FL FL - Andrea Durham, 13, Fort Walton Beach, 1 Feb 1990

I watched this case last night on NG. imo, someone(child predator) living in the apartment complex, a nearby neighbor, saw them move in, easily watched them (thru a window) and when she was alone, knocked on the door asking her to quickly come to their apt to assist with something or to look at something. (no coat, door left unlocked, expecting to be right back). I would want to see a list of the tenants in the surrounding apts at that time, especially anyone moving out shortly after her disappearance. Compare that list to our current sex offender registry.

It's so sad that after 28 years there is no justice for Andrea ,for her family and for her friends,there are no even updates regarding the investigation.I also tend to believe that maybe a familiar neighbour lured her by asking for "help" ,I don't think that andrea ran away, she would take something like a few Clothes and some money and definitely her shoes. I don't know if the police investigated deeper regarding the neighbours.

Feb 1, 2019

Today marks the 29th anniversary of the disappearance of Andrea Durham. 13-year old Andrea Durham disappeared from her family’s Ocean City apartment near Fort Walton Beach on Feb. 1, 1990 and investigators are still seeking information about her disappearance.

The day she went missing, Andrea was vacuuming the apartment at the Royale Apartments in Fort Walton Beach while her mother and sister left to go to a meeting. When they returned, the vacuum was in the middle of the floor and Andrea was gone.

The Okaloosa County Sheriff’s Office remains dedicated to trying to locate Andrea Durham. If you have any information regarding this case, contact the Okaloosa County Sheriff’s Office at (850) 609-2000 or Emerald Coast Crime Stoppers anonymously by calling 863-TIPS (8477) or by submitting an anonymous web tip at: www.emeraldcoastcrimestoppers.com or a mobile tip via the P3 Mobile Tips App.

OCSO still searching for missing girl 29 years later

I wonder if there are new theories regarding Andrea disappearance, my theory is that a neighbour that Andrea was familiar with asked for fake help and he harmed Andrea in his house and killed her.Very frustrating and very sad that there is no progress in the investigation.

Andrea D’Anne Durham
andrea_danne_durham_1.jpg
andrea_danne_durham_2.jpg
andrea_danne_durham_3.jpg
andrea_danne_durham_4.jpg
andrea_danne_durham_5.jpg

Andrea, circa 1990; Age-progression to age 35 (circa 2011)

• Missing Since 02/01/1990
  • Missing From Fort Walton Beach, Florida
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 04/24/1976 (44)
  • Age 13 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'3, 110 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A white t-shirt, faded black jeans and white sneakers.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Blonde hair, green eyes. Andrea's ears are pierced. Her middle name is given as "Dianne" by some agencies.
Details of Disappearance

Andrea was last seen at her family's residence at Royale Apartments at the corner of Colonial Drive and Mayflower Avenue in Fort Walton Beach, Florida, which she shared with her mother and older sister. Her mother and sister left, asking her to vacuum while they were gone.

When Andrea's family returned to their residence two hours later, they found it unlocked with no indication of forced entry. Andrea's purse, clothes, makeup and all other personal belongings were undisturbed inside. The vacuum cleaner standing upright in the living room.

Agencies classify Andrea's case as that of a runaway or a possible non-family abduction. The circumstances surrounding her disappearance remain unclear; there is very little evidence as to her fate. Authorities originally thought she was a runaway, but now they believe other forces may have been at work in her disappearance.

Andrea had had to change schools and move to a new apartment and she was unhappy about this, which was part of the reason investigators believed she had run away. She also gotten into trouble with the law; she acted as a lookout for other children while they stole money out of vehicles in a restaurant parking lot. She was sentenced to community service for her role in the offense, and her sister stated she wasn't worried about it. All the charges against her have now been voided.

Andrea attended Prior Middle School in 1990, and was a good student. Her hobbies at the time of her disappearance included camping, tennis, dancing and going to the beach, and she was very spiritual from a young age. She hasn't had any contact with her family or friends since she went missing. Her family never believed she had run away.

Police have investigated the possibility that Andrea's disappearance was connected to Mark Riebe and William Alex Wells III, who are suspected of having kidnapped and murdered a woman in Santa Rosa, Florida, in 1989. So far they have not found any link between Andrea and the suspects, but the possibility has not been ruled out.

Investigators believe Andrea remained in the area for a short time after she disappeared, but if she was on the streets she probably did not survive long. Many rumors have circulated about her disappearance, but none have been substantiated.

Andrea's mother now lives in South Carolina. She remains missing and her case is unsolved.

Investigating Agency
  • Okaloosa County Sheriff's Office
  • 850-651-7400
  • Roseanne Sterling, Andrea Durham's mother
  • Traveler's Rest, South Carolina
  • 864-663-9390
Source Information

I have suspicions! I contacted Crime Stoppers. I've never heard anything back. I know of a tenant that still lives there I know him very well and throughout the years I have connected some dots. I could be completely wrong but it's worth a look. He is a sex predator. This case really bothers me. Shes the same age as me. I didn't know her, but the story still bugs me that it's not solved. I'm from Fort Walton Beach and still live here. He still lives at Royale Apartments. Does anyone know the exact apartment number that she lived at?
I watched this case last night on NG. imo, someone(child predator) living in the apartment complex, a nearby neighbor, saw them move in, easily watched them (thru a window) and when she was alone, knocked on the door asking her to quickly come to their apt to assist with something or to look at something. (no coat, door left unlocked, expecting to be right back). I would want to see a list of the tenants in the surrounding apts at that time, especially anyone moving out shortly after her disappearance. Compare that list to our current sex offender registry.

I have suspicions! I contacted Crime Stoppers. I've never heard anything back. I know of a tenant that still lives there I know him very well and throughout the years I have connected some dots. I could be completely wrong but it's worth a look. He is a sex predator. This case really bothers me. Shes the same age as me. I didn't know her, but the story still bugs me that it's not solved. I'm from Fort Walton Beach and still live here. He still lives at Royale Apartments. Does anyone know the exact apartment number that she lived at?

I have some ideas on A Person of Interest I don't know who to even talk to about it.

If you’re comfortable doing so, (and if you’re comfortable reporting it non-anonymously) I would contact the agency handling Andrea’s case and ask to speak with or to leave a message for the investigator assigned to Andrea’s case. I’ve talked to investigators of missing persons cases because I’ve been trying to identify a Jane Doe and most of the investigators that I’ve talked to have been really nice. Have the agency case number nearby because they usually ask for that. I copied and pasted the information below from Andrea’s NamUs profile. I think it should be correct because her profile was last updated about 2 months ago.

Okaloosa County Sheriff's Office
Address: 50 2nd Street Shalimar, Florida 32579
County: Okaloosa County
Main Phone: (850) 689-5655
Agency Case Number: S90002378
Investigator: Robby Naylor, Investigator

@Truthbetold77

After looking on the Okaloosa County Sheriff's website's Contact page, it looks like his email is probably rnaylor@sheriff-okaloosa.org

His email is not listed specifically but of the email addresses that are listed, the format is first initial of first name then last name spelled out then @ sheriff-okaloosa.org.

If you are going to make a phone call, there are phone numbers on the page I linked to below that are supposed to go directly to their investigations department but I would call the number in NamUs first.

Contact | Okaloosa County Sheriff's Office

@Truthbetold77

After looking on the Okaloosa County Sheriff's website's Contact page, it looks like his email is probably rnaylor@sheriff-okaloosa.org

His email is not listed specifically but of the email addresses that are listed, the format is first initial of first name then last name spelled out then @ sheriff-okaloosa.org.

If you are going to make a phone call, there are phone numbers on the page I linked to below that are supposed to go directly to their investigations department but I would call the number in NamUs first.

Contact | Okaloosa County Sheriff's Office
Thanks for searching for @Truthbetold77 - I was leaving work yesterday so I didn't have time to look for her.

Here for Andrea. She deserves to be found and deserves justice.

IMO it sounds like she was abducted from her apartment or the area nearby.

So I'm not sure what to make of this part of her CP page:
Andrea D’Anne Durham – The Charley Project
Investigators believe Andrea remained in the area for a short time after she disappeared, but if she was on the streets she probably did not survive long.

Do investigators really believe that she "remained in the area a short time?"
Why would they believe that?

So I'm not sure what to make of this part of her CP page:
Andrea D’Anne Durham – The Charley Project
Investigators believe Andrea remained in the area for a short time after she disappeared, but if she was on the streets she probably did not survive long.

Do investigators really believe that she "remained in the area a short time?"
Why would they believe that?
To me it sounds like they suspect she was a victim of human trafficking. She could have been kidnapped from her apartment and sold locally into the sex industry. With her past brush with the law it makes me believe she had a rebellious streak. I'm sure she would fight her captivity and I'm guessing that's why they believe she wouldn't last long on the streets. All speculation of course.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rangelmcguire
Back