FL - 8 people killed after drunk driver crashes into bus - May 14, 2024

Clearsky

Reaction score
I was just reading about this. Some victims may not survive their injuries. Hard working people just trying to make ends meet, suffer at the hands of a drunk. What a shame that LE has to speak to their eligibility to work in the US. JMO

Snip
At HCA Florida Ocala Hospital, seven patients were in critical condition and two were in stable condition, a spokesperson told CBS News. Another patient was in stable condition at HCA Florida West Marion Hospital.

"Everything that I have been told at this point, they all have what they need to be here," Woods said. "There's no reason for me to be involved with these individuals. They're hardworking individuals, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with them being here."

Thirty-eight people were hurt, eight of whom are in critical condition and 30 who have non-life-threatening injuries, according to Marion County Fire Rescue.

There's a "high probability this may be beyond eight fatalities," Florida Highway Patrol Lt. Patrick Riordan, told reporters.

Well, this drunk is also a thief, drug user and clearly has no moral or ethical compass. Hella record on the Marion County court site. Current charges not listed yet. Probably once he's out of the hospital and in a jail it will be posted.

2003 POSSESSION OF ALCOHOL BY PERSON UNDER 21 YOA
2005 TRESPASS ON LAND OF ANOTHER
2006 FAIL TO NOTIFY DHSMV OF ADDRESS CHANGE
2006 LEAVE SCENE OF CRASH WITH UNATTENDED VEH OR PROP
2009 POSSESSION OF CANNABIS LESS THAN 20 GRAMS & POSSESSION OF DRUG PARAPHERNALIA
2013 DEALING IN STOLEN PROPERTY & GRAND THEFT 300 TO LESS THAN 20,000 DOLLARS
2013 DRIVING WHILE LICENSE SUSPENDED REVOKED CANCEL
2018 DRIVE WHILE LICENSE SUSPENDED REVOKED ETC 2ND OFFE (OCT)
2018 DRIVE WHILE LICENSE SUSPENDED REVOKED ETC 2ND OFFE (NOV)
2019 LEAVE SCENE OF CRASH PROPERTY DAMAGE ONLY
2021 DRIVE WHILE LICENSE SUSPENDED REVOKED ETC 3RD OFFE

Howard, who appeared in court with an injury bandage wrapped around his head, was read his charges of eight counts of DUI manslaughter by a judge. She said the court would appoint the 41-year-old a public defender after asking a series of questions to determine if he qualified, like his monthly income, employment status, assets and financial status.

Howard told the judge he's been self-employed for about 7 to 8 months now, doing maintenance work like painting and drywall. He said he brings in about $1,200 a month and has no dependents, no assets and about $700 in the bank.

Prosecutors asked the judge to hold Howard without bond due to his criminal history, and the judge obliged.
howard-4.jpg

I hope that they dont sweep a lot of this under the rug because the victims are migrants
Yeah I hope that isn't even an issue. LE has already mentioned they were legal. I'm guessing from working in payroll for 20 years, that they're here on an Agriculture Visa. Farms that are above board work hard to keep them legal and their Visa's current.

Last edited:

.....he had been smoking marijuana oil through a vape pen with a friend Monday,.....

....before he went to sleep after 11 p.m. Monday, he also took the prescribed medications Klonopin, Lyrica and Clonidine,.....

......woke up at 5 a.m. Tuesday and left at about 6:30 a.m. to go to a methadone clinic in Ocala.....

All eight of those killed were Mexican, and all had temporary H-2A visas for agricultural workers, Mexico’s foreign secretary said on X late Tuesday.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti
Back