GUILTY FL - Calyx, 16, & Beau Schenecker, 13, shot to death, Tampa, 27 Jan 2011 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Twitter
ABCActionNewsCourt

@actionnewscourt

Court adjourned. Stay right here for live stream of 5 p.m. news for your trial recap & headlines. wfts.tv/1jGWUtl #ScheneckerTrial

Gloria Gomez got the quote wrong....

Erin Maloney @ErinOnTV
Parker #Schenecker saw his wife in jail after the murders. She said, "I guess I stopped your heart flat, huh?"

Gloria Gomez, FOX 13 ‏@ggome13 2m
Parker off stand he will b recalled by the defense to go into #JulieSchenecker mental illness. That includes emails and treatment facilities

I don't thing he's "long" out of the military -- he was serving as recently as 2011, and had been in the military all his life. Plus, the "sir" thing is a southern thing....

but the flat affect...I also picked that up from the tone of his emails to his wife -- quite impersonal, most of them, and also a bit harsh...sounds as if he thought she should just snap out of it and pull herself out of her depression by her bootstraps...I know overall he was very concerned for her and the rest of the family...but still...

...of course, flat affect could be due to all the pain he'd gone through ...losing his kids...probably blaming himself...trying to hold it together in the courtroom

ITA, the decorum he exhibits is military. He is a civilian employee now for the DOD. Just because you retire after 27 years, it does not mean you lose what has been ingrained in you. I don't know if I read the same emails as You, but the snap out of it email I think came from her brother.

ETA: IMPO, his affect is not flat. It is controlled and his speech is measured. JS OTOH has a flat affect IMO. If you watch PS jaw, it tightens and releases.

Erin Maloney @ErinOnTV
Parker #Schenecker saw his wife in jail after the murders. She said, "I guess I stopped your heart flat, huh?"

That has been my theory--that she was angriest at her husband.

I think they are going to--I think they will blame him for leaving the kids in her care. :moo:

I suppose I don't know what else this defense team can do to try to help their client. During the opening when the defense atty attacked Calyx for insulting her mother I thought they couldn't go much lower.

IMO it will backfire if the defense tries to suggest PS knew how bad the situation was. WhoTH does unless you have a mental health background? Even drs who can't monitor 24/7 can be fooled.

Gloria Gomez, FOX 13 ‏@ggome13 2m
Parker off stand he will b recalled by the defense to go into #JulieSchenecker mental illness. That includes emails and treatment facilities

So he will testify for both sides?

Erin Maloney @ErinOnTV

It sounds to me like he said "Guess I Stomped your heart flat, huh?"

Regardless though, that's a really effed up thing to say to him.

PS is now having to stand up for his children which is something IMO he tried to do all along in his own way. Groton is not cheap and is one of the best boarding schools in the country. It is a feeder school for Harvard and Yale. He obviously wanted the best for his kids. IMO he NEVER thought JS would EVER harm his children. The writing could have been on the wall, but when you are that close, trying to provide for your family, have a career and deal with a wife who has mental illness, it is very hard to see. Hindsight is always 20/20.

1:35 PM

Twitter
ABCActionNewsCourt

@actionnewscourt

Parker Schenecker testifies he saw #JulieSchenecker in Feb. 2011. She said to him: "I guess I stomped your heart flat, huh?"

heartless

There it is... All the motive I would need if I was on that jury. BS she wanted to save her kids from mental illness.

Does anyone know the date of the car accident JS had? I'm wondering how far back JS's drinking went.

11/8/2010. She was driving her Mercedes Benz. I think I read she was doing 70 mph in a 55mph, high on ethanol and opiates.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I think you are right about it being stomped but like you said, what a horrible thing to say.

ITA and also what Janx posted. She was very angry at him. Very.

I wonder if we are going to hear evidence that she was in fact at some point very capable and possibly brilliant ((she was a translator for Russian defectors)). It is no small feat to master a second language like Russian.......

ITA, the decorum he exhibits is military. He is a civilian employee now for the DOD. Just because you retire after 27 years, it does not mean you lose what has been ingrained in you. I don't know if I read the same emails as You, but the snap out of it email I think came from her brother.

ETA: IMPO, his affect is not flat. It is controlled and his speech is measured. JS OTOH has a flat affect IMO. If you watch PS jaw, it tightens and releases.

You are right it was her brother who refused to send on the email Parker had sent to some of Julie's family and let her know that he was siding with PS and hoped she got help.

Even though the Schenecker's were married for quite a while I thought it very interesting that the person who is fed up is her brother who has known her since she was a kid. Wonder if there were some little hells she put them through while growing up? And remember PS acknowledged that his wife was broken before he met her.

Gloria Gomez, FOX 13 ‏@ggome13 32s
Parker asked why #JulieSchenecker would go out of her way to Oldsmar to buy gun. pros believe Julie was trying not to be seen by anyone.

My husband and I were talking about that -- why she'd drive all the way out to Oldsmar...when there's gun shops all over Tampa. Would she really care about being seen at that point? Given that she shot her son while driving? Wouldn't she care about that being seen?

Clearly ill...that post-it note about the parking spot being for Beau, and trying to make Calyx comfortable.....that's just...haunting..

There it is... All the motive I would need if I was on that jury. BS she wanted to save her kids from mental illness.

She wanted to hurt him - badly. I firmly believe that.

All the post-it notes, and journal entries are all talking to someone. She was fully expecting her husband to come home to find the kids murdered and her OD'd on the floor. Those post-its (minus the ones on the door for carpool) were for Parker to find after the fact.
The one on the plate of chicken was very telling to me. it was like she was tattle telling on Calyx for not eating it. She was saying to him See? She wont even eat the food I made!!

After she murdered the kids, she sent Parker an email that said

"Get home soon — were waiting for you!"

How creepy.

I wonder if we are going to hear evidence that she was in fact at some point very capable and possibly brilliant ((she was a translator for Russian defectors)). It is no small feat to master a second language like Russian.......

I want the jury to know about JS being an interrogator. I think she learned some tricks thanks to her interrogating others and used them in her own interrogations with LE on this crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa