FL - Amber Gaddis, 30, found dead after husband escapes kidnappers, Jacksonville, June 2020

Same but in fairness to local Jacksonville media- they've been really busy with a major Covid surge and the (eventually cancelled) Republican National Convention coming to town.

I agree and they have had more crimes too.( I read of the poor guys murdered while working late at a cell tower.) I was just hoping that someone would be caught for this by now.

I was just reading on actionnewsjax.com that of the 99 homicides that the sheriff’s office has worked so far, 21 have resulted in arrests. The story goes on about that being a dismal record. I would hope this case is still a priority.

Ok, now I’m wondering how the husbands kidnapping story is connected to her shooting death? That would mean it was an orchestrated hit? Robbery gone bad? Are these gang members?

Snip:
Neighbors said they heard three gunshots.

Three days later, police arrested Taiden Kyree Gee, 17, on a charge of armed robbery. On Thursday, charges of second-degree murder and armed burglary were filed against Gee.

Ok, now I’m wondering how the husbands kidnapping story is connected to her shooting death? That would mean it was an orchestrated hit? Robbery gone bad? Are these gang members?

Snip:
Neighbors said they heard three gunshots.

Three days later, police arrested Taiden Kyree Gee, 17, on a charge of armed robbery. On Thursday, charges of second-degree murder and armed burglary were filed against Gee.
I can’t believe they charged this guy with armed robbery three days later and reporters never found out he was suspected of Amber’s murder.

The article linked above mentions that Amber was dealing with an opioid addiction. I’m just guessing but that could be the connection. JMO
Also from the article: Barbara Oakley, Gaddis' mother, told News4Jax the arrest came as a shock. She said Gee is someone her daughter knew “very well” but wouldn’t go into details.

I'd say definitely not random or gang related.

It will be interesting to see a full report on this as I’m curious to know his connection to the victim too. I wonder also how it’s charged as #2nd degree murder with the burglary involved? Seems that would make it a first degree.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheMidge
Back