FL FL - Angela Westberry, 17, & Theresa Hickmon, 20, aboard boat Sea Fever, Jacksonville, 1 Dec 1984

I am surprised. Two women, both very young, from two separate families...neither one of them told anyone who their traveling companions were?

Nobody said, "Enjoy your vacation! Who's going with you? Anyone we know?"

It's almost impossible to believe.

Maybe they really were lost at sea, but why weren't either of the men reported missing?

Missing for 30 years yesterday. I haven't looked into this further but I'm confused as to why her companion Theresa Hickmon was reported missing on January 16, 1985. There doesn't appear to be a lot of information out there on either one of them.

Unfortunately this was during the 80's when drug runners where prevalent along the shores of Florida. They would travel back and forth from the islands bringing cocaine and marijuana into Florida on unassuming yachts and cigarette boats. Seeing as the boat was supposed to take the girls to the Bahamas and it was last spotted in Cayman it makes me wonder if the guys told them they where going to the bahamas so the families didn't know where they where really going. Maybe Cayman would have set off red lights that these guys where picking up drugs. I think the girls got involved with some of these drug runners and had no clue what they had gotten themselves into. May have turned bad if they didn't want to go along with it. Another possibility that comes to mind is human trafficking.

I just checked and I do not see a Theresa Hickmon on Namus however. This makes me curious because I don't see a lot of info on her missing when I google. I wonder if they where friends before this boat trip. There seems to be mention that she disappeared a seperate day then Angela (january 1985). So this makes me question if they where friends. It makes me wonder with no NAMUS if she is considered a missing person or witness and connected to the men who owned the boat.

Theresa's Charlie Project. Notice photo was circa 1985 http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/hickmon_theresa.html

I wonder what happened to her? She’s no longer on NCMEC which I find odd

Well I submitted Theresa to NamUs and she’ll be added soon. Angela was removed from NCMEC because it was determined that she is missing outside of the United States and NCMEC is not federally mandated to investigate foreign cases. Her case screams human trafficking and I believe her and Theresa may have been “pimped” out of Florida by these two men.

AvrLy87.jpg

Bumping for Angela, Missing for 36 years today.

Theresa Hickmon's case came up on the NamUs Dashboard today so must have had some kind of update.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

I hope these two women were not in the kind of situation some are speculating, but sadly it sounds probable. I assume they thought they were just having a temporary adventure or trip but they were abducted. IMO.

Theresa Hickmon's case came up on the NamUs Dashboard today so must have had some kind of update.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

I hope these two women were not in the kind of situation some are speculating, but sadly it sounds probable. I assume they thought they were just having a temporary adventure or trip but they were abducted. IMO.
That’s great! I submitted her in 2019 and it appears as though she’s finally made it on there.

Unfortunately this was during the 80's when drug runners were prevalent along the shores of Florida. They would travel back and forth from the islands bringing cocaine and marijuana into Florida on unassuming yachts and cigarette boats. Seeing as the boat was supposed to take the girls to the Bahamas and it was last spotted in Cayman it makes me wonder if the guys told them they where going to the bahamas so the families didn't know where they where really going. Maybe Cayman would have set off red lights that these guys were picking up drugs. I think the girls got involved with some of these drug runners and had no clue what they had gotten themselves into. May have turned bad if they didn't want to go along with it. Another possibility that comes to mind is human trafficking.
My Aunt is actually Angela Westberry. We have all prayed for years for some answers and some type of peace. The girls were friends, they worked at local restaurant together, they were suppose to go with the guys to the Bahamas for the weekend. My Aunt told her mom (my nana) that. My nana also received 2 phone calls from my aunt. On the first one she was happy and it was later discovered that it was near the Bahamas when that call was made, but on the second call she sounded nervous and it was discovered it was near Cayman Island tracking back toward Florida. At first they thought maybe her friend had apart in the disappearance because she wasn’t reported so that’s why dates are off as well. I wish back then could have gotten records of the boat in the Cayman Islands but it being out of the USA you couldn’t. We pray daily for some answers. My Nana and grandpa always held onto the fact that maybe she was under protection so when that 20 year Mark came and went there hope we went with that, but then they still held onto her. There’s been several Jane Does over the years that the Feds have contacted our family for blood and it not be her. All we can do is pray and hope that if she did pass it was fast and that we will see her again in heaven. I wish someone would talk and find the men that were with them, someone knows something. These men supposedly ate where the girls worked all the time.

December will mark 39 years missing...

Angelia Loraine Westberry

LINK:

My Aunt is actually Angela Westberry. We have all prayed for years for some answers and some type of peace. The girls were friends, they worked at local restaurant together, they were suppose to go with the guys to the Bahamas for the weekend. My Aunt told her mom (my nana) that. My nana also received 2 phone calls from my aunt. On the first one she was happy and it was later discovered that it was near the Bahamas when that call was made, but on the second call she sounded nervous and it was discovered it was near Cayman Island tracking back toward Florida. At first they thought maybe her friend had apart in the disappearance because she wasn’t reported so that’s why dates are off as well. I wish back then could have gotten records of the boat in the Cayman Islands but it being out of the USA you couldn’t. We pray daily for some answers. My Nana and grandpa always held onto the fact that maybe she was under protection so when that 20 year Mark came and went there hope we went with that, but then they still held onto her. There’s been several Jane Does over the years that the Feds have contacted our family for blood and it not be her. All we can do is pray and hope that if she did pass it was fast and that we will see her again in heaven. I wish someone would talk and find the men that were with them, someone knows something. These men supposedly ate where the girls worked all the time.
Hi, welcome to websleuths. Do you know the guy's she wents with names? First name is ok. I found a Sea Fever boat The comments claim it is the original Sea Fever boat. I have read that FBI never found the boat and it was never seen again after Cayman. If it's the same boat it was sold to a Boston family and then to this guy on the post. Sea Fever

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back