FL FL - AMBER ALERT: Diana Alvares, 9, Fort Myers, 29 May 2016 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
JG's phone left his residence in Orlando on May 28 in the evening hours and headed south to the Ft Myers area. The phone was in the area of DA's home between 12mid-3AM on May 29. After leaving Ft Myers "early that morning", records show the phone travelled to Okee, to YHJ where it was stationary for several hours, then back to Okee, then to place of origin Orlando. (Page 3&4, item#7 of the Criminal Complaint). There was communication between JG's phone and the household phone DA had access to during the time JG's phone was in the area of the home. DA has not been seen since this communication which took place on May 28, 2016 (page 4, item#8 of the Criminal Complaint).

RH said she got up at 2AM May 29 to fix a baby bottle and she also put the blanket over DA.

So the Criminal Complaint (CC) has a problem. JG's phone was not in the area of the house until 12mid May 29, yet the CC says the communication between JG's phone and the house phone was on May 28. And the CC says that DA was not seen after the communication, but DA's mother saw her at 2AM on May 29. I suppose like many early CC's and SW's, there are somtimes imperfections of facts not yet ascertained completely by LE.

Going from RH's statement that DA was in the house at 2AM... What if JG and DA left at 3AM. And from that point, JG turned off his phone (removed battery so no pings) to accomplish his goals with DA in the Ft Myers area in his car. After accidently killing her, now it might be 5-6AM. He panics. He comes up with the crazy idea to burn the home down, so JG returns to the home at about 6AM and lights all the burners on the stove while everyone is still asleep, in order to buy time. Then he leaves the Ft Myers areas with DA's body in the car, and turns the phone back on, going to Okee to get a shovel or whatever, then continues on his crazy trip to YHJ (where phone is stationary several hours, likey buried DA) to Okee to Orlando.

I am trying to account for the oil on the stove here. I had thought he took DA and then immediately left the area to do all his deeds at YHJ from assault to bury DA - but LE has not detailed the specific hours of the pings of JG's phone or explained any down time for the phone either, except the 12mid-3AM stated in the CC.

This is a really good theory but IMO he would be really stupid to try that. How would he know that no one in the house had woken up and missed Diana by then? It would be too risky that he would wake someone when he returned. And if he needed to burn the house down at that point this would be a move of desperation to cover his tracks--why not commit outright arson (light a fire in the kitchen and run) instead of turning on the stove and hoping it burned the house down?

You can see him and his boss in this interview: http://www.wftv.com/news/local/fdle...-yeehaw-junction-could-be-connected/326796776

This link is in the media thread if you lose it. They do not appear to be Hispanic but that doesn't mean they don't speak Spanish.
Wait.. What?? He found the phone in tall grass, it was kinda dead so he plugged it in (at home I assume) and then he was found with it whole at work (he was surrounded by police in front of his coworkers). So if he had a phone he couldn't get into, why is he carrying it around? Maybe to sell it to someone that knows how to get around the lock technology, wipe it, whatever the heck they do with phones that are supposedly rendered useless without the lock code.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Wait.. What?? He found the phone in tall grass, it was kinda dead so he plugged it in (at home I assume) and then he was found with it whole at work (he was surrounded by police in front of his coworkers). So if he had a phone he couldn't get into, why is he carrying it around? Maybe to sell it to someone that knows how to get around the lock technology, wipe it, whatever the heck they do with phones that are supposedly rendered useless without the lock code.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The whole story is hinky. I also thought the first news that came out about the police tracking the phone said the police tracked it to HIS HOME and got it from him there, but now I cant find that article so maybe I just misunderstood or these details were misreported. Does anyone have a link to other interviews with the landscapers or is this the only one?

The whole story is hinky. I also thought the first news that came out about the police tracking the phone said the police tracked it to HIS HOME and got it from him there, but now I cant find that article so maybe I just misunderstood or these details were misreported. Does anyone have a link to other interviews with the landscapers or is this the only one?

"On June 3, 2016, the cell phone was tracked to Daytona, Florida. FDLE agents, along with detectives from LCSO, went to the location the cellular phone was tracked to and spoke with S.M., who was in possession of the cellular phone."

this is taken from the criminal complaint; page 5 paragraph 13

Once a locked phone receives a call and the call is answered, wouldn't the phone after the call become unlocked for a certain amount of time the phone would be locked again? I never have a good on my phone, to much of a hassle for me. So not sure how the lock works.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

Very disappointing as I had hoped there would be a trace of DA by now. I thought it interesting that the family is saying now they are getting daily updates when just days ago they acted like they had not heard anything. It is normal for LE to not disclose all details so they can keep information confidential helping their investigation. Maybe a misunderstanding but another oddity in this already odd case.

Once a locked phone receives a call and the call is answered, wouldn't the phone after the call become unlocked for a certain amount of time the phone would be locked again? I never have a good on my phone, to much of a hassle for me. So not sure how the lock works.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

No, the phone does not really even 'unlock' when a call comes in. It allows you to answer the call and talk. But it immediately goes back to lock when the call is done. And nothing can be done on the phone unless it is unlocked with the code or thumbprint. [ on my iPhone anyway]

"the phones data shows it was stationary in Osceola county moments after the child disappeared"

hmm..

I still wonder wherein our very strict timeline his initial detainment & release fits in..

I thought they weren't sure of the exact "moment" the child disappeared? Diana was seen by her mother at around 2am, and was discovered missing at around -- what was it? around 7am? How can they say with any certainty that the phone was stationary in Osceola "moments after" the child disappeared?

"the phones data shows it was stationary in Osceola county moments after the child disappeared"

hmm..

I still wonder wherein our very strict timeline his initial detainment & release fits in..
Was the phone with/on him or left behind to later retrieve?

Sorry! (apologizing for my oops in advance)
Old Lurker, New Poster

Some one earlier was asking about the discrepancy between the 28 and 29 regarding the cell phone. The complaint clearly states the phone left Orlando in the evening hours of the 28th and was followed to lee county in the early hours of the 29th...midnight to 3 am. So no discrepancy I can find. I'm sorry but I keep going back to the oil. He was only in the FM area for a few hours and the oil on the stove was not found until 7am at least. No way that oil would not have been at flash point after 4 hours. They turned the burners off like no big deal. Something still so off about this that I cannot yet put my finger on it. If he did take her between 12-3 am then someone else put the oil on the stove. Why? I obviously don't know the relationships between JG and others in the house but this makes no sense. If the phone tracking is accurate there is no way he was there when the oil was placed on the stove. Did he leave DA there and she went with someone else later? Was the family wrong that the burners were on high? (A possibility but no reason for them not to share what they actually found that am).

I don't know if this would fit. Is there any way Jorge could have taken Diana, did whatever he did and then decided to go back and turn on the stove?

I saw that earlier and that is a possibility although risky returning to the house not knowing if she woke someone up in the process of leaving. He could have returned, realized no one was the wiser and entered to put the pot of oil on the stove. The only odd thing is that they track his phone from FM to Okechobee, to YHJ and back to Okechobee. That leaves little time to return. I thought perhaps he had help behind him and they went into the house but the dog not barking at all is odd. I have three and as lovable as they are they bark at everything...even my kids or me coming home. I can't imagine that anyone went into that house in the middle of the night which leaves the potential fire starter to someone already inside the house. That is the strangest thing to me....who already in the house(we know JG was not) would want to try to start a fire? He could have told her what to do but at just 9 I don't believe she could do all that without waking someone up. My 10 y/o would need step by step instructions from someone to do what was done. I still believe someone in the house put that pan of oil on the stove. JMO

I don't know if this would fit. Is there any way Jorge could have taken Diana, did whatever he did and then decided to go back and turn on the stove?

That would fit the timeline/ But it seems so foolhardy and stupid. What if he got back there and one of the parents was awake? It seems so brazen and stupid to return at that time. But he is an idiot, so could be...:sigh:

I think maybe the dog didn't bark because Diana left the house on her own and met him. She could have sneaked out of the house to meet him while he waited outside. I think that's why they were communicating by phone. It would be interesting as to where the phone was found in her house. Was it usually left in the family area and she could sneak it at night. I don't get the oil thing either. Here is a link to an article a little bit about smoke points, flash points and boiling points (which wouldn't be good in that little pan). I mean there's no way that pan of oil could sit on a stove at high heat and not cause at least serious smoke in the house if not a fire.

http://www.culinarylore.com/food-science:how-hot-before-cooking-oil-ignites

Someone put that pan on the stove long after the timeframe JG was in FM. This is the biggest clue that just does not make sense to me.

At what age of a baby do mothers stop getting up in the middle of the night to fix a bottle? I am asking because if RH was still getting up at 2AM every night to do this out of habit, and perhaps she set a little alarm clock, then this is something that both JG and DA would have known. JG lived there for 9 months and only moved out about a month before, and DA lived with her mother through the babyhood of several younger siblings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaEvans52