Identified! FL - Big Cypress Natl Preserve, Male Hiker, Denim & “Mostly Harmless” July 2018 - Vance Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing as people are being proactive on here I thought I'd email a Brooklyn game studio. Maybe they can tweet it.
Well I don't think this is going anywhere, I emailed the main address info@... and got a reply saying they'd set up an account for me and had a link to verify.

Obviously nobody is going to read the email.

I'll try to find an alternative email address.

Posted on Glens Falls Police Department’s official FB page:

“Glens Falls Police received information that Collier County Sheriff's Office in Florida is asking for the public's assistance in the identification of a subject who was hiking the Appalachian Trail and found deceased in their jurisdiction. Information was provided that the subject may be from New York and possibly the Lake George area. Police are asking for assistance in identifying the subject (photos are in the provided linked post). If you have any information or know who the subject is please contact the Glens Falls Police Department at (518) 761-3840 or the Collier County Sheriff's Office in Florida at (239) 252-9300 . Please share the post. There is further information available on the Collier County Sheriff's Office facebook page by clicking on the following link. (https://www.facebook.com/colliersheriff/).”

Glens Falls Police Department

I think this case is just about to break! That podcast is very compelling and the original FB post on the Collier Co sheriff page has been pinging with shares all afternoon...
Fingers crossed for all that have been following along x

“[SBM]

In recent weeks police in Florida have developed information that the man may be from New York and possibly the Lake George area, which led them to contact police in Glens Falls and ask for the public's assistance.

Glens Falls Police Detective Lt. Peter Casertino said local police learned from investigators in Florida that a person who hiked with the man recalled that he said he had worked in the computer information technology industry in the Lake George area at one point.

[SBM]” (BBM)
So both Brooklyn and Lake George?
Local police look to identify hiker who died | Local | poststar.com

Post on the paper’s FB page:
The Post-Star

Didn’t somebody earlier in the thread say some of his gear may have been purchased up toward lake placid? Or am I not remembering correctly?
Adirondack outfitters possibly? That’s where I buy all of my gear that’s why I’m wondering.

We know a bit about the tent purchase which is believed to have been purchased in Georgia. The details of the backpack are few and far between.

We need more details about the backpack.

Interesting post 2 hours ago under the original Collier Co Sheriff FB post
Collier County Sheriff's Office
[RSBM]
Ruled out:
[SBM]
Robert Wayne Roush
Jeffrey Alan Boughton
Michael Robinson
Joel Matthew Thompson
Kris Fowler
Trevor Nichols
Kevin Mitchell

Other MP's suggested on CCSO fb page (but Sheriff has not replied yet):

[RSBM]

(I will check today to see if there are any new replies on the above)

RSABBM for focus
Bringing forward this post by @Gardener1850 found upthread.

(I guess that’s all I am going to say since we are not allowed to discuss SM comments ;))

Last edited:
Didn’t somebody earlier in the thread say some of his gear may have been purchased up toward lake placid? Or am I not remembering correctly?
Adirondack outfitters possibly? That’s where I buy all of my gear that’s why I’m wondering.

That was only us speculating based on the the manufacturer's website which lists major retailers that carry Brook Range Mountaineering brand gear. The podcast revealed that the tent was bought in Georgia at a small hiking store/hostel along the trail. That store was not listed on the Brooks Range website as an authorized seller. There are currently no sellers of Brooks Range listed on the manufacturers website that are located on the AT-- the closest location is in the Adirondacks. IMO that brand may not be sold along the AT anymore because the owner of the store/hostel in Georgia said he had difficulty selling the tent. That tent was made around 2012-2013 but it did not sell in the Georgia shop until Nov 2017. At $300 it might have been too expensive for the average AT hiker. MOO.

Last edited:
“[SBM]

In recent weeks police in Florida have developed information that the man may be from New York and possibly the Lake George area, which led them to contact police in Glens Falls and ask for the public's assistance.

Glens Falls Police Detective Lt. Peter Casertino said local police learned from investigators in Florida that a person who hiked with the man recalled that he said he had worked in the computer information technology industry in the Lake George area at one point.

[SBM]” (BBM)
So both Brooklyn and Lake George?
Local police look to identify hiker who died | Local | poststar.com

Post on the paper’s FB page:
The Post-Star

@SugarQueen wanted to make sure you saw this. I think this may be info learned from your tip about the Unionville hikers. We have to be getting close now. All they need is one person who knows him to see his photo.

Last edited:
RSABBM for focus

(I guess that’s all I am going to say since we are not allowed to discuss SM comments ;))

RWR was literally the first person I suggested on the first page of this thread. It was sent in by another poster and the reply was it was not him. I don't see anything LE could have used to rule out RWR other than it says he has Hazel eyes instead of blue: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
If that's what happened (ruled out by eye color) someone seriously dropped the ball here. MOO. Perhaps he was ruled out by dental records?

That was only us speculating based on the the manufacturer's website which lists major retailers that carry Brook Range Mountaineering brand gear. The podcast revealed that the tent was bought in Georgia at a small hiking store/hostel along the trail. That store was not listed on the Brooks Range website as an authorized seller. There are currently no sellers of Brooks Range listed on the manufacturers website that are located on the AT-- the closest locate is in the Adirondacks. IMO that brand may not be sold along the AT anymore because the owner of the store/hostel in Georgia said he had difficulty selling the tent. That tent was made around 2012-2013 but it did not sell in the Georgia shop until Nov 2017. At $300 it might have been too expensive for the average AT hiker. MOO.
Thank you. I’m just wracking my brain right now. I hope this is close to being solved.

RWR was literally the first person I suggested on the first page of this thread. It was sent in by another poster and the reply was it was not him. I don't see anything LE could have used to rule out RWR other than it says he has Hazel eyes instead of blue: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
If that's what happened (ruled out by eye color) someone seriously dropped the ball here. MOO. Perhaps he was ruled out by dental records?
I agree and I wonder.

RSABBM for focus

Sorry! I think you are referring to a different comment...
The one I saw refererred to a period of convalescence with a family member in Central Florida before returning to the trail...this would match up with the gap in sightings in the south.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members