for him. He was expected to do well in school and expected to behave, neither of which he did very well. BUT there were consequences for his actions and for his poor school work. He is highly successful today, and he will tell you that it was that little bit of fear of God, his father, teachers, and law enforcement that kept him from going too far. He had access to guns and was a druggie and broke into homes for a while. He was picked on in school, but often times that was because he picked on a girl (me) and another random guy would step in and punch him. I actually got called to the principal's office one time because he was punching me which led to him being punched several times. He tried to tell the principal that I caused him to be beat up. Principal wasn't having any of that nonsense. He never bothered me again.
I don't know that personal responsibility and accountability is the complete answer, ( as I said, I believe we need God), but it sure cannot hurt. No one is ever happy when they think they are a victim and wronged somehow. That line of thinking brings anger and rage with it.

JMO

Well, I kind of think mental illness, our health care system, mental health treatment or the lack thereof, the anonymity and relentlessness of the internet is more likely to blame.

I mean the most secular nations on earth have vastly lower rates of mass murders. And I mean comparatively less. We are the only nation where this happens and we are a much more religious nation than many of the nations that compare to us but don't have this unique and horrific problem.

Coach Hix shot and killed, I knew him well. My little girlfriend who stayed with me growing up so many times was shot and I don’t know anything. I don’t think it’s good. You imagine the worst. I’m up looking in all the news reports.

sending thoughts your way

I just read an article that said he was wearing his rotc shirt. And it shows his face clearly, which I had not seen yet. I will find the link.

An article also said he started running out with other students, trying to blend in, but they knew who he was.

https://heavy.com/news/2018/02/nikolas-cruz-youtube-comment-ben-bondsman-fbi/

That article up there is the one that says he was trying to blend in while leaving. It also talks about a youtuber who went to pretty good lengths to report him saying he was going to be a school shooter back in September. The fbi even visited him.

Also some reports that he ran out with the other kids but has not been consistent

Oh no! Are these the folks you were talking about before? I'm so sorry. So horrible.

generally you have cues that they are escalating but severe autistic spectrum is

imo

Oh man. It was horrifying. Way too real.

It looks to me like he was wearing a shirt with the school logo on it when arrested. The look on his face is like there is nobody there. How does one get in that state. I do not believe it is a naturally occurring human phenomenon. Something in society is messing these kids up.
I am surprised he didn’t do himself in.
I was very surprised to see them arresting him! I thought for sure he would kill himself in the end. He was falling over, like he was on a whole lot of something, though. I was not surprised when they took him back out to put him in the ambulance. Real or faking it, he could barely hold his head up before they put him in the car.

imo

You were like me. Most people will be trying to get away from someone who has Schizophrenia and is very obviously not on their meds. But, it makes me feel right at home. I am totally comfortable and loved that part of my job :)

They do this more and more say nothing about the injured there are 14 I would like to know what that means

number of detentions and for what will be telling

have not heard about FB page -- which fits the social isolation where it seems that instagram is less personalized

Why are you posting pictures of this innocent mother, who is now deceased? She did not know what he was going to do today. She is an innocent victim. Let her rest in peace,

It confirms to me that he was adopted as an infant so however he turned out is down to whatever happened after his adoption, not before. Children from abusive backgrounds who are taken into care and adopted at 4 or 5 years old often come with a lot of baggage that can't be undone however loving the new home is. Either this man was born bad or he became bad after his adoption.

Something in society is messing these kids up.

I suggest it could be something to do with the way that society keeps young people, especially boys, in a state of extended, even perpetual, childhood. They no longer grow up but remain emotionally toddlers and young children even when legally they're adults. Then we let them buy guns and express surprise when they throw a toddler tantrum.

I'm not convinced that the drive to keep more young people, especially lower potential ones, in school for longer does many of them any favours. Before WWII children in the UK normally left school at 14; after the war the minimum school leaving age was raised to 15, in the early 1970s to 16 and today it's 18. Until very recently staying on beyond the minimum leaving age has been a function of socio-economic position and academic ability. Today we are forcing young people to remain for years longer in an environment which is not suitable for them when they could be out in the workplace doing something basic but useful, earning a wage and growing up.

The UK's Open University was established in the 1960s to provide a distance learning route back into academic study while working part time for those who had left school young for social and economic reasons but now wanted to better their position.

http://www.open.ac.uk/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member