Found Deceased FL - Cassie Carli 37, & Saylor (safe) met Ex to exchange custody, Navarre Beach, 27 Mar 2022 *Arrest

I am so disappointed that no murder charges are filed and the lesser evidence tampering ones were dropped. I know that doesn't mean that charges can't be filed later but it feels like this is the end of the road and that is so stinkin unfair to Cassie.

If criminal charges do not end up being levied against Marcus I hope Cassie's family sues him civilly for wrongful death. And I pray that he never attempts to gain custody or visitation of babygirl.

Cassie Carli death: Marcus Spanevelo charged with felony abuse of corpse in Alabama​

Oh God I hope they don’t let him out on bond. He is such a smug coward. I bet he commits suicide so he doesn’t have to face a jury.

From the article:
Since Spanevelo has now agreed to extradition, he will be brought to Alabama. The charge against him is eligible for bond, Harmon said.

this sounds like a improper disposal charge in AL because i damn sure dont think she went w him willingly and she was either abducted and or murdered in FL but no charges there?
I didnt follow this case ,and its a lit -long do you happen to know what her COD WAS ?

I didnt follow this case ,and its a lit -long do you happen to know what her COD WAS ?

Coroner iirc could not determine COD. Likely among the reasons for (currently) no murder charges.

Not sure how long Cassie Carli's remains were in that shallow grave found on property owned by Spanevelo's relative, but apparently long enough to obscure COD.

I suppose that rules out a few causes.

jmho ymmv lrr

this sounds like a improper disposal charge in AL because i damn sure dont think she went w him willingly and she was either abducted and or murdered in FL but no charges there?
No evidence to charge. Everybody knows he is responsible but without any evidence what can you do? He chose an area without cameras so the abduction wasn’t seen.

I hope he doesn’t get bond. He would be a flight risk as he is from Brazil.
Does Brazil have an extradition treaty ?
I can go and check.

I found this :
The above link ^^^ and following has the procedures a non-national citizen must go through and the services offered by their home countries' Embassy .

An extradition treaty between the United States and Brazil was signed on January 13, 1961 and implemented on February 11, 1965. The treaty allows both countries to request the return of individuals if the offense(s) committed are considered crimes by both countries.

I watched a short video about Cassie Carli's case on YT.
I find myself wishing she hadn't gone alone to meet him, poor lady.

But much more important is that he should have been afraid of the consequences of harming the mother of his child !!!
Cold and heartless man.
M00.

Last edited:
I'd like to think that the daughter is with Cassie's family ?

This article from May of 2022 but here's what it says.....

'Little Saylor is currently under the care of her grandfather, Andrew Carli, in Navarre Beach, Florida, while her father Marcus Spenevelo, 37, remains behind bars on charges related to her mother's disappearance.'

SBM and EBM

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back