FL - Brandi Peters, 27, & her 3 kids found murdered, Tallahassee, 20 Nov 2010 *Guilty*

Shep on Fox is going to talk to an officer from Tallahassee about this case.

IMO

Listening to Shep's show...David McCranie, TPD PIO, is on.

Said 'suspicious call' was call about barking dog.
Have talked to fathers of children - they are cooperating
Are getting help from an agency in Georgia which has some technology that will be useful to them (he didn't specify which agency)
TPD investigating why someone would want to hurt the kids & their mom.
Crime occurred in safe neighborhood....is very heinous, LEOs upset by it.

<snip>

It’s still too early in the investigation for police to talk about what happened in this home over the weekend, but some officers say it’s the most gruesome crime scene they’ve ever witnessed.

http://www.wjhg.com/home/headlines/Quadruple_Murder_109959719.html

When the TPD PIO was on Fox earlier saying the LEOs were upset about this crime, I was thinking rightly so because it's a mother & her children, and it's so sad & horrifying that someone could do this...now it sounds even worse.

Prayers for LE that they find whoever did this - and soon.

The last person she added on her FB page gave me a red flag. He spoke about snitches, and had very foul language. The one post that disturbed me was on Nov 16th

this link went to my page. I seen that happen before. it facebook thing:banghead:

try it again...because the first time I tried it, it worked..then when it didn't work for you, it didn't work for me.

but now it's working again for me.

??
Is this in the article that was linked, or are you looking at court/criminal records?
So confused!

I think she means the court records for child support - from the link in CajunCares post, sherbetjello.

This case is making me feel ill. Murdering little kids, what a coward.

Hi all - can't believe we're discussing this case just ONE week after the Tina Herrmann case in Ohio. More women and children....so ridiculous.

In regards to the Child Support Orders that came down in August and just last week;
I've volunteered at our local Women's Center for years, and have girlfriends that have had to go through hell to receive child support AND try to stay safely away from their children's fathers.

These situations always seem to follow a similar pattern. Either the fathers don't have any interest in being involved or they do but hardly ever pay child support. (I'm not speaking at all about all of the wonderful fathers out there who DO involve themselves in the kids' lives AND pay child support, sometimes above and beyond the required amount!)
The fathers that don't feel that they should pay child support tend to constantly complain about their kids' mother - that she's a "terrible mother", she "wastes all the child support money", she "never lets him see his kids"....the complaints are almost ALWAYS bogus.
These "fathers" tend to have very spotty work histories, never manage to hold onto jobs, etc. When they do have a job, they RARELY notify the Child Support Offices - that way, they can't have their paychecks deducted.
They tell everyone how much they "love" their kids, that their kids are "everything to them", yet, they rarely see them.
Even when there is scheduled VISITATION, they almost always have some reason that they can't pick up their kids or show up for Supervised Visits depending on the situation.
Its a terrible terrible situation for a child.

In the instances that I've seen escalating violence, the fathers are generally jealous because the children's mother is seeing someone new. This always sets them off, and all of a sudden they "care" that someone else is standing in as "Daddy" for their child.
In these cases, there are usually LOTS of threatening phone calls/emails/text messages to the Mother and the new person she's dating. There are usually times that the "father" shows up at the Mother's house and becomes verbally and physically abusive. There is usually a record of domestic violence calls to the local police. There may be instances in which the "father" calls the police on the Mother and fabricates reasons for his calls (ex; the Mother is abusing the children, the Mother is using drugs, the Mother's boyfriend is abusing the children, the Mother assaulted the "father" in an altercation...).
The local police get VERY tired of these battles - and it becomes VERY clear that the "father" is the problematic party, not the mother.
The violence, and often stalking, that occurs will escalate until either the "father" ends up in jail (usually for something else that he gets arrested for) - or - the Mother and children are killed.
Its an extremely sad state of affairs. The Mothers RARELY manage to escape the torment unscathed - nor do the children.

While I wouldn't be shocked if one of the childrens' fathers were guilty of this murder - unless there were previous acts of violence, it seems unlikely. Murdering a Mother and 3 children just to evade paying child support is a HUGE risk. These "fathers" can go for YEARS without paying a single dime with ZERO repercussions. I see it happen every single day.
If we start hearing that one of the "fathers" has a history of violent offenses, has threatened or assaulted the Mother in the past/recently, or has even TALKED about harming the Mother to his friends/family - THEN it becomes more probable.

I just found this article concerning the victim.

Court records examined Monday show a judge last Tuesday signed a final order requiring Antonio L. Anthony, who had a lengthy criminal record, to pay $307 a month plus retroactive support of $22,925 to 27-year-old Brandi Peters.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/state/slain-fla-woman-in-court-last-with-for-1067228.html

Hmmmmm very interesting.

While the police officer said that both fathers are cooperating it sure doesn't mean they don't suspect one of them as being the murderer.

LE is probably hoping they can keep them talking.

Imo, whomever did this was someone she knew. There was no forced entry and the killer was so calm that he/she even remembered to lock the door when he/she left.

Imo

Hi all - can't believe we're discussing this case just ONE week after the Tina Herrmann case in Ohio. More women and children....so ridiculous.

In regards to the Child Support Orders that came down in August and just last week;
I've volunteered at our local Women's Center for years, and have girlfriends that have had to go through hell to receive child support AND try to stay safely away from their children's fathers.

These situations always seem to follow a similar pattern. Either the fathers don't have any interest in being involved or they do but hardly ever pay child support. (I'm not speaking at all about all of the wonderful fathers out there who DO involve themselves in the kids' lives AND pay child support, sometimes above and beyond the required amount!)
The fathers that don't feel that they should pay child support tend to constantly complain about their kids' mother - that she's a "terrible mother", she "wastes all the child support money", she "never lets him see his kids"....the complaints are almost ALWAYS bogus.
These "fathers" tend to have very spotty work histories, never manage to hold onto jobs, etc. When they do have a job, they RARELY notify the Child Support Offices - that way, they can't have their paychecks deducted.
They tell everyone how much they "love" their kids, that their kids are "everything to them", yet, they rarely see them.
Even when there is scheduled VISITATION, they almost always have some reason that they can't pick up their kids or show up for Supervised Visits depending on the situation.
Its a terrible terrible situation for a child.

In the instances that I've seen escalating violence, the fathers are generally jealous because the children's mother is seeing someone new. This always sets them off, and all of a sudden they "care" that someone else is standing in as "Daddy" for their child.
In these cases, there are usually LOTS of threatening phone calls/emails/text messages to the Mother and the new person she's dating. There are usually times that the "father" shows up at the Mother's house and becomes verbally and physically abusive. There is usually a record of domestic violence calls to the local police. There may be instances in which the "father" calls the police on the Mother and fabricates reasons for his calls (ex; the Mother is abusing the children, the Mother is using drugs, the Mother's boyfriend is abusing the children, the Mother assaulted the "father" in an altercation...).
The local police get VERY tired of these battles - and it becomes VERY clear that the "father" is the problematic party, not the mother.
The violence, and often stalking, that occurs will escalate until either the "father" ends up in jail (usually for something else that he gets arrested for) - or - the Mother and children are killed.
Its an extremely sad state of affairs. The Mothers RARELY manage to escape the torment unscathed - nor do the children.

While I wouldn't be shocked if one of the childrens' fathers were guilty of this murder - unless there were previous acts of violence, it seems unlikely. Murdering a Mother and 3 children just to evade paying child support is a HUGE risk. These "fathers" can go for YEARS without paying a single dime with ZERO repercussions. I see it happen every single day.
If we start hearing that one of the "fathers" has a history of violent offenses, has threatened or assaulted the Mother in the past/recently, or has even TALKED about harming the Mother to his friends/family - THEN it becomes more probable.

It seems the father of the twins has an extensive criminal history.

From the above link.

Anthony, 44, who has a handgun tattooed on his left arm, has served three prison terms in the past 20 years, according Florida Department of Corrections records. He most recently was released in May 2009 after serving four years on two counts of cocaine possession and grand theft of a motor vehicle. His prior offenses were for aggravated assault with a weapon and armed burglary.

Do we know where either one of the "fathers" lives? Same city/state?

Do we know where either one of the "fathers" lives? Same city/state?

We haven't learned that as for as I know, asiapyn.

I would imagine though since LE seems to be in contact with them that they still are in Tallahassee.

IMO

http://www.flanews.com/?p=10895

Quadruple Murder

And the news of the murders reached the twins kindergarten classes Monday morning where administrators were prepared with grief councilors. The classes flipped through a photo album of the girls and drew pictures in remembrance.

“Our psychologist explained to them this morning that the girls were going to heaven and they started talking about their animals that were in heaven and other relatives so they understand that they are gone and they will not be coming back,” said Pam Hightower, the principal at Bond Elementary.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhatHappenedToJAB
Back