Identified! FL - Big Cypress Natl Preserve, Male Hiker, Denim & “Mostly Harmless” July 2018 - Vance Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually still waiting for Tatianabarbie...if she got anything back from the family.
I keep checking my facebook message to the "Find Karl" page, and it still doesn't even show "seen" on the message. So, I went back to the news article about Karl missing to find the name of his sister. I found her linkedin page and her FB page. I messaged her FB page to let her know to look at the messages for the "Find Karl" page. I told her about the possible match, but the pictures are just on the "Find Karl" message. She hasn't posted on her FB page since 2015, so I don't even know if she gets FB notifications in her personal email. The sister has a linkedin account, but you have to be logged in to view it. I'm waiting for my tablet to recharge, as I have my login saved on the tablet, but not on my PC. I have also thought of emailing the writer of the MSM article about Karl, as the reporter might have contact info for the sister.

Not much out there on Steve Gardin and doesn't look like anyone is actively looking for him although he remains on the actively missing list

The North Vancouver RCMP is asking for the public’s assistance in locating missing 40 year old Steve Gardin out of the North Vancouver, British Columbia area.

Steve was last seen on October 19, 2016.

His last confirmed sighting was in Lynn Canyon Park, North Vancouver, where he was camping with a bright orange tent. He has not been seen or heard from since.

gardin-232x300.jpg

STEVE GARDIN, ,MISSING
STEVE IS DESCRIBED AS:

• Eyes: Blue.
• Hair: Brown, Beard.
• Height: 5’7.
• Weight: 150 lbs.

Not much out there on Steve Gardin and doesn't look like anyone is actively looking for him although he remains on the actively missing list

The North Vancouver RCMP is asking for the public’s assistance in locating missing 40 year old Steve Gardin out of the North Vancouver, British Columbia area.

His last confirmed sighting was in Lynn Canyon Park, North Vancouver, where he was camping with a bright orange tent. He has not been seen or heard from since.

gardin-232x300.jpg

STEVE GARDIN, ,MISSING
STEVE IS DESCRIBED AS:

Wow nice find! There’s definitely a close enough resemblance to submit him!

gardin-232x300.jpg

STEVE GARDIN, ,MISSING
STEVE IS DESCRIBED AS:

Good find Classito!

gardin-232x300.jpg

STEVE GARDIN, ,MISSING
STEVE IS DESCRIBED AS:

Good find! Turns out he is from Guelph, Ontario - wondering if his camper was ever found, either in Florida or BC? rbbm.
Guelph man missing in North Vancouver
"Police and his family in Ontario are now concerned for his safety.

“They’re very anxious to hear about his well-being,” said North Vancouver RCMP spokesperson Cpl. Richard De Jong.

Described as a “lives-off-the-land kind of guy” by De Jong, Gardin had been travelling and camping across the country when RCMP found him illegally camped near a Lynn Canyon Park trail."
"Those who think they might know Gardin’s whereabouts, or recall seeing him last October, are asked to contact the RCMP at 604-985-1311."

gardin-232x300.jpg

STEVE GARDIN, ,MISSING
STEVE IS DESCRIBED AS:

Just want to add to the well-deserved kudos on finding this missing person report. This is the first one I've seen posted that bears a good resemblance (to my eye anyhow) AND in a lifestyle way also fits the idea of someone who would take off on the AT. I always felt that Brooks Mountaineering gear (being based out of Alaska) was more popular in the PNW and perhaps Canada.

I hope you have been able to reach out to both Steve's missing persons page as well as the Florida Detectives trying to ID this John Doe.

Great work!

Just want to add to the well-deserved kudos on finding this missing person report. This is the first one I've seen posted that bears a good resemblance (to my eye anyhow) AND in a lifestyle way also fits the idea of someone who would take off on the AT. I always felt that Brooks Mountaineering gear (being based out of Alaska) was more popular in the PNW and perhaps Canada.

I hope you have been able to reach out to both Steve's missing persons page as well as the Florida Detectives trying to ID this John Doe.

Great work!

I completely agree. It’s the first time I had to rub my eyes and look again because they really do look like each other. It’s the outfit as well. I know of course many men must have a similar coloured shirt but the combination of that shirt and the close likeness took my breath away for a second. I wish we had more pictures of Steve to compare to MH..

I’m not sure about their noses being the same but the lighting in Steve’s picture is a bit weird so the pic could be a bit deceiving...

I’m definitely curious to hear what the officers have to say!

The picture of Steve isn’t much to go on, but one main difference I can see is the fullness of the beards below the bottom lip. As a guy who wishes he could grow a beard, I know that that area of facial hair is a major part of beard’s fullness/“identity” and wouldn’t ever thin out over time.
Still worth submitting though.

I have not reported yet...Just got back home since posting. For the hairline-The only photo we have of Harmless's hair line is a drawing..not sure how accurate the drawing is in proportion to eyebrow to hairline distance.

I found the old fb page of Steve..not much in there. The photo I posted is from 2012 or 2013 according to his fb page..Does the family or friends have a fb page for Steve?

The picture of Steve isn’t much to go on, but one main difference I can see is the fullness of the beards below the bottom lip. As a guy who wishes he could grow a beard, I know that that area of facial hair is a major part of beard’s fullness/“identity” and wouldn’t ever thin out over time.
Still worth submitting though.

Yes, same here...the pattern of the beard growth....again....but still close, very close

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member