GUILTY FL - Christopher Davis, 2, dies after finding loaded gun, Port Charlotte, 18 Nov 2012

Look, I'm admittedly pro-gun control in urban areas but this seems a separate issue.

Shouldn't leaving guns unlocked around children be a crime if a child shoots himself or someone else? It's manslaughter when someone is accidentally killed by a child, IMO.

Isn't this a place where those who are pro- and anti-control can meet?

I agree and would much rather hold the person who left the dangerous tool unsecured accountable than the tool itself.

I did a quick google search to see if there were any updates. My search included "3 year old shoots himself". Search came up with at least 4 separate incidences of 3 year olds shooting themselves and that was only on the first page of my google search. :notgood:

Seems hinky to me........middle of the night for 1.
2. car with no tags 3. no one in the neighborhood knows them
figure that all out................

Could be a " thing" too meaning thugs came over to party, knock boots, whatever and left their pants on the floor with the firearm in them. Kid finds gun on floor and "bang".

That happened recently here in Macon. After the kid was shot the half dozen adults present at the time hid the gun and called 911.

:floorlaugh:I just learned a new term "knock boots".... from context in sentence, I am pretty sure my understanding is correct.... Oh the education I get at WS!

I hate reading about these senseless losses......the same goes for swimming pool deaths of toddlers... yet here in Fla almost everyone has a pool and again there is a building code for swimming pools in regards to child proofing yet accidents happen ..

as you can see by my avatar what my belief is ...Just saying

Look, I'm admittedly pro-gun control in urban areas but this seems a separate issue.

Shouldn't leaving guns unlocked around children be a crime if a child shoots himself or someone else? It's manslaughter when someone is accidentally killed by a child, IMO.

Isn't this a place where those who are pro- and anti-control can meet?

It is a crime. You will be charged with manslaughter for leaving a loaded gun in reach of a child. People need training with guns, you would think common sense would work but apparently not.

Irresponsible and/or murderous people kill people. Guns are simply the tool.

I want to know more about this one but if posters make it about gun control the thread will get shut down so that is my only cmment about the guns/no guns topic.

BUT, if there was proper gun control, we would not have a deceased 3 year old....gun control seems to be a major issue with this case from what we know so far.

From June 2013:

http://ufdc.ufl.edu/AA00016616/00008

Christopher C. Davis, 24, of Port Charlotte, scrubbed his own tears away as he pleaded no contest to culpable negligence, a third-degree felony, for leaving his Glock .40-caliber handgun unsecured in his closet.

His son, Christopher Eli Davis, grabbed it and accidentally shot himself.

Nearly everyone present in court teared up when 20th Circuit Judge Amy Hawthorne withheld adjudication and sentenced Davis to two years of probation and 50 hours of community service, with the stipulation that Davis would spend his time teaching others about child and gun safety.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back