FL FL - Austin Stephanos & Perry Cohen, both 14, Jupiter, 24 July 2015 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guarantee the parents are not reading websleuths. But someone might read our comments about what went wrong and change their future behavior, saving themselves or their kids.

This tragedy has already caused EPIRBs to fly off the shelves.

ITA. Here's a youtube radar link that shows the coast on 7/24/15 from 12:00-5:00pm. It shows the storm front blowing in west to east (be sure to pick out Jupiter):

https://youtu.be/Dua_Nw2now8

Also notice how long the storm stays together at sea after leaving the coast. Ugh.

Thanks for finding that.

It wasn't a typical SF summer thunderstorm that bows itself out quickly. There was a low hanging over the state throwing storms non stop. The weather report warned we would be having bad weather for a few days as a result of the low.

I guarantee the parents are not reading websleuths. But someone might read our comments about what went wrong and change their future behavior, saving themselves or their kids.

This tragedy has already caused EPIRBs to fly off the shelves.

They might not be reading it now, but if they see it sometime in the future just imagine how hurtful it will be. jmo and all that.

For those of you who are criticizing the parents of the boys you must stop.

These families are living in hell now and they don't need strangers posting on a board (that is read by people from all over the world)
about what they could've done.

It's like taking a knife and stabbing their hearts again and again.

Your words have power. You get to shut down your computer and all of this goes away but not for the parents. Their nightmare continues.

Please stop.
Tricia

Please don't think I am bashing the parents. My comment above #1016 was meant to say maybe they are trying to get media attention off them. I would say they are feeling the pressure of and I feel for them not knowing what happened. I am sure they are bashing themselves enough and reliving that day over and over again.

Agreed the parents are not reading here currently and doubt they ever will. This is a tragedy that will follow them to their grave. They need no reminder of the erroneous decision that was made that fateful day.

The laughter, smiles, jokes, hugs, "hey Mom", are all gone. Forever. The empty chair at breakfast. The empty bedroom. So sad.

Agreed the parents are not reading here currently and doubt they ever will. This is a tragedy that will follow them to their grave. They need no reminder of the erroneous decision that was made that fateful day.

The laughter, smiles, jokes, hugs, "hey Mom", are all gone. Forever. The empty chair at breakfast. The empty bedroom. So sad.

I agree. I don't think there is any reason for the parents to read here when there is a Facebook group with 300k people talking about their sons, if they want to know what the public is saying.

Well that confirms lack of credibility. [modsnip]

The parents very well could be reading here or anywhere else, for that matter.

I feel like the fb group has made it so the parents are living in a complete bubble that there is no way they will willingly read anything that is not guaranteed to be positive.

After watching that video of the storm that day I have no doubt they died quickly.They could have been knocked out with the boat or cooler.The water was rough just don't see how they could have stayed afloat without a life jacket.They probably went into shock,I know I would have,maybe one tried to save the other and they fought it and both went down.The fact is they just weren't prepared for this type of event.I think the parents deep down know but, they want them back.To not have a body and lost at sea is so tragic.We all know what happens in water after a short period of time.I feel they will never get them back,between sharks,salt water,and heat.they are gone.I can't even begin to imagine how they feel.They will always look at the water and think where are they.There will always be never ending questions.As I read about other cases,I now know that the worst thing in the world is not knowing,those that are missing and never found.To me it would mean looking in every nook and corner for the rest of my life.Just to get a glimpse of hope would be a miracle.One of my favorite books that has always stuck with me is The Road Less Traveled and the book opens with the words "Life is difficult." Once you accept that, it becomes a lot easier.

He is presumed drowned, having capsized in a storm. There is also a photo list of items to Be on the lookout for: white shrimping boots, either a 35 or 65 quart white Yeti cooler, orange standard life jackets, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa