FL FL - Broward Co., Wht/HispMale, 1170UMFL, 36-45, in canal @ US27 rest stop, Jun'84

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
i guess it would depend on how tall the wife is IMO if shes a shorter woman 5'5 may be considered tall to her?

http://www.14news.com/Global/story.asp?s=6469420

More in depth article about Meredith. The trouble I'm having with Meredith being the UID is his wife describes him as being "tall and handsome" while the doe victim is listed 5'6" tall.

It struck me as interesting how the relatives say RM wasn't the type to just up and leave but then he had children in several states by four different wives who didn't even know about each other which sounds like he might have been just the type to walk away from his kids and move to Florida.

It was then she learned, they never knew about it. But by 1992, Robert Meredith had already been declared dead by his ex wife, Tammy's mother, Brenda, "He left me heartbroken, but I had two kids to raise."

Brenda says Robert Meredith has remained the love of her life, "He was tall, handsome and could charm your socks off."

But by the time he disappeared they had already divorced and he was remarried to someone else.

This is confusing. So the wife who didn't file a missing person's report but declared him dead was in fact an ex wife and Robert was married to somebody else at the time.

Where is the anonymous other wife and what does she have to say about Robert's disappearance?

When did she see RM last?

And in a statement to the Social Security Administration, Meredith's wife at the time he disappeared said she received collect calls and letters from Meredith in Florida afterward, but to this date, there is no evidence of his existence since the day he left in 1979.

No, wait, the person who got the mail was this other wife, not the ex who saw RM last after a fight.

Doe has the story a little muddled up if this article has the facts straight because it gives the impression that the wife who had the fight and the wife who got the letters are the same person.

Did anyone report this possible match to the person mentioned in the article linked above? There are two different phone numbers you can call I certainly think it could be the same person.

I find the full dentures at such a young age, and the specific clothing choices to be interesting.

The description of a "white cutoff shorts and a knee-length robe" and the big jeweled ring do not sound like "typical" clothing choices for most men.

I am not trying to prejudge, but might these clothes point toward him being a gay man?
Or were fashions so different in 1984 that any man might have worn "cutoff white shorts" and those other items?
Please forgive me if these statements are offensive to anyone. :/

Did anyone report this possible match to the person mentioned in the article linked above? There are two different phone numbers you can call I certainly think it could be the same person.

I've had a discussion with my lady at Namus who I am in contact with regularly (almost daily!) and it is being dealt with.

I find the full dentures at such a young age, and the specific clothing choices to be interesting.

The description of a "white cutoff shorts and a knee-length robe" and the big jeweled ring do not sound like "typical" clothing choices for most men.

I am not trying to prejudge, but might these clothes point toward him being a gay man?
Or were fashions so different in 1984 that any man might have worn "cutoff white shorts" and those other items?

I guess it depends upon what he was doing when he was murdered. In his kitchen making coffee? At the beach? Or maybe he was sleeping, they woke him up, and he grabbed whatever to dress. I'm thinking he was not out in public, like say, grocery shopping. Looks like a good match to me. Good work sleuths!:woohoo:

My impression was gay too. A gay man with a mustache was a popular look back then too.

Is there an exact location for the discovery of this John Doe other than Broward County, Florida? Seems too broad . . .

"The victim was found on the canal bank at a rest-stop off US 27, 2 miles south of Griffin Road, in unincorporated Broward County, Florida on June 13, 1984."--Doe Network.org

I guess it depends upon what he was doing when he was murdered. In his kitchen making coffee? At the beach? Or maybe he was sleeping, they woke him up, and he grabbed whatever to dress. I'm thinking he was not out in public, like say, grocery shopping. Looks like a good match to me. Good work sleuths!:woohoo:

I thought that he might be a tourist who was taken by surprise in his hotel room; hadn't given that much thought to whether he was gay or straight. How far are the tourist spots from where he was found?

Was the gold ring with the red stone a pinky ring? I was under the impression that it was.

With a string of ex wives, children, angry ex in-laws (speculation), I would guess the suspect list of who murdered this romeo could be quite long. Sounds like he was quite the hit and run lover. Regardless, let's hope he is positively identified.

My impression was gay too. A gay man with a mustache was a popular look back then too.

Something about the description of his attire made me think gay as well. That said, there is a certain type of "romeo" character that is very much hetero but dresses very cheese-ball, larry the lounge lizard. These were the guys back in the day that wore tight angel flight pants, polyester disco shirts open to their waist, platform shoes, and lots and lots of cologne. If he considered himself a "ladies man" this type of attire would be consistent with that.

"The victim was found on the canal bank at a rest-stop off US 27, 2 miles south of Griffin Road, in unincorporated Broward County, Florida on June 13, 1984."--Doe Network.org

Was that rest stop known for homosexual activity? For those more naive, there are rest stops, truck stops, college public bathrooms, etc. where gays were known to frequent, to 'meet' other likeminded people. Same goes with pedophiles, heterosexuals, prostitutes, etc. Some of those looking for sex didn't stick to the ones marketing it, and would drag unwilling victims to their vehicle, etc. It could and can be a dangerous place out there for the ones not in the know of it.

http://doenetwork.org/cases/3416dmin.html

Robert Allen Meredith
Missing since 1979 from Evansville, Indiana
1170UMFL.jpg
RAMeredith.jpg

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: 1940
Age at Time of Disappearance: 39 years old
Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Dark hair.
Dentals: Full set of dentures
DNA: is in progress

Robert Meredith was last seen in Evansville, IN in 1979.

His wife was the last known person to see him alive. They got into a fight, she asked him to leave and he was never seen again. His wife never filed a missing person report with the police.

His sister went to the Evansville police in 1992, in an effort to revive her brother's case. It was then she learned, they never knew about it. By 1992, Meredith had already been declared dead by his ex wife.

Meredith had at least eight children with four wives throughout his life. Many of those children didn't know about each other until they began looking into their dad's disappearance.

In a statement to the Social Security Administration, Meredith's wife at the time he disappeared, said she received collect calls and letters from Meredith in Florida afterward, but to this date, there is no evidence of his existence since the day he left in 1979.

All of the circumstances fit, the physical description (as much as there is!) fits too so I've submitted this one.

Does it say anywhere what RM height was?

http://doenetwork.org/cases/3416dmin.html

Robert Allen Meredith
Missing since 1979 from Evansville, Indiana
1170UMFL.jpg
RAMeredith.jpg

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: 1940
Age at Time of Disappearance: 39 years old
Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Dark hair.
Dentals: Full set of dentures
DNA: is in progress

Robert Meredith was last seen in Evansville, IN in 1979.

His wife was the last known person to see him alive. They got into a fight, she asked him to leave and he was never seen again. His wife never filed a missing person report with the police.

His sister went to the Evansville police in 1992, in an effort to revive her brother's case. It was then she learned, they never knew about it. By 1992, Meredith had already been declared dead by his ex wife.

Meredith had at least eight children with four wives throughout his life. Many of those children didn't know about each other until they began looking into their dad's disappearance.

In a statement to the Social Security Administration, Meredith's wife at the time he disappeared, said she received collect calls and letters from Meredith in Florida afterward, but to this date, there is no evidence of his existence since the day he left in 1979.

All of the circumstances fit, the physical description (as much as there is!) fits too so I've submitted this one.

Does it say anywhere what RM height was?
I don't mean to be crude, but if the guy was married four times and had eight kids, he doesn't sound gay to my little mind.
No evidence since 1979? What about the collect phone call bills? What about phone records that would show no collect phone calls?

I noticed Charles Morgan Wright III who went missing in January 1982 and really reminded me of this UID. He's a shorter dark hair male with a mustache, except there are two problems -- he disappeared from the other side of the county (South San Francisco, CA) and something would have had to have happened to his teeth after January 1982.
A200605009S_5317.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/w/wright_charles.html
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2339dmca.html
http://www.lbth.org/ncma/gallery/ncmaprofile_all.php?A200605009S

He also had a scar and a tattoo that are not mentioned in the UID description but there is a resemblance.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RonaldLew
Back