Notes from Cieha's mother and Cieha's sister-in-law in this video.
PORTRAIT OF CIEHA
PORTRAIT OF CIEHA'S BOYFRIEND
- Cieha (Ki-YAH) is biracial. Father is black and mother is white.
- She is her mother's only daughter.
- The sister in law is married to Cieha's brother.
- Mother says Cieha was "couchsurfing" between her boyfriend's house and friend, but her listed address was her family home.
- Momma Taylor's portrait of Cieha: very bubbly, avid reader, loves nature, sees the good in everybody, people love to be around her because of her optimistic personality, loved the beach
- Sister-in-law reaffirms that Cieha "saw the good in everyone" and "always was there to lift somebody's spirit". She was the life of the party and a generous spirit who loved life.
TIMELINE FROM FAMILY IN VIDEO
Monday Feb. 3:
- Family suspicious of boyfriend.
- SIL did not like the boyfriend--"didn't seem like he had her best interests at heart"... "a very toxic relationship from what we saw and what we heard." Boyfriend only came by after dark, didn't want to meet the family, lacked a public or monogamous relationship and led her on.
- Mother says Ceiha was in relationship with BF for 2 years off and on, but they've known each other for four years.
- Mother has never had a conversation with the BF at any point during their relationship.
- Mother says Ceiha never expressed concerns or a sense of threat from people outside BF's circle.
- SIL says that "shady stuff" was going on with BF and his friends but can't disclose details due to ongoing investigation.
last day that family member saw Ceiha alive.
Thursday Feb. 6:
last day Ceiha was seen alive by others
Sunday, February 9
- Thursday morning, C. took BF to work and hung out around the workplace (took a selfie on her phone) until he got off from work.
- Mom called during the day and C. didn't answer the phone and it seemed strange, but they thought she was busy.
- Thursday afternoon C picked BF up and dropped him off at his best friend's home. The BF's best friend lives with his parents but they hang out in the detached garage where best friend lives.
- BF, his friend, and his friend's father were the last to see her at 4 pm on Thursday.
- 7 pm vehicle found. Plant City PD get a call that a car is abandoned on the tracks. Plant City PD sends out officer to running car; officer moves it to the side of the road since it's obstructing traffic and locks the door. Sheriff supposedly shows up, but it's unclear. Fact: Car left there by LE without licenses being run or more being done.
FAMILY UNHAPPY WITH LE'S LATE START ON CASE
- Sunday night, BF calls one of Cieha's friends and tells her Ceiha's car is on the side of the road. Friend and mom go there and call AAA.
- The car is fine so friend drives car back to Momma Taylor's house 45 minutes away.
- Momma Taylor and SIL agree that Cieha would not leave her car, her phone, her life--something is very very wrong.
ODD DETAILS AND QUESTIONS MENTIONED BY FAMILY
- PD will not release name of officer who moved the car and left it. Family says LE claim they don't have a record of it. Another woman went missing 2 weeks prior seven miles away from where her car was found. No attempt made to contact car owner is a red flag to family about possible LE misaction in this case.
- PD told family they didn't have caselog or info at all about who moved the car.
- Family learned that LE had moved the car from local community members who witnessed it. LE never called family to mention moving the car or to inform them the Cieha was missing.
- Four days passed before missing persons report was filed.
- It took the acting detective 10 days to get the case.
- Family very unhappy and frustrated with Hillsborough County Sheriff and Plant City PD.
- SIL has confirmation that BF did not call Ceiha's phone during those four days of absence. This is very strange. It's as if he knew no one would answer.
- BF and friend's father said that Ceiha "left distraught" but they did not follow up or check on her.
- Mother says Ceiha is "overly dramatic" and that's just her personality. She feels things intensely and is passionate. Implication that C. "acting distraught" doesn't mean prone to self-harm but part of her regular personality.
- Four days passed before BF's best friend's house was searched, so much could happen in those four days. Concern about lost evidence.
- No flat tires and nothing wrong with the car that would explain it being abandoned.
- Forensic testing was done on the car that Monday and PD kept it for 6 to 8 weeks before returning it to C.'s Mom.
- When family searched that area, those shoes weren't there. Family says "we know for a fact someone put those shoes there." Sheriff's dept is holding shoes as evidence.
- Family doesn't think that Cieha's case is connected to case of other missing woman nearby. They thought that at first but "things they have seen and learned" now make them believe there is no connection between these cases.
RED FLAG TAKEAWAY: SIL has confirmation that BF did not call Ceiha's phone during those four days of absence
. This is very strange.
Family begs anyone in that small community to share what they know. Also urges us to follow the Finding Cieha page on Facebook for information.
If you have info on Cieha's case, please contact the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office at 813-247-8200.