Identified! FL - Big Cypress Natl Preserve, Male Hiker, Denim & “Mostly Harmless” July 2018 - Vance Rodriguez #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daniel Macchiarella
Can find no updates since originally missing in 2015. Has a brother named Ben.

Family, Police Search For Missing Waterford Man Who May Be Off Prescribed Medication

I find the facial resemblance quite striking, and the fact that MH talked to other hikers about having lost a lot of weight could tie into Daniel's description of weighing 210 lbs when he went missing in 2015. But Daniel's description also lists his height as 6'0", and MH's description from Collier County says he's only 5'8". I don't know if physical wasting, indicated by MH's remarkably low weight when his body was found, could also contribute to a loss of height (like osteoporosis does) over the course of months, or if a 4" loss of height is something that could be expected in the early days of decomposition.

(ETA: ooops, I didn't see @Classito 's post when I wrote this. )

Last edited:
In a missing post on FB his brother says Daniels eyes are blue...it looks as he was found as there are newer photos of him on family pages

Tried to find any updates but nope....he has the softness in his eyes...very good find. Not sure about his teeth...it's not very clear but it seems he has something going on with his upper dentals..maybe it's just a shadow/light. Classito posted about the fact that he was probably found....Can we have a look too?

Whoa amazing find!! I think this is the closest resemblance to MH we have found so far! Great job!

@Classito, is it new pictures of him? Or is it possible it’s old pictures that they recently uploaded?
I would be interested to know if Daniel's middle name starts with "N" -- giving him the initials DNM

Looking around on FB I believe the missing Daniel was found and has posted pictures of himself & updates as recently as last month. I am quite sure Daniel is not the deceased UI man.
I found the same thing and he's 100% alive and well(ish). He's also bipolar and I'm going to say MH was definitely not.

Well I'm glad that Daniel is alive and reasonably safe, but I wish we could find MH's name so he can be respectfully laid to rest and his life not forgotten. Then again, that may be what he wished, as he pursued a life of anonymity, with no apparent close ties. This search for his identity could reflect more of our (and our society's) beliefs and sentiments than his.

Self delete. Didn't see that Daniel had been found safe.

Deleted by myself......wrong thread.......

Last edited:
I just read the information about Ian Burnett again..The first time around I just scanned quickly and moved on due to the time he has been missing and his age. Ian was a software engineer according to his linkedin page and was into and had programmed dozens of games. He had been on his own for a few years and was working. He went to NYC in 2011 to visit friends he hardly knew, according to his brother, for New Years Eve and was last seen on Dec 30, 2011. His parents heard from him on the 28th and a friend heard from him on the 30th. Ian took his ID and credit card with him and left everything else behind. He last used his credit card on Dec 30 at Metro and on Dec 31 at a Burger King. LE do not believe foul play was involved.

NY - NY - Ian Burnet, 22, New York City, 26 Dec 2011
FIND IAN BURNET

Original

Age missing 22
5'8 to 5'10
Brown hair
Green eyes

According to his dad..this is probably the last photo Ian took on his phone

last photo.jpg

I just read the information about Ian Burnett again..The first time around I just scanned quickly and moved on due to the time he has been missing and his age. Ian was a software engineer according to his linkedin page and was into and had programmed dozens of games. He had been on his own for a few years and was working. He went to NYC in 2011 to visit friends he hardly knew, according to his brother, for New Years Eve and was last seen on Dec 30, 2011. His parents heard from him on the 28th and a friend heard from him on the 30th. Ian took his ID and credit card with him and left everything else behind. He last used his credit card on Dec 30 at Metro and on Dec 31 at a Burger King. LE do not believe foul play was involved.

NY - NY - Ian Burnet, 22, New York City, 26 Dec 2011
FIND IAN BURNET

Original

Age missing 22
5'8 to 5'10
Brown hair
Green eyes

According to his dad..this is probably the last photo Ian took on his phone

View attachment 184963
It looks like he had very curly hair. I don't think MH did

As one ages..natural curls drop ... also heat and the wearing of a hat can flatten the curls--MH had wavy hair according to the drawing...

Burnet was a senior engineering, mathematics and physics major at Virginia Commonwealth University at the time of his disappearance, and lived in Richmond, Virginia. Very tough major..I could see someon dropping off the face of the earth. I know an engineering major and he almost had a complete breakdown his sophomore year, its tough and requires extensive study time & effort & the pressure immense. Many of these kids are over achievers & have a hard time if they arent just as exceptional compared to peers. I hear kids melting down over a B and these are adults. He was a senior with a 3.875 GPA this kid was well on his way, and this doesnt suggest that he struggled. But still, the pressure to maintain that, was the pressure too much? Could be a reason to hit the trail and snap a pic of a trail as his last photo? Can somebody pull a side by side, I am terrible at this from my phone lol? Its a long period of time to be in the elements and not age in a profound way IMO but he just doesn't quite look the same as MH IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth