Identified! FL - Big Cypress Natl Preserve, Male Hiker, Denim & “Mostly Harmless” Jul'18 - Vance Rodriguez #5

Hmmm. I don't think of him as a bad, bad man.
I never agreed with that trailer and actually fought with the director over it. He wasn’t a bad bad man. He was mentally ill and that characterization has me livid. I fought with the director over that last night. I don’t like stigmatizing the mentally ill to be told I wasnt

I never agreed with that trailer and actually fought with the director over it. He wasn’t a bad bad man. He was mentally ill and that characterization has me livid. I fought with the director over that last night. I don’t like stigmatizing the mentally ill to be told I wasnt.
Probably 98% of the population have never heard of MH and 90% of the population will never see it, but if my name was linked to a production that was taking my words and characterizing him as a bad man, I think you could either ask your name to be removed from the credits or some other type of intervention to avoid the rabid fans of MH who have elevated him to a mythic creature.

Probably 98% of the population have never heard of MH and 90% of the population will never see it, but if my name was linked to a production that was taking my words and characterizing him as a bad man, I think you could either ask your name to be removed from the credits or some other type of intervention to avoid the rabid fans of MH who have elevated him to a mythic creature.
I’ve already asked. I told them last night I wish they had just edited me out. I was told that they werent stigmatizing mental illness which they are. I’ve fought with the director constantly. She doesn’t understand. I went off when she started making comments about the doe community. Talking to them is like a brick wall. They don’t get it. I gave the long convo of his friend and I after she sent me the tip. They didn’t even look at it. It’s pretty clear

This wasn’t even remotely the story I was pitched. She doesn’t get they leaned into Nicholas Thompsons narrative. She keeps saying she hasn’t and yes they did

it must be so frustrating for you. Are you able to share what you were pitched ?
I was pitched that basically the unidentified would be discussed. It’s really not. It’s floating in the background. I’m to the point of considering retirement from doing does

I was pitched that basically the unidentified would be discussed. It’s really not. It’s floating in the background. I’m to the point of considering retirement from doing does
That’s such a shame that they changed it and that it has made you feel that way. The trailer was surprising to me as it seemed more sensationalist than I expected.

Can you give a brief synopsis of the film? <modsnip>
First hour is snark between Christie and Natasha, last half hour gives a snapshot of Othram and the mental health challenges Vance faced in his life.

I did not go to the premiere and am not in the pic. A friend who went sent me pics.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, it's fine. I chose to take a back seat after my last story published and I'll have to live with it.

I didn't see the Daily Mail report and damn glad I didn't. I don't plan to watch this "documentary", I don't plan to read any additional writings. Your investigative work and pensive (as well as noetic) words are all I want to remember about this case.

First hour is snark between Christie and Natasha, last half hour gives a snapshot of Othram and the mental health challenges Vance faced in his life.

I did not go to the premiere and am not in the pic. A friend who went sent me pics.
Oh sorry, I misunderstood. I thought when you said you were in it, you meant that pic. Would the premiere be the first time anyone associated with the film would get to view it?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back