GUILTY FL - 17 killed in Stoneman Douglas High School shooting, Parkland, 14 Feb 2018 *shooter Guilty, School officer NG* #5

I cant roll my eyes enough. No one on the defense teams side is a victim here. The only victims are the people he murdered, the loved ones left behind and those who were impacted by this tragedy. It feels like if there was a man going through horrible cancer treatment hanging on by a thread in a hospital bed while i complain that I have it sooooo bad with the mild sniffles I have. They had MONTHS to talk while the families sat quietly. The defense can suck it up for 2 days and listen while the families have their tiny moment to have their say, as afforded to them BY LAW!!! It is well within the law. And they should speak freely. No one attacked children or the defense. How weak can you be. Talking to people who no longer have their children because they were ACTUALLY attacked.

Well I think we can say the trial brought no healing to the victim’s and their families.
I hope this never happens again like this - maybe somewhere in this something is done through the work the victim’s and their families have done, or learned, so this doesn’t happen again.
There’s such hard feelings on both sides and it’s brought more pain really. I don’t know what the solution is but unfortunately this was not it at all.

Nov 3rd, 2022, 6:43 pm
A Broward County assistant public defender who was called out by the trial judge for laughing and flipping the bird in court during Nikolas Cruz’s death penalty trial is now reportedly the subject of a Florida Bar investigation. Meanwhile, the judge who yelled at and humiliated the defense more broadly is the subject of a judicial conduct complaint by a state public defenders organization.
[...]
In a letter to 17th Judicial Circuit Chief Judge Jack Tuter, FACDL said it was “troubled” and dismayed that Judge Scherer displayed “hostile and demeaning treatment of defense counsel, one of whom is the elected Public Defender” is seeming “deep disdain for the role defense lawyers play in the criminal justice system.”
[...]

This is a good letter, but I hope the judge's behavior throughout the entire trial is reviewed. It was absolutely appalling and it's the reason it became a spectacle.

I dont think the judge did anything wrong. She was not being respected and I am betting that the defense would not have acted that way with a strong male judge. She had no choice but to get strong. Of course the cry baby defense is complaining. They are very entitled, rude and disrespectful. It doesn't mean she did something wrong by having to get strong with them.

As for her hugging the prosecutors, did the defense attorney's hang around after? I am sure if they did and were chatting with her and hugged her, she would have done the same. There are lots of jumps about her when the trial is over and she is just being human with victims who have been through soooooo much. This killer is being afforded mercy and understanding more than the victims and the judge. It's quite interesting.

I don’t know if anyone here watched the Markeith Loyd DP trial of the officer’s murder. I thought defense counsel was repeatedly disrespectful to the court and being obnoxious to frustrate the proceedings. And that judge was pretty assertive and no nonsense. I’m not a big fan of this judge. I like judges who keep the parties in line! Assertive and in control at all times! I wish we had a local reporter who could shed light on the dynamics here but at the very least this judge was out of her depth. My feeling is defense counsel saw this judge as “weak” and took advantage. She was trying to assert herself by lashing out but it was too late by that point and made her look like she had lost all control.

The assertive judges know how to cut counsel to size without seeming out of control. She didn’t have that kind of assertiveness because she was insecure/inexperienced. Having said that, this was a huge case and most judges prob don’t see cases like this in their entire careers. And most attys are respectful so I imagine a judge can go many years without dealing with attys who are outta line and consequently not know how to deal with it when it comes up. Most of her trials are probably a week-2 weeks with 1-3 victims at most and straightforward legally. This was an unprecedented case. And I don’t know if she’d done a DP case before this one!

Last edited:

Parkland Shooter's Lawyer Under Investigation by Florida Bar​

Nov 7, 2022
The Florida Bar announced they have launched an investigation into Broward Assistant Public Defender Tamara Curtis, who was one of the attorneys who represented the Parkland shooter. The Law&Crime Network's Jesse Weber breaks it down with Palm Beach County state attorney Dave Aronberg and deputy public defender Philip Dube.

*sigh* I knew Philipe Dube would minimize defense counsel’s behavior! He basically said defense attys are a self-regulating group and these investigations 75% of the time go nowhere. I think ultimately if defense counsel wants to be tone-deaf and give offense in such an emotionally charged case where so many children were killed, the public has a right to not give one iota of care that they were tongue-lashed by the victims’ families. Offending the offensive defense counsel is a nonissue in my book. Judges are also a largely self-regulating group and the bar is high for sanctions. So all these disciplinary investigations will go nowhere.

Zach Cruz left Florida after the 2018 massacre. Now the men who gave him a home in Virginia are accused of stealing his inheritance.​

On Oct. 5, one week before the verdict, police raided the house where Zach lives in Virginia.

Moore and Donovan were charged with obtaining money by false pretenses and exploiting someone who is mentally incapacitated. They were released from jail on $50,000 bonds.

[…]

But four days after the checks were deposited, police records show, someone logged into the shared bank account from Moore and Donovan’s home address and withdrew $300,000. The next day, someone logged into the account from the Nexus Services headquarters, and removed another $100,000.

The first withdrawal, police allege, was used to pay the Internal Revenue Service.

The $100,000 that remained from Zach’s money, the search warrant affidavit states, went to credit card bills and car payments linked to a BMW and a Ferrari.

[…]

In September 2021, Zach was called to testify about the matter in front of a federal grand jury. An excerpt of his testimony included in police records shows he told the prosecutor Moore had given him a lot of money over the years. But when asked if he ever gave permission for Moore and Donovan to use his money to pay the IRS, Zach answered no.

[…]

Approached by The Washington Post reporter who’d interviewed him extensively in 2019, he said he did not know that she had been trying to reach him for months through Donovan and Moore.

There was a lot he wanted to say, he explained. He knew about the statement that had been put out, which he said he gave input on, but Donovan wrote.

When asked what had happened to his inheritance money, he answered, “Really it’s like Richard is helping me with all of that. I’ve never even asked Richard about the stuff, the plans we’ve already made. We already talked about it but, I feel like I forgot already.”

[…]

The lawsuit, filed in Zach’s name Wednesday, alleged misconduct, corruption and racism. It was accompanied by a 10-page “sworn affidavit of Zachary Paul Cruz.” It stated that Zach had been present when Shipe asked for his inheritance check to be overnighted to him.

“I told Mike I wanted to give the money to Nexus, and that I wanted to support a company that was saving people like myself,” the affidavit said.

I’m not sure how I missed news about Zach Cruz over the last year or two… but these people cannot be allowed to get away with this. Literally every single person in this young man’s life has failed him. Unfortunately, it sounds like Zach is totally dependent on these guys and has little to no life skills. So, I hope there’s some kind of program that exists that can teach him those skills and help him get a leg up after the dust settles.

Degenerates like Moore and Donovan (especially those that hide behind their own self-righteousness) make me very, very, very angry.

Zach Cruz left Florida after the 2018 massacre. Now the men who gave him a home in Virginia are accused of stealing his inheritance.​

On Oct. 5, one week before the verdict, police raided the house where Zach lives in Virginia.

Moore and Donovan were charged with obtaining money by false pretenses and exploiting someone who is mentally incapacitated. They were released from jail on $50,000 bonds.

[…]

But four days after the checks were deposited, police records show, someone logged into the shared bank account from Moore and Donovan’s home address and withdrew $300,000. The next day, someone logged into the account from the Nexus Services headquarters, and removed another $100,000.

The first withdrawal, police allege, was used to pay the Internal Revenue Service.

The $100,000 that remained from Zach’s money, the search warrant affidavit states, went to credit card bills and car payments linked to a BMW and a Ferrari.

[…]

In September 2021, Zach was called to testify about the matter in front of a federal grand jury. An excerpt of his testimony included in police records shows he told the prosecutor Moore had given him a lot of money over the years. But when asked if he ever gave permission for Moore and Donovan to use his money to pay the IRS, Zach answered no.

[…]

Approached by The Washington Post reporter who’d interviewed him extensively in 2019, he said he did not know that she had been trying to reach him for months through Donovan and Moore.

There was a lot he wanted to say, he explained. He knew about the statement that had been put out, which he said he gave input on, but Donovan wrote.

When asked what had happened to his inheritance money, he answered, “Really it’s like Richard is helping me with all of that. I’ve never even asked Richard about the stuff, the plans we’ve already made. We already talked about it but, I feel like I forgot already.”

[…]

The lawsuit, filed in Zach’s name Wednesday, alleged misconduct, corruption and racism. It was accompanied by a 10-page “sworn affidavit of Zachary Paul Cruz.” It stated that Zach had been present when Shipe asked for his inheritance check to be overnighted to him.

“I told Mike I wanted to give the money to Nexus, and that I wanted to support a company that was saving people like myself,” the affidavit said.

I’m not sure how I missed news about Zach Cruz over the last year or two… but these people cannot be allowed to get away with this. Literally every single person in this young man’s life has failed him. Unfortunately, it sounds like Zach is totally dependent on these guys and has little to no life skills. So, I hope there’s some kind of program that exists that can teach him those skills and help him get a leg up after the dust settles.

Degenerates like Moore and Donovan (especially those that hide behind their own self-righteousness) make me very, very, very angry.
Wow, that’s so sad and brutal!
And what about the judge letting him go live with these 2 strangers that he had just met 2 weeks before that came out of nowhere and have multiple fraud convictions that were never investigated?

Last edited:

Sandy Hook Mom Reveals Why She Told Parkland Shooter She Loved Him After Rebuke by Victim’s Dad​

Nov 8, 2022
Following criticism by a victim’s father during the Parkland shooter’s sentencing, Scarlett Lewis, the mother of Sandy Hook victim Jesse Lewis, exclusively reveals to the Law&Crime Network’s Jesse Weber why she told Nikolas Cruz she loved him.

Sandy Hook Mom Reveals Why She Told Parkland Shooter She Loved Him After Rebuke by Victim’s Dad​

Nov 8, 2022
Following criticism by a victim’s father during the Parkland shooter’s sentencing, Scarlett Lewis, the mother of Sandy Hook victim Jesse Lewis, exclusively reveals to the Law&Crime Network’s Jesse Weber why she told Nikolas Cruz she loved him.
The Parkland victim’s families are in so much pain. It’s so sad.

Nov 8, 2022
Wow. Very powerful video. Thank you for sharing this.

Parkland School Shooter Trial: Choosing Life or Death for a Monster​

Nov 10, 2022
The Law&Crime Network's Jesse Weber provides a full recap of the Parkland school shooter trial, where victims' families heard the horrific details of the massacre over a span of months while a jury was tasked with deciding the fate of the convicted gunman.

Victims families wrote a letter to the chief judge in support of judge Scherer. Further calling out defense’s tactics. I love this!! Call them out!

JAN 4, 2023
[...]
The Florida Department of Corrections is permitted under state law to withhold information that would ordinarily be disclosed if publishing the information creates a security risk.
[...]
There is another option — Florida is one of many states that participate in the Interstate Prison Compact, an agreement to effectively exchange high-profile prisoners when lives might be at stake. Multiple sources say Cruz is not part of that program and that he remains in Florida.
[...]

February 14, 2023
[...]
But five years after the bloodbath in Parkland, the scourge of US mass shootings continues nationwide, including one Monday that again terrified an American campus, with three dead and five wounded at Michigan State University.

So far this year, the US has suffered at least 67 mass shootings – attacks in which four or more people are shot, not including the assailant, according to the Gun Violence Archive.
[...]
As the country reckons with how to prevent more children from being killed at school, the legacies of the Parkland victims live on. Here are their stories:
[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back