FL - Chad Oulson, 43, killed in Wesley Chapel theater shooting, 13 Jan 2014 *Former LE arrest*

The witness who just testified, Alan Hamilton, was an off-duty Sumpter County Sheriff's Department Corporal . He disarmed Curtis Reeves after he shot Chad Oulson. He provided some damning evidence during Curtis Reeves' bond hearing, which was excluded from this trial. It says much about Curtis Reeves' character.

[Mrs. Reeves to husband, Curtis Reeves]: "'That was no cause to shoot anyone.'"
[Alan Hamilton]: "And then he [Curtis Reeves] leaned back around and stuck his finger out, you know, as to, you know, scold her and said, 'You shut your *advertiser censored***** [expletive deleted] mouth and don't say another word.'"

Here's a link to a portion of Alan Hamilton's testimony from the Bond Hearing (February 5, 2014), that was not allowed in:

http://www.curtisreevestrial.com/files/1155.pdf

Alan Hamilton's testimony that I am referring to can be found by scrolling down the document to Exhibit C - pp. 333-334.

In Reeves' defense, I believe I saw him smile at the jury -- but maybe it was just gas.

He was thoroughly and painfully discredited today by the defense. The prosecution did not completely dismiss him, so maybe he'll be back in their rebuttal case.

After reading Alan Hamilton's testimony from the bond hearing (thanks alexwood) and listening to him today, he seems to have been totally compromised somehow. His initial testimony seemed to be one of confidence...today he looked anything but that...why?

Reeves definitely appears smug and overconfident, especially when the jury reappears.

After reading Alan Hamilton's testimony from the bond hearing (thanks alexwood) and listening to him today, he seems to have been totally compromised somehow. His initial testimony seemed to be one of confidence...today he looked anything but that...why?

Reeves definitely appears smug and overconfident, especially when the jury reappears.

Are you thinking something is compromised? I did think it was very strange the prosecution didn't even try to do a redirect on Hamilton.

His initial testimony is available for all to see....his testimony today is available for all to hear...they obviously don't match.

In his initial testimony Hamilton came across with confidence and it was damning to Reeves....Today he looked bullied and he looked badly coached...why? did he cross some blue line?

Last edited:
I thought it odd that Hamilton is already retired. Is he really retired, or was he allowed to "retire" in the aftermath of this case? I don't think he had that many years in LE to have attained an age where he would retire.

ETA: O.K. I stand corrected. Just beginning to watch his testimony from the Feb. 20, 2017 Stand Your Ground (SYG) Hearing and he states that he is now a SGT (was promoted from Corporal) and that he has 14.5 years with the Sumpter County Sheriff's Office. So, he does have enough years in to retire, I believe.

Last edited:
I thought it odd that Hamilton is already retired. Is he really retired, or was he allowed to "retire" in the aftermath of this case? I don't think he had that many years in LE to have attained an age where he would retire.

yeah, I found that odd as well...also, the prosecution had so many ways to object or redirect and didn't. it doesn't pass the smell test.

and his wife's testimony contradicted his today...how does that happen eight years after the fact with two people still living together?

did the prosecution allow it to happen or were they blindsided? I'm guessing/hoping the latter.

and I'm pro good cop...always.....but he definitely looked intimidated and badly coached (by who?) today.

Last edited:
You guys have me curious on Alan Hamilton, so I searched for his testimony during the SYG hearing and am going to watch. Here it is if anyone wants to do the same--starts at about 10 minutes in on the first video

I also thought it was very brave for Hamilton to run to the "roar"

he ran over and picked up the gun from Reese's lap...he didn't know the gun was on his lap until he was close to where the shot had been fired.

His initial testimony is available for all to see....his testimony today is available for all to hear...they obviously don't match.

In his initial testimony Hamilton came across with confidence and it was damning to Reeves....Today he looked bullied and he looked badly coached...why? did he cross some blue line?

Here's the link for YouTube video from Law & Crime Network with testimony of Corporal Hamilton from the Bond Hearing dated 02/05/2014:

His testimony runs the entire length of the video, which is 43:55 min. long. It is entitled, "Curtis Reeves Hearing Part 6 02/05/14"

I can't believe how much Hamilton has aged in 8 years' time.

You guys have me curious on Alan Hamilton, so I searched for his testimony during the SYG hearing and am going to watch. Here it is if anyone wants to do the same--starts at about 10 minutes in on the first video

Thanks, Gardenista. I don't think I ever watched the SYG hearing testimony. I'll have a gander.

Also, the Prosecutor, Manny Garcia, does not look well to me. I hope he's doing okay. I really took a liking to him during the Curtis Reeves Bond hearing.

(I guess if he could see me, he'd say I've aged!)

I can't believe this is the same guy...I thought I had something wrong. Today he was owned by the defense and his testimony did nothing for the State's case.

I can't believe this is the same guy...I thought I had something wrong. Today he was owned by the defense and his testimony did nothing for the State's case.

It's almost as if he's resigned to the fact that he is now retired, no longer has a dog in this fight, and is just spent. This is his third time testifying in the case. Maybe he just doesn't want to deal with being brow-beaten by the defense any longer. Maybe it's more than that. (IMO)

I don't know if they will recall him as a witness, so he can get in testimony about Reeves' verbally threatening Reeves' own wife -- to keep her mouth shut and not to say another f-----g word. I tend to think that's it for Ret. Sgt. Hamilton, as far as testifying is concerned. Vivian Reeves has been sitting in the courtroom during the entire trial, thus far, and so we know she won't be testifying.

Last edited:
Listened to the video ..thank you alexwood....I think there is something very strange going on here...I get there is some that the court ordered not to be allowed in this trial but that testimony from the hearing was so daming and revealing and this guy just played to the defense today. I have to wonder ...I had read that Reeves knows many high up officials in the county and I am now really wondering.

It's almost as if he's resigned to the fact that he is now retired, no longer has a dog in this fight, and is just spent. This is his third time testifying in the case. Maybe he just doesn't want to deal with being brow-beaten by the defense any longer. Maybe it's more than that. (IMO)

I don't know if they will recall him as a witness, so he can get in testimony about Reeves' verbally threatening Reeves' own wife -- to keep her mouth shut and not to say another f-----g word. I tend to think that's it for Ret. Sgt. Hamilton, as far as testifying is concerned. Vivian Reeves has been sitting in the courtroom during the entire trial, thus far, and so we know she won't be testifying.

So as his wife is she not subject to subpoena? She should be testifying. The fact that STate did not even try to rehab that testimony was really noteworthy. I could not believe it.

So as his wife is she not subject to subpoena? She should be testifying. The fact that STate did not even try to rehab that testimony was really noteworthy. I could not believe it.

I don't think that she has to testify, unless she wants to, because she is married to him. I don't think she can be forced to testify. (IMO -- But correct me, if necessary!)

At 39:30 of the Stand Your Ground Hearing testimony of Vivian Reeves, she flat out denies saying to Curtis Reeves, after he shot Chad Oulson: "That was no cause to shoot that man."

So, that in effect, seems to obliterate the testimony from Corporal Hamilton about the subject and Reeves' threat to her that she better keep her mouth shut and not say another f----g word.

I don't think Corporal Hamilton made it up.

Nevertheless, stick a fork in Reeves because he's done.

At 39:30 of the Stand Your Ground Hearing testimony of Vivian Reeves, she flat out denies saying to Curtis Reeves, after he shot Chad Oulson: "That was no cause to shoot that man."

So, that in effect, seems to obliterate the testimony from Corporal Hamilton about the subject and Reeves' threat to her that she better keep her mouth shut and not say another f----g word.

I don't think Corporal Hamilton made it up.

Nevertheless, stick a fork in Reeves because he's done.
no way did he make that up...I think all the Reeves have no problem lying...they feel entitled to do so.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nteetee
Back