FL - Brandi Peters, 27, & her 3 kids found murdered, Tallahassee, 20 Nov 2010 *Guilty*

I'm baffled by this Santos guy taking credit for these murders. What in God's name is going on with this case? It's a strange one. I believe Segura committed these murders. It's just too personal (strangulation, the struggle) for it to be a hit. And the point from prosecution about how whoever committed these crimes didn't know much about guns is also in line with Segura being the perp. Not a bunch of hit men. However, there is a lot of reasonable doubt. The footprints and the DNA especially is going to be hard to ignore. Last count was 8-4 in favor of not guilty.

Why would anyone take credit for murder of someone, doesn't make sense to me. Why would a hitman kill the children?

I believe it was Segura because of the child support.

jmo

Right, makes no sense that she was living the high life selling dope but in meager living conditions. She'd at least have a car. I've never seen someone so eager to claim murdering a mother and her 3 small children ever before this case. Today was dull - getting through all the forensic evidence. Hopefully things will pick up tomorrow but ultimately Santos testimony will be the key evidence. His credibility will seal Segura's fate. I hope prosecution is ready to tear him down because they're looking at a loss based on defense opening.

ETA: Oh and there are all these ancillary witnesses apparently that support Santos' contention. So all those witnesses will be key in this case. Plus the DNA evidence. IDK. I'm thinking another hung jury or NG.

Right, makes no sense that she was living the high life selling dope but in meager living conditions. She'd at least have a car. I've never seen someone so eager to claim murdering a mother and her 3 small children ever before this case. Today was dull - getting through all the forensic evidence. Hopefully things will pick up tomorrow but ultimately Santos testimony will be the key evidence. His credibility will seal Segura's fate. I hope prosecution is ready to tear him down because they're looking at a loss based on defense opening.

ETA: Oh and there are all these ancillary witnesses apparently that support Santos' contention. So all those witnesses will be key in this case. Plus the DNA evidence. IDK. I'm thinking another hung jury or NG.

I am shocked though about the cross examination of the defense of the witnesses. I would think he would have questioned some of the evidence collected or not collected.

There is a big hurdle to cross with Santos on the witness list for the defense. I just hope the prosecution is ready to fire back.

My understanding is that Santos pled the 5th at the last trial and it was still hung. So even without Santos 8/12 jurors thought Segura was NG. That has to be a sobering fact for the state. Apparently Santos was in federal custody when he claimed he ordered the hit. And there’s email communication between Brandi and Santos. This is all very convoluted. I’m just now being aware of the facts of the case. I’d always heard the name of this case but never tuned in until now. Had no clue it was so interesting!

Why would anyone take credit for murder of someone, doesn't make sense to me. Why would a hitman kill the children?

I believe it was Segura because of the child support.

jmo

IMO he cheated, lied, used a ton of various women (floated out that he had doubts the son was even his!) burner phones, throw away guns....
If nothing, his way of life has come back to claim him!
I know the word Narcissist is very prominent these days but this guy presents as one...entitlement, infidelity, no conscience, liar, cunning & zero empathy.
That said, I agree the defense witnesses could hang the jury.
He is a dangerous waste of space IMO whatever the outcome.

MOO

IMO he cheated, lied, used a ton of various women (floated out that he had doubts the son was even his!) burner phones, throw away guns....
If nothing, his way of life has come back to claim him!
I know the word Narcissist is very prominent these days but this guy presents as one...entitlement, infidelity, no conscience, liar, cunning & zero empathy.
That said, I agree the defense witnesses could hang the jury.
He is a dangerous waste of space IMO whatever the outcome.

MOO

Yeah the lack of reaction at his son's death is appalling. He was also arrested in Minnesota - seems he was trying to flee/lay low after the homicides.

We've got the ME on the stand this morning. So far pretty boring testimony. 7 gunshot wounds. Fractures to her fingers/lots of defensive wounds suggesting she was beaten with an object possibly the butt of the gun. Definite signs of a struggle. She fought a lot! Poor woman. Death caused by blunt force trauma to the head and face.

Based on what I have seen so in this trial I don't understand why the first jury didn't convict him. Everything points toward his guilt.

Out of impatience since there's no trial until Tuesday, I went and watched his cross-exam and listened to some of the testimony from the 1st trial and my goodness!! There is no doubt he did it! So I'm with ya, I'm confused about how the first jury was so hung up. The so-called exculpatory witnesses are a bunch of low life career criminal jail house snitches. And Santos pled the 5th in the first trial and I'd wager he will do the same here. There's no way this idiot is going to testify in open court that he ordered this hit but we'll wait to find out. He previously testified at a hearing and was never cross-examined but his dumb behind knows he's going to get cross examined in open court in front of cameras this time around and I'm betting he's not going to do it! There should be special jury instructions for these jail house snitches - basically do not believe anything they say!! That's all I see in this case starting with Santos. A bunch of idiots who are butting in to this case and needlessly confusing the issue and prolonging the process for their own self-serving needs.

Last edited:
What a CRAZY case. I am about two years behind.:confused:

I will try to catch up on trial coverage this weekend.

I know very little. I did read Santos has made two other false confessions: killing a Kentucky man and an Atlanta police officer. WTH. What is the backstory on that? Can this be presented by prosecution? Also Segura and Santos housed in same jail pod at one point.....?o_O

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aprilssister94
Back