Identified! FL - Big Cypress Natl Preserve, Male hiker, "Denim" & "Mostly Harmless", Jul 2018 - Vance Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where was he planning to finish his hike? I thought I had read that he was planning to go all the way to Key West. I think I also read that he claimed he had an ex girlfriend. This is purely speculation...maybe he was gay... I don’t remember how I found it, but the other night I came across a group for gay hikers. Has anyone looked into such a group? I briefly glanced at hikers who would’ve have joined around the time he began his hike, but nothing looked familiar to me.

This really has me stumped. I wonder if the sister is alive and if she was expecting him. If so, it just seems to me that she would’ve been looking for him and/or have seen the news about him.
As @UnlicensedPI has mentioned earlier in the thread, there was seemingly one person who stated that he had a sister in Florida or was visiting a sister in Florida, and that "witness," if we're to believe their story, had a sighting that didn't match MH's hiking/geographic timeline by a significant margin...which makes the sister thing more dubious. But of course it could turn out to be true, or partly true, nonetheless. Like everyone else, I am waiting.

How many years did we search for the identity of Lyle Stevik....he is identified, but we still don't know who he was. Actually I would find it very respectful, an acknowledgement of somebodies existence, if Mostly Harmless's real name will be known. If he was my family member I would be sooo proud of him, no matter what.

How many years did we search for the identity of Lyle Stevik....he is identified, but we still don't know who he was. Actually I would find it very respectful, an acknowledgement of somebodies existence, if Mostly Harmless's real name will be known. If he was my family member I would be sooo proud of him, no matter what.
Someone did release Lyle Stevik's real name. It wasn't a family member, IIRC they got his name by FOIA requesting his updated death certificate. It is out there if you look for it. I'm sure it'll be the case if they don't release Mostly Harmless' real name through official means.

IMO, with MH death being over two years ago at this point, someone, somewhere has to be wondering about him. Glad his story & pics are getting some attention outside of discussion groups. Fingers crossed someone recognizes him.

Most likely a mute point, but I don’t recall ever seeing this info (from the latest article). It might give a little clue as to where he was from.

By summer, the hiker was in Virginia, where he walked about a hundred miles with a 66-year-old woman who went by the trail name Obsidian. She taught him how to make a fire, and he told her he was eager to see a bear.

Most likely a mute point, but I don’t recall ever seeing this info (from the latest article). It might give a little clue as to where he was from.

By summer, the hiker was in Virginia, where he walked about a hundred miles with a 66-year-old woman who went by the trail name Obsidian. She taught him how to make a fire, and he told her he was eager to see a bear.

Yes, there were a couple of little nuggets of info I hadn't heard before.

Is anyone else wondering if the missing gentleman someone here submitted earlier this year has been ruled-out yet? Last name started with F, if I recall. He looked a lot like MH IMO but did weigh more.
Fairies. I've gone back and forth on him. In addition to their looks and IT background, Fairies did not leave much of a digital footprint. He's been submitted to CCSO and I have not seen a rule out on him but my gut is they are not the same guy. I don't think he is MH. That hairline is just too different and there is also the height difference. But I looked into him for weeks.

MH mentioned he was heavier prior to starting his hike. Here are some altered photos of him larger, younger, mustachioed, bearded, etc. I know a previous post showed him younger; didn't see any of him heavier, though.
View attachment 270407 View attachment 270408 View attachment 270409 View attachment 270410 View attachment 270411 View attachment 270412 View attachment 270413
Thanks for posting these! I’m surprised at how different he looks in the heavier photos. For one, he looks quite a bit older in my opinion.

Fairies. I've gone back and forth on him. In addition to their looks and IT background, Fairies did not leave much of a digital footprint. He's been submitted to CCSO and I have not seen a rule out on him but my gut is they are not the same guy. I don't think he is MH. That hairline is just too different and there is also the height difference. But I looked into him for weeks.
What am I missing? I dont remember this guy. Is that the correct spelling of his name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasonleblanc061975@gmail.