FL FL - April Emeleine Moody, 26, Lake Placid, 1 Nov 1990

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
Original

APRIL WENTWORTH MOODY
Missing Person / NamUs #MP61412
April Emeleine Moody

Female, White / Caucasian
Height 5' 2" - 62' 0" (62 - 744 Inches)
Weight 120 lbs

Hair Color Blond/Strawberry
Head Hair Description Shoulder length
Eye Color Hazel

Circumstances
Date of Last Contact November 1, 1990
NamUs Case Created November 7, 2019
Last Known Location Map
Location Lake Placid, Florida 33852
Highlands County

Circumstances of Disappearance

April was last seen on 11/09/1990, at Rodney's bar in Lake Placid in the company of two males .

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

HCSO has her as 36 when she went missing. Not much other info out there. UNSOLVED MAJOR CASES
I couldn’t find a place called Rodney’s Bar on the map. I found Rodney’s Marathon gas station nearby. I wonder if it is the same owner.

“April Wentworth Moody was last known to be alive at the age of 36 in November of 1990 in Highlands County. During the time period, she was last living at 100 Parkland Drive Lake Placid Florida. She was possibly last seen around Rodney's Bar in Lake Placid on Nov. 9, 1990.”

I couldn’t find a place called Rodney’s Bar on the map. I found Rodney’s Marathon gas station nearby. I wonder if it is the same owner.

“April Wentworth Moody was last known to be alive at the age of 36 in November of 1990 in Highlands County. During the time period, she was last living at 100 Parkland Drive Lake Placid Florida. She was possibly last seen around Rodney's Bar in Lake Placid on Nov. 9, 1990.”
I can't either. I even looked for the corporate or ficticious name on Sunbiz. There was a Rodney's lounge and Rodney's Jamaican bar but neither was in that part of Florida.

There is very little info about April......but she is recently added, maybe more info will follow. What about Sanibel Island Jane Doe? Found in 1995. She has some distinct characteristics. If there is more info coming about April, it wouldn't be difficult to rule her in or out JMO. Don't ask me where she stayed between 1990 en 1995. FL - FL - Sanibel Island, White Female, 30-50, '95, #UP5316 // Floating In The Gulf, Oct 1995

I also couldn't find Rodney's Bar in LP, FL.

Original
Original

April Emeleine Wentworth
Event Type: Marriage
Event Date: 25 Feb 1983
Event Place: Miami-Dade, Florida, United States

Dale Randolph Moody from tree Moody/Ranard Family Tree
Record information.
Birth date date 1964 Miami-Dade, Florida, USA
Marriage dd mm year city, Miami-Dade, Florida, USA
Residence Florida, USA
Death date date year city, Columbia, Florida, USA
Record information.
Spouse April Emeleine Wentworth (Born 1964)

Florida Divorce Index, 1927-2001
Name: Dale Moody
Event Type: Divorce
Event Date: 15 Jun 1990
Event Place: Miami-Dade, Florida
Spouse's Name: April
Certificate Number: 034123

A sad detail: shortly after their marriage a daughter was born, they lost their baby in 1984, only 4 months old.

So according to some files (I think this is the right April) She is born in 1964, so she would have been 26 yrs when she went missing. Also she went missing just a couple of months after she divorced Dale Moody.

Last edited:
S
April Emeleine Wentworth
Event Type: Marriage
Event Date: 25 Feb 1983
Event Place: Miami-Dade, Florida, United States

Dale Randolph Moody from tree Moody/Ranard Family Tree
Record information.
Birth date date 1964 Miami-Dade, Florida, USA
Marriage dd mm year city, Miami-Dade, Florida, USA
Residence Florida, USA
Death date date year city, Columbia, Florida, USA
Record information.
Spouse April Emeleine Wentworth (Born 1964)

Florida Divorce Index, 1927-2001
Name: Dale Moody
Event Type: Divorce
Event Date: 15 Jun 1990
Event Place: Miami-Dade, Florida
Spouse's Name: April
Certificate Number: 034123

A sad detail: shortly after their marriage a daughter was born, they lost their baby in 1984, only 4 months old.

So according to some files (I think this is the right April) She is born in 1964, so she would have been 26 yrs when she went missing. Also she went missing just a couple of months after she divorced Dale Moody.
Sadly, he is deceased Dale Randolph Moody (1964 - 2017) - ForeverMissed.com Online Memorials

Even through Way Back Machine and Facebook I couldn't find a trace of Rodney's Bar....How strange.

Have to do the stats:

MP missing date 11/1/1990, 26 years, born in 1964, would have been 28 in 2012.
UID found 4/11/2012
PMI 7 - 2o years, Namus probably year of death 1992-2005, age approx. 60-80 years...would mean she was born between 1932 - 1952 No match

Edit: typo's

I keep going back to her home address 100 Park Land Dr. Lake Placid, FL. It’s located on the corner of Park Land Dr and State Road 70. When you look at the satellite map, it appears this is now a commercial business. At the time though, it may have had a mobile home on that parcel. It could have been they rented, or they possibly owned the land but never built a house. Lots of people put a mobile home in, then build later on. You'd have to go back and find the property records to verify. The houses on Park Land Dr. are good sized and valued 200-300k on parcels of land.

It makes me wonder if the “possibly at Rodney’s Bar” was a rumor not based on any facts. Who mentioned this tidbit? Did they ever search the property on Park Land Dr? If there were a mobile home there, there would have been a septic tank. Lots of people in rural areas have heavy equipment. Lots of private ponds are rarely dredged.

The loss of a child and subsequent marriage would have left her in deep despair. Did domestic violence play a role at any point? Who are her remaining relatives?

I remember that I found a bar where "a" Rodney was bartender, singing and playing the Piano...but it was not in Lake Placid, Fl.

Makes you wonder....there must be somebody (I think family or as close friend) who filed her missing just recently....Namus file created: November 7, 2019

Have to do the stats:

MP missing date 11/1/1990, 26 years, born in 1964, would have been 28 in 2012.
UID found 4/11/2012
PMI 7 - 2o years, Namus probably year of death 1992-2005, age approx. 60-80 years...would mean she was born between 1932 - 1952 No match

Edit: typo's

Just checking a typo .. MP 26 years, born in 1964 would have been 48 in 2012. Still no match on the dates.

But, they sure look similar.

Calculating, although most of the time, I do fine...is not one of my favorite hobbies :)

But it will clear up a lot of things if you do the stats....I don't believe in matching somebody just by looks...Yes..mistakes can be made....but in this case it's quit clear to me...no match.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dressie
Back