FL - Chad Oulson, 43, killed in Wesley Chapel theater shooting, 13 Jan 2014 *Former LE arrest*

She's never been so afraid in her life and I believe that. I'd be the same. the rest of it is what it is. She told the truth as she has done the entire time.
Obviously that is just your opinion.

I do agree that more or less she told the truth....I think she is/was afraid of her husband and in that situation afraid for some sort of altercation...I am sure what happened was extremely shocking to her...she just wanted to move seats in a theater where there were many empty seats.
Agreed and if CR was so ‘afraid’ why did he leave his wife alone while he went to management?

I really need to watch the surveillance video clips again... did Reeves have the gun in his right pocket and fire with his right hand? 'Just wondering since he appears to be left-handed. (Not that this is particularly important, I'm just curious.)

I really need to watch the surveillance video clips again... did Reeves have the gun in his right pocket and fire with his right hand? 'Just wondering since he appears to be left-handed. (Not that this is particularly important, I'm just curious.)
Just because Reeves holds his popcorn with his left hand, does not make him left handed.

Just because Reeves holds his popcorn with his left hand, does not make him left handed.

I'm watching him write at the defense table... with his left hand. Thus, it's my opinion he is left-handed.

The defense keeps repeating over and over "it was dark" ....I'm thinking, if it was so dark, then how could his client have aimed and shot Mr. Oulson in the heart? If it was so dark, then how did his client even know what he was aiming at when he pulled the trigger? If it was so dark, then was his client shooting in the dark, thus putting other movie goers in danger of being shot?

'Seems to me if Reeves was eager to shoot he would have carried the gun in his left pocket... ready to fire with his dominant hand. He could have even moved it to his other pocket when out speaking to manager but he didn't. I'm not even sure he actually "aimed"... he just fired at someone he believed was attacking him.

jmo

2/23/2022 update...more defense witnesses with what I consider irrelevant testimony allowed by Judge Susan. State argued but lost and some video recreation of the theater event will be permitted. The defense has this type of witnesses lined up until Friday afternoon and no idea if CR will take the stand. The cross may be interesting but at this point I think the jury must be insulted at what they are having to listen to and clearly defense is desperate. CR is getting so much consideration in terms of time, taxpayer $$ spent on this case and basically the case is simple...he shot Chad Oulson and his wife with provocation that never rose to the level you could use self defense as the defense...CR was the aggressor.

2/23/2022 update...more defense witnesses with what I consider irrelevant testimony allowed by Judge Susan. State argued but lost and some video recreation of the theater event will be permitted. The defense has this type of witnesses lined up until Friday afternoon and no idea if CR will take the stand. The cross may be interesting but at this point I think the jury must be insulted at what they are having to listen to and clearly defense is desperate. CR is getting so much consideration in terms of time, taxpayer $$ spent on this case and basically the case is simple...he shot Chad Oulson and his wife with provocation that never rose to the level you could use self defense as the defense...CR was the aggressor.
I completely agree. The jury is going to get to the deliberations room and breathe a sigh of relief that they don’t have to listen to this irrelevant testimony any longer. It’s all a big show by the defense. They may as well have brought popcorn for all attendees of the trial. MOO

Yeah, I have only occasionally tuned into this, but today was watching and a doctor was testifying about his knee cartilage.??????

The defense went all out on their experts and I can see why the jury has been fascinated with their testimony. The prosecution has been completely smoked by the defense, so I'm wondering if they have their own experts on standby to try to undo the damage.

It's too bad the defense use of force expert can't testify his opinion that Curtis was justified in shooting Chad. Seems like the state could have gotten an expert to refute that, but maybe they couldn't find one. I hope the defense is allowed to bring out the fact that the state used the defense's use of force expert in the Drejka trial.

I completely agree. The jury is going to get to the deliberations room and breathe a sigh of relief that they don’t have to listen to this irrelevant testimony any longer. It’s all a big show by the defense. They may as well have brought popcorn for all attendees of the trial. MOO

It seems like they are trying to bore the jury to death, in the hope the juror's will forget what the case is about and be so confused they acquit the movie theatre killer. imo

The defense went all out on their experts and I can see why the jury has been fascinated with their testimony. The prosecution has been completely smoked by the defense, so I'm wondering if they have their own experts on standby to try to undo the damage.

It's too bad the defense use of force expert can't testify his opinion that Curtis was justified in shooting Chad. Seems like the state could have gotten an expert to refute that, but maybe they couldn't find one. I hope the defense is allowed to bring out the fact that the state used the defense's use of force expert in the Drejka trial.
Yep they are so worried they don't even both to cross these irrelevant witnesses.

BOOM, the UOF expert cleared up the ridiculous media narrative that Oulson was shot over popcorn. Absolutely absurd.

They had to dispel that "popcorn murder" tag put on their client's actions...so great they did that. So now it is a murder due to a phone thrown at high speed that resulted in no injuries to their client and not one witness confirmed they saw the "phone assault" including his wife who was right there. Good luck. Jury too smart for that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rodrickheffley
Back