FL FL - Adji Desir, 6, Immokalee, 10 Jan 2009 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.nbc-2.com/articles/readarticle.asp?articleid=25045&z=3
COLLIER COUNTY: Collier County deputies are once again asking for volunteer help in the search for six-year-old Adji Desir.

On Saturday, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., people will be at Immokalee Community Park, handing out fliers to volunteers.

Officials say volunteers will be asked to distribute those fliers in their own communities or any location they choose to.

Representatives familiar with Collier, Lee and Hendry counties will be on hand to suggest possible locations and offer assistance.

Deputies say volunteers must bring identification to take part.
More at link. Poor boy is 6 with mentality of 1 1/2-2 year old. dose not understand english. He is Hatian.

I've been under a rock for a couple of days and just popped in make sure this little guy had a thread. So glad to see he does. I have worried about him all morning. He seems so much like my big guy. I know how terrified Tarrin gets in situations where he can't seem to remember to talk. Knowing that Adji is totally non verbal, I feel for him a lot.

And then the picture of him in the heart, that says "I see Adji looking at me". They read that book at my son's school. I know I'll be glued to this one til we have an answer.

If we assume that he was abducted...

How remote is his neighborhood from the rest of the urban area?

How many sex offenders are registered in that area?

I know the article said that one was, and the media said they spoke with him themselves.

I know the article said that one was, and the media said they spoke with him themselves.

I am from Naples and the area they are looking in I guess you would say is quite rural. Immakolee itself has a population of approximately 20,000 people. The area is very poor and many illegals take up residence there. I believe that I read some where that there are 19 registered sex offenders in the area.
What is very concerning to me is there is a lot of undeveloped land out that direction. This land is owned by the Collier family and has been left undeveloped. I am not sure the size of the area but, I do know that it is very large! (miles and miles)The family leases the land to people and allows them to place small hunting shacks and trailers out there. It is actually very nice people are permitted to have cattle, livestock, go hunting , fishing, ride four wheelers, swamp buggies ect... and are able to use it like it is there own. We have several friends that are invovlved in this and we have been to their "ranch" several times. Infact my husband and son are going with a group of guys out there to spend the night tonight. These "ranches" in Immakolee are out in the middle of nowhere. You can drive forever on a paved road and then turn off on to dirt roads that travel for miles. As I said there is hunting, it is not unusual when out there to see wild boar, clack panthers, cyotes and gators not to mention snakes. I don't know what else is out there. I would guess there are squatters located in areas that no one is aware of! I can not imagine that this child would have wandered this far out of town but, if he was abducted he could be taken and disposed of there and I can't imagine he would ever be found! I pray that this is not the case but, I have a sick feeling deep in the pit of my stomach!

Given your description of the area ( thank you for explaining) sleuthin4fun it is possible he was abducted and not taken from the area surrounding Immakolee.

I did a search of Registered Florida Sex Offenders for the zip code of 34142 which is the zip code listed for Immokalee FL.

It returned 19 offenders in Immokalee.

Given your description of the area ( thank you for explaining) sleuthin4fun it is possible he was abducted and not taken from the area surrounding Immakolee.

He could very easily still be in the area that is considered to be "Immakolee" and it could almost be impossible to find him if he has been taken out of city limits into the so called preserve area.

I am asking the same questions...if he was abducted, which I do not think he was but you never know with all those pedophiles in the area...I say investigate EACH and EVERYONE of those men until they find some answers!

God please I hope they do find him soon. This is such a sad story:-(

My husband and son are out in Immakolee spending the night at the "ranch". I reminded them to be on the lookout for Adji. Saying a little prayer that he is found safely!!!

Nancy Grace covered this last night. Poor little boy. Its been pretty cold here in FL for the past week, freezing weather north of me, which is where this little boy is missing. If he wondered off........ especially if he ended up in water...... I'm scared for him.

I'm so afraid for him. this just doesn't look good. Please come home Adji! I feel so bad for the grandmother too. Sounds like another one of those situations you are always warned about. Turn your head for one minute and the child is gone. I hope he is found soon.

I thought I read that the biological father is in Haiti. Please correct me if I am wrong. LE has stated to the media that the family has been cleared.
That is what Nancy Grace said last nite, kat, about the father in Haiti and has been cleared.

SM site has pictures posted of the area. Search for a poster named Dolce. She was there today with the searchers. I hope they find this young boy, and praying too.

Poor little boy, this situation looks pretty grim.

I tend to keep my prayers short, but I will definitely include Adji in them over these coming days. May his family have some answers soon.

Poor child, I really hope for a good outcome for this family. I had hoped that the search efforts would result in some more clues for investigators. I wonder if their attention is now more focused on a kidnapping scenario...I know that the family and neighbors already suspect this.It is just perplexing and scary. For all of you who are updating on this case, thanks!

This makes me sad. Kids should be able to be kids. The playgrounds in Immakolee are empty and parents are afraid to let their children play outside. I so wish that the children today could understand what it was like to be carefree and play outside from dawn to dusk!!! I cherish those memories from my childhood!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500