FL - Chad Oulson, 43, killed in Wesley Chapel theater shooting, 13 Jan 2014 *Former LE arrest*

When he got to the day of the shooting and first started talking about how the phone was bothering him, he sounded as though he is still mad about it to this day! It's still eating him up that somebody used a phone in his vicinity. Even after he had used his own phone earlier. He's not a contented individual, misses giving orders all day long, and he's not taking aging very well. I don't like it either, I have bad discs too and need PT, puts me in a ornery mood at times, but, and I know this may sound crazy, that's not an excuse to shoot anyone.

Oulson was also out of line, a bit of a testosterone contest going on there, he may have committed a crime, but he's not on trial here. Because you shot him, dude.

Last edited:
Anyone else think the prosecutor did a terrible job questioning CR today? Would love to hear some thoughts on that. CR just seemed so matter of fact and confident that HE was in fear for his life. I’m almost thinking not guilty after today’s testimony. Yikes.

Yes, the prosecutor was all over the place. Quite the contrast between his desperation to try to make a point and CR's confidence. I'm hopeful they find him NG, but I always remember the Casey Anthony trial, so I won't be surprised if he's found G.

Anyone else think the prosecutor did a terrible job questioning CR today? Would love to hear some thoughts on that. CR just seemed so matter of fact and confident that HE was in fear for his life. I’m almost thinking not guilty after today’s testimony. Yikes.
Quite the contrary Rosenwasser is excellent and his cross exam got right to the issues. I think by far he is the best attorney in the courtroom and much smarter than the judge. She is now saying no way sequestration for this group if they need another day...she wants to keep them going into all hours of the night. There are rules on sequestration and Rosenwasser seems to know more about that. Somehow I hope (only takes one juror) that they will vote Guilty and he will finally pay for what he did. I think he is very hard to have any sympathy for with all of his arrogance. As someone in an earlier comment said he is still very MAD at Chad and I think would do the same thing again. Rosenwasser will do the closing today for the State and again I expect it to be excellent...but they have the burden of proof and reasonable doubt in a dark movie theater can be pretty easy to create so no predictions here.

I think the prosecutor did a good job with the cross examination. I think there were other points he could have made but I believe he was able to pinpoint the flaws in CR’s made up narrative.

One of the best closings I have ever listened to. Rosenwasser is great! Son Chad sat with cell phone on his lap looking down at it for the entire closing...I think he was defiant and trying to make some statement. I am scared of him too.

One of the best closings I have ever listened to. Rosenwasser is great! Son Chad sat with cell phone on his lap looking down at it for the entire closing...I think he was defiant and trying to make some statement. I am scared of him too.
Completely agree. It was great.

You mean Reeves's son?

@KatieJonesTV
Watching Matt Reeves right now -- He has his head down and he's shaking his head as the prosecution talks. #CurtisReeves

So I am back at my homestead location 75 miles south of Pasco County. Totally different demographics. Residents are more educated and definitely wealthier. Pasco County is a working class county whereas the island I am on is professional. About the same ratio of retired vs employed. Media coverage of this trial is the same as the media markets overlap. While talking with neighbors I found few that are following this trial at all, but the few that are do not buy the age defense either. Not so much offensive but more silly. Definitely more of the back the blue here and willing to give the benefit of doubt to Reeves.

I could be wrong but I think it all boils down to the different amounts of interaction with LE. Here there is really little interaction, and when there is it is more of a helpful interaction, keys locked in car etc., whereas in Pasco the interactions are for traffic infractions, neighbor disputes, etc. Disclosure here - I did have an interaction with the police here years ago in the middle of the night. I woke up at 2 am and had a mouse swimming in my toilet. I could have sworn it was a foot long, haha I called the police to assist and they responded and took care of removing it. I doubt that I would get the same response in Pasco County.

I think the prosecutor brought out the fact that what CR now says, is different than what many of the witnesses have said they saw or heard. CR can say things over and over, but it doesn't mean that what he says is the truth.....as he has an overwhelming motive to lie because he doesn't want to be found Guilty.

Well in the hands of the jury.This is the first trial that I have seen the jury get the case after 5pm on Friday with no provision for Sat. court or sequestration. The judge is giving the impression she expects a verdict this evening and even mentioned CR could wait in courtroom and more or less said see you later to the jury. Now I think a quick verdict is possible but never have I seen the expectation that a jury will deliberate long into the night and stay until they have one. Judge Susan is very casual and I would be nervous to be tried in her courtroom...thanks to Rosenwasser for finding errors on instructions and in general trying to make sure some legal standards were maintained.

Well in the hands of the jury.This is the first trial that I have seen the jury get the case after 5pm on Friday with no provision for Sat. court or sequestration. The judge is giving the impression she expects a verdict this evening and even mentioned CR could wait in courtroom and more or less said see you later to the jury. Now I think a quick verdict is possible but never have I seen the expectation that a jury will deliberate long into the night and stay until they have one. Judge Susan is very casual and I would be nervous to be tried in her courtroom...thanks to Rosenwasser for finding errors on instructions and in general trying to make sure some legal standards were maintained.
I have never seen this in any trial I’ve observed.

This judge finally showed some assertiveness in her voice. But I’m shocked that she thinks these jurors should stay up all night if necessary. I would think that is grounds for appeal if he is found guilty. Surely she knows the rules.

I just listened to some commentary on Court TV on this and they too don't quite understand after a completely full day expecting they will work late into the night with no provisions for not coming to a verdict? I mean it probably takes a bit just to get organized and get a foreperson. Given the case, the facts and the closings I think a quick quilty on 2nd is likely however not for the judge to decide and also if there is say one not on board that takes time which they have been given the impression they do not have. Get this...the judge says to dismissed alternates that they are welcome to wait in the courtroom for a verdict if they would like to hang around?????

Hassle Doctrine denies justice for Florida's black males

[. . .]
"I am not concerned about the outcome of the Reeves 'movie shooter' trial. Why? In Florida the justice system statistically provides white victims of white-on-white gun slayings greater justice than victims of white-on-black gun-related killings. I believe that Reeves will be rightfully convicted for killing Oulson. Whether or not Oulson, a husband, father and Navy veteran, yelled, cursed, made threats or threw popcorn at Reeves will be irrelevant at the end of the day. Why? Because the jury will rightly determine that Reeves' deadly response was criminal."

Food for thought, while we await a verdict.

Last edited:
Is this judge saying a hung jury is not allowed? This is the strangest thing I’ve ever heard.
No Becky....I did not hear that....she wants a verdict and she wants it tonight but I think this jury is smart and they know that if they want to go home and come back Monday they can and they know what a hung jury is. I will say Rosenwasser is very concerning about a problem with a juror at this point with media etc and really wanted them sequestered but no way per judge.

If you will observe, at 1:08-1:12 of the video above, CR seems to glide through that aisle. It appears that his cane is not really needed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunnySomber
Back