FL FL - Angela Westberry, 17, & Theresa Hickmon, 20, Jacksonville, 1 Dec 1984

Discussion in '1980's Missing' started by Richard, May 27, 2005.

1. emeraldine

emeraldine New Member

I am surprised. Two women, both very young, from two separate families...neither one of them told anyone who their traveling companions were?

Nobody said, "Enjoy your vacation! Who's going with you? Anyone we know?"

It's almost impossible to believe.

Maybe they really were lost at sea, but why weren't either of the men reported missing?

2. JusticeWillBeServed

JusticeWillBeServed Well-Known Member

Missing for 30 years yesterday. I haven't looked into this further but I'm confused as to why her companion Theresa Hickmon was reported missing on January 16, 1985. There doesn't appear to be a lot of information out there on either one of them.

3. Sleuthster

Sleuthster Well-Known Member

Unfortunately this was during the 80's when drug runners where prevalent along the shores of Florida. They would travel back and forth from the islands bringing cocaine and marijuana into Florida on unassuming yachts and cigarette boats. Seeing as the boat was supposed to take the girls to the Bahamas and it was last spotted in Cayman it makes me wonder if the guys told them they where going to the bahamas so the families didn't know where they where really going. Maybe Cayman would have set off red lights that these guys where picking up drugs. I think the girls got involved with some of these drug runners and had no clue what they had gotten themselves into. May have turned bad if they didn't want to go along with it. Another possibility that comes to mind is human trafficking.

4. ICNFan2016

ICNFan2016 New Member

No offense, but I wonder why Angela Westberry's case is no longer on the NCMEC web site.

5. Sleuthster

6. Sleuthster

I just checked and I do not see a Theresa Hickmon on Namus however. This makes me curious because I don't see a lot of info on her missing when I google. I wonder if they where friends before this boat trip. There seems to be mention that she disappeared a seperate day then Angela (january 1985). So this makes me question if they where friends. It makes me wonder with no NAMUS if she is considered a missing person or witness and connected to the men who owned the boat.

Theresa's Charlie Project. Notice photo was circa 1985 http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/hickmon_theresa.html

7. ICNFan2016

ICNFan2016 New Member

8. Mysteries1974

Mysteries1974 Martha Jean Lambert - Missing since 1985

I wonder what happened to her? She’s no longer on NCMEC which I find odd

9. Mysteries1974

Mysteries1974 Martha Jean Lambert - Missing since 1985

Well I submitted Theresa to NamUs and she’ll be added soon. Angela was removed from NCMEC because it was determined that she is missing outside of the United States and NCMEC is not federally mandated to investigate foreign cases. Her case screams human trafficking and I believe her and Theresa may have been “pimped” out of Florida by these two men.

Sleuthster likes this.