FL FL - Barbara Barkley, 19, Pinellas Park, 29 May 1981

Disregard the Bobby joe long post. He was active in 1984 for seven or eight months.
Yes he moved to Tampa Bay area from the east coast of Florida in 1983. He was however active in sexual assaults and robbery of women in 1981 through classified ads in Ft Lauderdale area I believe. Anything is possible. There is no rhyme or reason in the victims or areas they could go to. I believe Bobby Joe Long probably has other victims we may never know about in addition to the 10 homicides he was credited with. Doubt he decided to kill in 1984 over an 8 month period and didn't do it before

Tampa serial killer Bobby Joe long was in the Tampa area in 1978​

Disregard the Bobby joe long post. He was active in 1984 for seven or eight months.

Tampa serial killer Bobby Joe long was in the Tampa area in 1978​

Attachments

• 04A0BCDF-EF27-44D6-81B9-E84EBDE8E862.png
    04A0BCDF-EF27-44D6-81B9-E84EBDE8E862.png
    109.1 KB · Views: 2
Trace Evidence Podcast just released an episode about Barbara's disappearance

Nineteen year old Barbara Jean "Bobbie" Barkley arrived for a normal day of work at the pipe furniture store in Pinellas Park, Florida on Friday, May 29th, 1981. Less than three hours later she had mysteriously vanished.

There were no signs of a struggle, no indications of where Bobbie may have gone. Left behind were her purse and her cigarettes; the only things missing were Bobbie and her 1973 Plymouth Fury. While, at first, her family thought there might be a reasonable explanation, investigators were immediately concerned.

Less than a year earlier, two other women had vanished under similar circumstances from within the same area. Police found one body, but the other remained missing. Soon it became a race against time to determine if Bobbie had been targeted by someone she knew or if she'd fallen victim to a yet unknown serial killer.

Trace Evidence Podcast just released an episode about Barbara's disappearance

Nineteen year old Barbara Jean "Bobbie" Barkley arrived for a normal day of work at the pipe furniture store in Pinellas Park, Florida on Friday, May 29th, 1981. Less than three hours later she had mysteriously vanished.

There were no signs of a struggle, no indications of where Bobbie may have gone. Left behind were her purse and her cigarettes; the only things missing were Bobbie and her 1973 Plymouth Fury. While, at first, her family thought there might be a reasonable explanation, investigators were immediately concerned.

Less than a year earlier, two other women had vanished under similar circumstances from within the same area. Police found one body, but the other remained missing. Soon it became a race against time to determine if Bobbie had been targeted by someone she knew or if she'd fallen victim to a yet unknown serial killer.
1982 Wendy Huggy disappeared. Less then a year after Barbara Barkley disappeared. She was last heard from in Clearwater at Countryside Mall, at least that's where she told her grandparents she was calling from. Oct 8 1983 Rose Haney's decomposing body was found in Oldsmar. She was pressumed to have runaway on Oct 4th from her home in Oldsmar. This is not far from Clearwater Countryside area. Cynthia Marie Clements was found murdered on Oct 14 1980 in Pinellas Park. Pinellas Park is just south of Clearwater btw. I always wondered why Wendy's missing person case is handled out of Pasco county. Because she resided there? She went missing from Clearwater. It does seem strange thinking about it tonight that BB went missing less then a year after Wendy. Coincidence? I'd never really thought about it before.

1982 Wendy Huggy disappeared. Less then a year after Barbara Barkley disappeared. She was last heard from in Clearwater at Countryside Mall, at least that's where she told her grandparents she was calling from. Oct 8 1983 Rose Haney's decomposing body was found in Oldsmar. She was pressumed to have runaway on Oct 4th from her home in Oldsmar. This is not far from Clearwater Countryside area. Cynthia Marie Clements was found murdered on Oct 14 1980 in Pinellas Park. Pinellas Park is just south of Clearwater btw. I always wondered why Wendy's missing person case is handled out of Pasco county. Because she resided there? She went missing from Clearwater. It does seem strange thinking about it tonight that BB went missing less then a year after Wendy. Coincidence? I'd never really thought about it before.

Attachments

• 1BEE723F-969D-4531-B381-800D8D7E653F.jpeg
    1BEE723F-969D-4531-B381-800D8D7E653F.jpeg
    246.6 KB · Views: 8
Yes Patty Action also in 1978. She left the Ramada Inn lounge with out saying bye to her friends. Her car, similarly to Barbara Barkley's, was found abandoned. Barbara's in Clearwater and Patty's in Tarpon Springs near Anderson Park. I know a lot about these women who are missing or their bodies were found. In 1982 it was my dad's female friend Phyllis Jean Senneker who was found murdered in her home in Cloarwater about a week after my friend Wendy Huggy went missing. It destroyed my father to know someone could have no empathy or compassion for her. Left her to die after stabbing her dozens of times. The difference is that they arrested an convicted Francis Husted for her murder and he admitted it saying he didn't realize it was so easy to kill someone. Tonight after 40 years of telling myself I would never do it I am questioning if Mr. Husted is just a liar and responsible for so many others or is he a liar that did not kill Phyllis and just wanted to go back to prison because he'd spent a good part of his life there and even voiced he was glad to be going back. Did someone else kill her I wonder and where there other victims of his like Barbara and Patty and Rose and Cynthia. The first time in 40 years I have doubt.

Case Number : 81-49062(Missing Person Presumed Deceased)
Date/Time: May 29, 1981 between 10:00 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.
Victim: Barkley, Barbara; W/F 19 years of age

Barbara Barkley Missing Person Photo

On May 29, 1981 Barbara Barkley disappeared from her place of employment, a retail store that sold PVC pipe furniture located at 9627 - 66 Street North Pinellas Park. Barkley was working alone in the business at the time of her disappearance. Her vehicle was later located in a parking lot at the southwest corner of U.S. Highway 19 and State Road 60 in Clearwater.

Case Number : 81-49062(Missing Person Presumed Deceased)
Date/Time: May 29, 1981 between 10:00 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.
Victim: Barkley, Barbara; W/F 19 years of age

Barbara Barkley Missing Person Photo

On May 29, 1981 Barbara Barkley disappeared from her place of employment, a retail store that sold PVC pipe furniture located at 9627 - 66 Street North Pinellas Park. Barkley was working alone in the business at the time of her disappearance. Her vehicle was later located in a parking lot at the southwest corner of U.S. Highway 19 and State Road 60 in Clearwater.

Barbara Jean Barkley
Missing since May 29, 1981 from Pinellas Park, Florida
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics
Date Of Birth: December 19, 1961
Age at Time of Disappearance: 19 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'4"; 135 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; brown eyes.

Circumstances of Disappearance

On May 29, 1981 Barbara Barkley disappeared from her place of employment, a retail store that sold PVC pipe furniture located at 9627 66 Street North Pinellas Park.

Barkley was working alone in the business at the time of her disappearance.

Her vehicle was later located in a parking lot at the southwest corner of US Higway 19 and State Road 60 in Clearwater.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Pinellas Park Police Department
Detective M. Lynch
727-541-0797

Agency Case Number: 81-49062

Source Information:

Pinellas Park Police Department
FDLE
The Doe Network: Case File 1724DFFL

LINK:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1724dffl.html
BBarkley.jpg
BBarkley1.jpg
I have been on the doe network looking for possible matches for Barbara Barkley when I ran across 66UFFL
According to doe the pictures of this girl and boy who were bound and gagged were found in port St joe convince store parking lot. I am puzzled by the picture with the man and the girl.Is that the PoI, who is he?? He is not mentioned in that post on Doe Network.I have attached all three photos.
Are they in a van or in a house or what.

Attachments

• A276D4F5-CE54-4C69-A76B-FD80C82A348F.jpeg
    A276D4F5-CE54-4C69-A76B-FD80C82A348F.jpeg
    57.7 KB · Views: 11
  • ADEA1C59-1BE3-474A-8A92-BAAECFB0330C.jpeg
    ADEA1C59-1BE3-474A-8A92-BAAECFB0330C.jpeg
    61 KB · Views: 10
  • 655A76BB-06E0-44AA-88E5-474CE739B6B7.jpeg
    655A76BB-06E0-44AA-88E5-474CE739B6B7.jpeg
    34.3 KB · Views: 9

Staff online

Members online