FL FL - Bryan Hayes, 13, & Mark Degner, 12, Jacksonville, 10 Feb 2005

It's a day of awareness and rememberance. Little yellow ribbons were passed out to signify the rememberance of not just the two young boys who disappeared three years ago Sunday, but for all those who've disappeared in Jacksonville.

"I need answers. Somebody did something wrong to my son that morning."

One mother's desperation for the truth is shared by everyone at the rally held in honor of the missing.

Three years ago another mother lost her son, Bryan Hayes.

"I love you. And I want you to come home."

On that day, Hayes was with Mark Degner.
Degner's mother has a similar message.

"I love you and still come home, no matter what," said Linda Alligood, Degner's mother.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/crimestoppers/news-article.aspx?storyid=102037

It's been a little over three years now. These boys are now teenagers, or at least I hope they are still alive. I've been so worried, since day one that yes, a pedophile got them. Who's car did they get in? I do so hope that more schools will get WORKING surveillance cameras. I do believe that they would call home, if they could. Someone, somewhere, KNOWS. I wish the driver of that car would somehow "get a conscience."
Everyday, I pray for news, and hope they come home safe. And, I am so upset that this is such a "cold case" file. How can this happen in America?
Still praying for the boys, and their families. Come home, Bryan and Mark.

Prayers that these boys are alive and will be found soon.

I just moved this to the discussion forum instead of support since the thread has gotten so long.

I was wondering if they were ever located. I did a search and couldn't find anything. My heart goes out to them and their parents because I work with kids like them and know how hard it can be on all involved. Kids who are DD and MI are so vulnerable as it is and these kids also had health problems so I fear for their safety. Three years is a long time to be gone.

I saw somewhere that they did an age progression poster for the boys. I'll try to find it. Also, there was an abduction there recently of another boy, who said he was pulled into a car by two men, and managed to escape with his shirt being ripped. I'll try to find a link tpnight, if I can.

Brian is said to have been in a group home, so no real parents to bother with, didn't see anything about the other boy's parents.

This is just sad. 4 years now and nothing.

2 Paxon Students Vanished 5 Years Ago
High School Students Would Now Be 17, 18 Years Old

POSTED: Wednesday, February 10, 2010
UPDATED: 11:54 am EST February 10, 2010

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Five years ago Wednesday, two Paxon Middle School students disappeared walking home from school.

Mark Degner was 12 years old and Bryan Hayes was 13 years old when they walked away from school on Feb. 10, 2005. The two friends are believed to have run away together and despite sightings, no one has heard from them since.

Degner would now be 17 years old and Hayes would be 18 years old.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/22521245/detail.html#

20909015_240X135.jpg

I lived in Jacksonville when these boys went missing. Never thought they would be missing so many years later.

The disappearance of Bryan Hayes is a well-known story in Jacksonville. Now millions of people all over the country have a chance to learn about him and see what he may look like today.

Hayes, who disappeared in February 2005 when he was 13, is one of the first people featured in Comcast's new Missing Children On Demand program. Hayes would now be 19.

He and his friend Mark Degner, who was 12 at the time, disappeared while walking home from Paxon Middle School. They are believed to have run away together.

"It's possible that you know something that could help police solve one of their most difficult and heartbreaking cases," a spokeswoman on Comcasts' On Demand missing children video says. "The smaller photo shows what Bryan looked like then. The larger photo has been age progressed to show what Brian might look like at age 18."

http://www.news4jax.com/news/26730962/detail.html

Thinking of these boys, as always. Praying they will be found safely, and reunited with their families.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back