FL FL - Altoona, WhtFem Skeletal 126UFFL, 17-20, near Lake Dorr, Apr'84

It says on the NCMEC that she had reddish purple stained teeth. Wondering what caused them to be stained or if it was a tooth condition such as dentinogenesis, which may cause teeth to be grayish blue, yellowish brown or even reddish purple. If she did Have this condition, that could contribute to the loss of the front teeth since the teeth are much weaker and may break.

9 RULE OUTS
MP2921
Barbara Cotton 04/11/1981
Williams, ND
MP1411
Lina Borges 03/21/1984
Santa Cruz, CA
MP4644
Launa Merritt 02/23/1983
Onondaga, NY
MP28024
Christina Smith 04/24/1984
Los Angeles, CA
MP7266
Judy Martins 05/24/1978
Portage, OH
MP3127
Christine Huyer 07/03/1982
Orange, FL
MP6466
Mary Opitz 01/16/1981
Lee, FL
MP7091
Emma Vaughn 07/10/1982
Orange, FL
MP9595
Frankie Hurst 05/14/1989
Anderson, SC

I have always thought that she was a local kid.
In the NamUs profile it points out that they were given information that she was possibly new to the area. Because of this I really think it's important to rule out Shannon Lee Potter even though some of the information is a bit off.
MD - MD - Shannon Potter, 13, Baltimore, 3 March 1984
The age, height, and weight for ATJ are extremely specific even though the remains were partially skeletonized, which makes me feel more confident about this match. Shannon was 13, 5'5", and weighed more than ATJ, but again the weight and age seem too specific? She had reddish brown hair, was probably on her way to Florida and went missing about 6 weeks before ATJ was found. My issues with the match are that Shannon had surgery for a cracked pelvis and a 'split mandible', would these be necessary for a rule-out? I would be grateful for any thoughts on this match since it has been on my mind for a few years.

In the NamUs profile it points out that they were given information that she was possibly new to the area. Because of this I really think it's important to rule out Shannon Lee Potter even though some of the information is a bit off.
MD - MD - Shannon Potter, 13, Baltimore, 3 March 1984

Just wanted to update everyone- I submitted Shannon through the doenetwork and received a very quick response stating that she had already been submitted as a possible match to law enforcement. She is not listed as a rule-out so I'm not sure if she was simply not a good match or if they are still investigating, but they are aware of the possible connection.

It says on the NCMEC that she had reddish purple stained teeth. Wondering what caused them to be stained or if it was a tooth condition such as dentinogenesis, which may cause teeth to be grayish blue, yellowish brown or even reddish purple. If she did Have this condition, that could contribute to the loss of the front teeth since the teeth are much weaker and may break.

If they weren't so sure she was white I would have suggested SE Asian - Burmese, northern Thai, SW Laos - where chewing betel nut is popular. In the early stages of use teeth take on a purplish tint.

I am wondering about this girl The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Martha Jean McNiel
martha_jean_mcniel_1.jpg

She went missing from NC in March 1984.
Her hair looks red - even though NamUs describes it as being strawberry blonde
Height and weight fit - 5'0 - 105 lbs

She was 24 years old when she went missing.

I am wondering about this girl The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Martha Jean McNiel
martha_jean_mcniel_1.jpg

She went missing from NC in March 1984.
Her hair looks red - even though NamUs describes it as being strawberry blonde
Height and weight fit - 5'0 - 105 lbs

She was 24 years old when she went missing.

I sent an email yesterday to the one contact on Judy Doe's NamUs contact list. She read my email, but of course, no response.:(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back