GUILTY FL - Abraham Shakespeare, 42, lottery winner, Polk County, 7 April 2009 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bit off topic, but since it is Lakeland and Tampa, it does impact on law enforcement here.
In Tampa, just over 24 hours ago at about 2:15am on 6/29/10, two police officers were shot down during a routine traffic stop. Dovante Morris is suspected of being the shooter. A woman who was driving the vehicle has been arrested.
In Lakeland, within the last week, 2 officers were shot by a man on a bicycle. One officer returned fire ant the shooter was killed. He was Matthew Tutt, age 21.
Both stories can be found in the Ledger.
These stories will take a lot of the focus on crime at this point. It would be nice to see more articles about Abraham, but we may have to wait until either Discover or the hearing, if there is one.
The Stephanie Ragusi sex offender teacher was sentenced to 10 years in a plea bargain. She is the one who wrote the letter about conditions at Hillsborough County jail that Dorice signed.

My first question was could i just change the name and was told nope the company had to die so that is what i am doing then i will be free to do as i wish but it will stay buried until then when nothing is done business wise as AMP it dies..

If I am reading this correctly, you are just going to do nothing so American Medical Professionals can die. I'm assuming that means you won't put in your annual report so it will be dissolved by default. But I believe you can also send in paper work and dissolve the business voluntarily.

I am assuming, then, that you are also going to let Stat Nursing Personnel die since that company is owned by American Medical Professionals and you can't very well have the owner die without the company dieing as well, I would think. I'm guessing you have learned a lot more about Florida Corporations and DBAs than I know, so is that how it works? One company dies and they both die?

http://www.sunbiz.org/pdf/80935908.pdf

http://www.hillstax.org/taxapp/property_detail.asp?pmid=4756653
Please note that there are over $4,000 delinquent in taxes right now according to this site.
I'm not sure how they do tax auctions, but this is one of the things his estate will have to contend with. Also, I'm assuming these properties are uninsured now no one is paying on them, though I don't know that for sure. If the property is destroyed, everyone is out without insurance.

Well, thank you for the assistance. I have learned a lot about this case I would have not known just by reading the papers so I appreciate the help and I'm glad you are here. The more insiders who post, the more we outsiders can understand.

i am so glad that this thread is back up....will give me something to do over the 4th of july weekend....my business is seafood...and living in florida that's not a good thing right now....all of stress is on me...so, with all of that, i want to say to overwhelmed i apologize if i offended u in any way...that was certainly not my intentions...but debm...i'm an old lady with a daughter that i love more than anything...i will say that i guess maybe it was that mothering thing going on...truly i feel sorry for you...weather your intentions are not....u are in a mess...and i feel and can hear alot of your pain....wanting to save your name ....wanting to save your business...and not really knowing what to do...my heart really goes out to u...and i really mean my apology...and i promise it was not intended to offend you in any way...take care of you...that's all i'm saying...cause as my mom always said.....ain't nobody gonna do it for you.....joybell

Name: MOORE, DORICE DONEGAN Person Id: @549230 Party: D001 Party Status: Opened
UCN: 292010CF001733D001TA Case Number: 10-CF-001733 Case Created: 02/02/2010 Division: A

Case Status: Opened
Case Type Description: Court Type: CAPITAL MURDER CIRCUIT CRIMINAL

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Docket Charge Status Sentence/ Assessment Minutes Scheduling Active Parties Personal Due

Date

Filter By Date Filter
Case Number: Name: Name & Case Number: Present/Future: Past: Past/Present/Future:

Case Number Event Description Date Start Time Judge Location Room
10-CF-001733 DISPOSITION 07/08/2010 09:00:00 SLEET ANNEX 401 N JEFFERSON ST TAMPA CR16

Name: MOORE, DEEDEE Person Id: @549230 Party: D001 Party Status: Opened
UCN: 292010CF003449D001TA Case Number: 10-CF-003449 Case Created: 03/03/2010 Division: A Case Status: Opened
Case Type Description: OTHER Court Type: CIRCUIT CRIMINAL

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Docket Charge Status Sentence/ Assessment Minutes Scheduling Active Parties Personal Due Date

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Filter By Date Filter
Case Number: Name: Name & Case Number: Present/Future: Past: Past/Present/Future:

10-CF-003449 DISPOSITION 07/08/2010 09:00:00 SLEET ANNEX 401 N JEFFERSON ST TAMPA CR16

http://www.polkcountyclerk.net/

CASE NUMBER FILE DATE CASE TYPE STATUS
532010CF0003940000XX
[236557] 01/19/2010 CF CASE OPEN
CHARGE SEQ# STATUTE STATUTE TEXT DATE PHASE
001 838016 UNLAW COMPENSATION REWARD OFFICIAL BEHAVIOR 02/15/2010 Prosecutor: Filed
002 83926 MISUSE OF CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION 02/15/2010 Prosecutor: Filed

[DEF=[color=Red]YOUNG TROY MCKAY[/color] ATTORNEY=DOMINECK JAMES JR STATE ATTORNEY=WALLACE PAUL RICHARD PLAINTIFF=STATE OF FLORIDA ]
[JUDGE=STARGEL, JOHN K]
LAST DOCKET DATE=02/16/2010
[Court Events | Finance Info | Docket Info]

ACTION DATE TEXT
06/03/2010 REQUEST FOR SUPPL DISCOVERY
05/20/2010 INSERT HEARING FOR THE DATE: 7/6/2010
05/20/2010 Re: PRET--PRE-TRIAL CONFERENCE BY LAURVANL
05/19/2010 MEMO OF COURT (SNAPOUT) 5/18/10
05/19/2010 MOTION FOR CONTINUANCE WITH ORDER
04/21/2010 STATUS CONFERENCE MEMO 4/16/2010
03/02/2010 SAO RESP / DEM FOR RECIP DISC & RESP NOTICE DISC / WIT LIST
03/02/2010 STATE'S DISCOVERY EXHIBITS
02/16/2010 DELETE HEARING FOR THE DATE: 3/2/2010 WPNG
02/16/2010 INSERT HEARING FOR THE DATE: 4/16/2010
02/16/2010 Reason: STAT--STATUS CONFERENCE
02/16/2010 INSERT HEARING FOR THE DATE: 5/18/2010
02/16/2010 Reason: PRET--PRE-TRIAL CONFERENCE
02/16/2010 COURT NOTIFICATION
02/15/2010 CORRESPONDENCE COMMISSION ON ETHICS LETTER TO RETIREMENT SERVICES (COP
02/15/2010 INFORMATION FILED COPY SENT J. DOMINECK
02/05/2010 LETTER TO ETHICS COMMISSION
02/01/2010 DEMAND/NOTICE FOR DISCOVERY FILED
02/01/2010 NOTICE APPEARANCE OF COUNSEL / WAIVER OF ARRAIGNMENT / WPNG / REQUEST
02/01/2010 DEMAND DISCLOSURE MATERIAL FAVORABLE TO DEFT
02/01/2010 COVER SHEET
01/28/2010 COURT NOTIFICATION
01/28/2010 INSERT HEARING FOR THE DATE: 3/2/2010
01/28/2010 Reason: ARRG--ARRAIGNMENT
01/26/2010 BOOKING SHEET
01/26/2010 WARRANT SERVED
01/26/2010 BOND REED
01/26/2010 BOND REED
01/26/2010 NOTICE TO APPEAR
01/20/2010 ASA of Record, WALLACE PAUL RICHARD
01/19/2010 COMPLAINT AFFIDAVIT FILED
01/19/2010 WARRANT ISSUED

The Troy McKay case is the one where I went to get the Discovery Exhibits only to have them tell me the evidence was sealed. So much for the Sunshine Law State. However, they forgot to seal them and I got to review them before they were sealed. Had some names, DOBs, SS#s of people. I would guess these are the ones Troy ran their names / SS#s for records for Dorice.

OK...help me out what kind of hearing is this...sometimes i can get lost
...imagine that!!

Troy Mckay is the Lakeland police officer who allegedly took compensation from Dorice Moore to provide her with information from police resources and provide her with police type services for compensation. He is allegedly the one who went with her to open Abraham's safe deposit box, like a fox in a hen house. Allegedly, Dorice paid for an airline ticket for his daughter as part of the compensation he received. I believe he is currently suspended pending the outcome of this hearing.

ok...but i was talking about DDM what kind of hearing does she have coming up? sorry i didn't explain myself.....

http://www.hillstax.org/taxapp/property_detail.asp?pmid=4756653
Please note that there are over $4,000 delinquent in taxes right now according to this site.
I'm not sure how they do tax auctions, but this is one of the things his estate will have to contend with. Also, I'm assuming these properties are uninsured now no one is paying on them, though I don't know that for sure. If the property is destroyed, everyone is out without insurance.

It appears as though a tax certificate was purchased on the property by CITRUS CAPITAL LLC. The way the tax sales work here, is that the certificate holder must hold the certificate for 24 months from the time they purchase the certificate, at which time they can then foreclose on the property. It goes up for an auction at the Courthouse, at which time anyone is able to bid on it and purchase for the highest bid. If no one shows up to bid, then the certificate holder gets the property free and clear (well, for the price they paid for the certificate) IF it had a clear title to begin with. I think under the circumstances, we won't see this property go to tax auction. They have 24 months to work everything out, and although the taxes WILL have to be paid on it (basically paid back to the certificate buyer) I figure the estate WILL end up with that property.

Name: MOORE, DORICE DONEGAN Person Id: @549230 Party: D001 Party Status: Opened
UCN: 292010CF001733D001TA Case Number: 10-CF-001733 Case Created: 02/02/2010 Division: A

Case Status: Opened
Case Type Description: Court Type: CAPITAL MURDER CIRCUIT CRIMINAL

Docket Charge Status Sentence/ Assessment Minutes Scheduling Active Parties Personal Due

Date

Filter By Date Filter

10-CF-001733 DISPOSITION 07/08/2010 09:00:00 SLEET ANNEX 401 N JEFFERSON ST TAMPA CR16

Who volunteers to do a play-by-play for me?? I'm out of state, with an internet connection that REFUSES to stream ANYTHING, heck, won't even play YouTube videos!!!! I'm dying over here, and while I'll be able to read the newspaper articles when they hit online, I won't be able to see the courtroom footage, if they have any!!!!

Oh happy day.....oh happy daaaay...when this thread came back upppppp.....i felt good that day......

SEVEN days and counting till the court appearance!!!! And STILL no one has offered to do a play by play for me!! Stuck out here outta state with no local news, and not even able to stream online. Will someone at least post what they hear on the live feed when it happens???

Hey, tigergal, from what I understand that July 8 day is just a status date. My source may be wrong, but that was what I was told and I trust my source.

Aw CRAP!!!! When the heck are we gonna find anything out????

Maybe they'll release the jail calls after that appearance???

I am going to give this discussion one more chance. I mistakenly let everyone post away to their hearts content and it turned into a free for all.

From now on our Terms of Service will apply to this thread. Read our TOS here: The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

BUT, let me remind you of a few things that are black and white on Websleuths:

1-You cannot attack a poster.
I don't care what this person has said about you in the past. I don't care what they said about you somewhere else. You can only attack what is written in the post and you can only do so in a mature and dignified manner.

2-No name calling.
Calling someone a liar is name calling. You can't accuse someone of something without proof to back it up.

3-DO NOT RESPOND IF SOMEONE ATTACKS YOU IN A POST.
If you do respond you will be either timed out or banned.

4-Hit the alert button.
Hit the alert button, the red triangle in the upper right hand top of the post, and alert us to any posts that violate TOS. That is the best thing you can do to help us keep the forum under control.

If the name calling and accusations do not stop then people will be immediately banned for life. If that doesn't help then I"ll shut the thread down.

I mean it. Don't think because someone accused you of something on the old threads that you can pick up right here and start off again because you can't.

I won't be putting the pictures back up of the house. So that issue is now a non-issue.

Thank you for your cooperation.
This is the reason i am not so clear other then being accused of Stealing and selling AS belongings it has nothing to do with this case.She is a poster just not on this thread.

are you the moderator for this thread or something, did i miss something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
myauris11