Identified! FL - Big Cypress Natl Preserve, Male Hiker, Denim & “Mostly Harmless” July 2018 - Vance Rodriguez #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• 40E5A7F8-D2E3-4837-A70B-74DB1AE85749.png
    40E5A7F8-D2E3-4837-A70B-74DB1AE85749.png
    793.4 KB · Views: 151
  • 74DAD91A-8F67-47EB-B2E3-5C2F5AE40B63.jpeg
    74DAD91A-8F67-47EB-B2E3-5C2F5AE40B63.jpeg
    41.6 KB · Views: 171
So it does sound like they are keeping the secondary exclusions until perhaps a biometric match can be made. Does Namus use DNA submitted to ancestry sites?
bbm

No, they aren't involved in genetic genealogy. Whole different ballgame.

NIJ, through the NamUs program, provides funding and support for the UNT Center for Human Identification’s (UNTCHI’s) Missing Persons Unit to perform nuclear DNA testing, including Y-STR, and mitochondrial DNA analyses for missing and unidentified persons cases from around the country. UNTCHI is a recognized ISO accredited CODIS laboratory, and one of a small number of laboratories capable of developing and uploading mitochondrial DNA profiles to CODIS.
https://www.justice.gov/usao-ndia/page/file/1196706/download

Sorry I was just trying to id him. People look different as they age and since the missing person I posted has been missing all those years surly he looks different. Sorry again but when I came here years ago I came to help. Guess I will find a dfferent resource

I hope you reconsider. Your input is always welcome and your efforts are valued by most of us.

There are many reasons there are so many UIDs in our world. Two common reasons include 1) MP overlooked/ruled out due to data entry errors and 2) MP never reported missing. Data entry errors alone could mean FL investigators have already overlooked Denim's MP report. Imo, a new/different profile/picture or a new set of eyes looking at the profile could break the case. We've seen plenty of cases where mistakes, both major and minor, impeded the ID process for decades. Too many of those cases, actually. And as @MadMcGoo mentioned new reports (recent and dated cases) are added daily. Lastly, WS is not LE. Your suggestions here aren't automatically forwarded as a "tip". Suggest away!

The day we start stopping our “counterproductive efforts” is just another day that another case grows one more day colder.

The day every law enforcement agency working these cases goes without overlooking something or inadvertently making a mistake is one for the history books.

The ones who are willing and eager to help find the thousands of people who are missing or help identify the thousands more whose names are yet to be returned to them after death are more often than not the ones law enforcement agencies are thankful for.

These popular databases are also updated almost daily, meaning even more people who need our help are being added as missing or unidentified bodies. This also means names are going to appear that agencies aren’t aware of yet. Yes, they might become aware around the same time as everyone else or maybe they could use the volunteered effort made by someone bringing a fresh lead to their attention.

I’ll be the first to admit that I’ve suggested some ridiculous theories on this site. Theories that, to professionals or seasoned sleuths, are obviously, and very likely, annoying and laughable. But, thanks to some kind members who took the time to provide encouragement and/or constructive criticism, I’ve grown as a “sleuth”.

There’s nothing more discouraging (in my opinion, when it comes to this community) than to have someone suggest or insinuate that I’m wasting my time. Some of us have nothing but time. Which frankly could be spent doing much worse things.

If the Collier County Sheriff’s Office wasn’t open to outside assistance, I have a feeling they’d not be hesitant in letting the public know as much. Sure, repetitive negative match suggestions probably get annoying, but someone is going to find the match. I don’t want to see that someone (because we never know who it could be) give up before then.

So, in my honest and humble opinion, don’t start stopping! :)

(good job on the code/journals by the way!!!)

Thank you! ;)

Transcribed notebook
Imgur

If someone on here originally posted these, I don't mean to step on any toes!
Thank you so much for transcribing this, UPI.
Just a couple of observations, Re: the nutritional information, the Carbohydrates of 300 g and Protein of 50 g are approximately the average daily intake for a normal adult. Which wouldn't apply to someone who had a chronic illness such as say, diabetes or kidney issues.

Then there's the "wafers" in three different sizes. Wafers ?
And then there's "future wafers" in new flavors, as well as "future types" in high protein, super high protein, and extreme protein.
I didn't think so at first, but it's now starting to seem to me as though it could be part of the game. jmo

Last edited:
Thank you so much for transcribing this, UPI.
Just a couple of observations, Re: the nutritional information, the Carbohydrates of 300 g and Protein of 50 g are approximately the average daily intake for a normal adult. Which wouldn't apply to someone who had a chronic illness such as say, diabetes or kidney issues.

Then there's the "wafers" in three different sizes. Wafers ?
And then there's "future wafers" in new flavors, as well as "future types" in high protein, super high protein, and extreme protein.
I didn't think so at first, but it's now starting to seem to me as though it could be part of the game. jmo
@supertaxonomy actually transcribed it! I just found it and brought it to this board :)

Attachments

• B40EF924-592B-4B02-8523-19D09107A94A.png
    B40EF924-592B-4B02-8523-19D09107A94A.png
    425.3 KB · Views: 93
Amazing job - thank you so much! Are you able to tell relatively easily from the journal(s) the dates that they were entered? I wasn't sure of the exact dates but it looks like he was really doing some intense cognitive exercise at least up until a couple of weeks before he died. Would that point to a more rapid physical decline, perhaps? It seems that most people at the end stage of a terminal illness would be unable to formulate such complex ideas (due to pain, exhaustion, lack of nutrition, etc).

Unfortunately no, the "4-1" or "7-2" represents section and subsection, rather than a date of entry. It is fairly uncertain when he wrote, though I suspect nearer to the end than beginning. I believe he had been writing in it in the days prior to his death, considering the notebook was found flipped open next to his body.

Eye color does not match but the shape of the crinkled eyes and shape of the eyebrows look very similar to me. I’m not sure where he could have been in those 7 years. And I would suspect some some sort of accent.

Konstantin Salikhov Missing Brown University Student

Missing man's vehicle found in Vt.

Missing person alert
Ok- this one looks the most facially similar yet. Set of the eyes, ears, jaw, symmetry of the nose. The article below says Konstantin Salikhov was 31 in 2010, so 39 in 2018. He may or may not have had an accent- just because he was from Russia does not mean he was educated there. Could have gone to boarding schools. Apparently he had a 2nd car that was abandoned on the north end of the AT. Some compelling info! From multiple links below:

Mr.Salikhov is 31 years old, 6ft. tall 190 lbs with medium brown hair and brown eyes, he's an avid Runner and loves backpacking/ hiking/ and camping.”

“Mr.Salikhov's own personal vehicle is also missing. It is described as a light colored (no definite color was provided to us) 2003 Hyundai Elantra with the Rhode Island license plate # 712-678.”

“Vermont officials and his family are looking for Konstantin Salikhov, who was last seen on August 21 and whose car was found near the A.T. at Mad Tom Notch. Anyone with information, please contact Peru, Vt., police at (802) 875-2112. For more information about this missing hiker, visit: http://tinyurl.com/2cj8sfn.

Laurie Potteiger
Appalachian Trail Conservancy”

“Mr. Salikhov's other vehicle is described as a "light colored 2003 Hyundai Elantra with the Rhode Island license plate # 712-678". I assume this is the one found at Mad Tom Notch.”
Missing Person

Also described as a loner & minimalist.
Anderson Lomarca: Missing: Konstantin Salikhov from Providence,Rhode Island

Konstantin Salikhov, Rhode Island Ph.D, Reported Missing in San Francisco - SF Weekly

Compared to Ben Bilemy/ Denim/ Mostly Harmess pics.
WhiteBlaze - Hiker found dead in 2018 in Florida could be from New York

Found the following video from Konstantin’s parents. He went by the nickname Kostya and had a passion for computing especially Linux. Also says he had brown eyes and probably an accent. I’m not sure why probably but that’s what the translation said. These 2 things probably rule him out but sharing anyway.

Found the following video from Konstantin’s parents. He went by the nickname Kostya and had a passion for computing especially Linux. Also says he had brown eyes and probably an accent. I’m not sure why probably but that’s what the translation said. These 2 things probably rule him out but sharing anyway.

I hope Namus and the DoeNetwork have included the images of Konstantin from this video onto their own sites. They show his features so much better.

Konstantin has a MSM and internet presence as missing but I’m not finding him in any of the databases.

I wonder why? I just figured he would be set up in one of them. Perhaps his parents or a surrogate could be advised that would be the best course of action to ensure his missing status reaches a larger audience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500