FL FL - Cieha Taylor, 28, dropped off bf, car found on tracks, Plant City, 6 Feb 2020 *Reward*

Just a thought...
It wouldn’t be too hard for someone to ditch her car on the RR tracks, and head down the tracks back to a house or a waiting vehicle.

That's been my take, from the beginning. I don't think she left that house, if she was even there that day.

On a tangent, I would like to see information on cell data sharing. If certain companies are freer with info, or if adding a second person helps, find my phone limits, etc. Our voluntarily "implanted" tracking devices should be able to be used for good.

Finding Cieha

Sept 4 (8 hrs ago)
Our family has decided to offer a $5,000 reward for any information that leads to us finding Cieha.

•All tips need to be called in to the Hillsborough County Sheriff Office at 813-247-8200.
•Tell the dispatcher you are calling in a tip for Cieha Taylor.
•The detective covering Ciehas case is Detective Florio.
•Cieha’s case number is 108254.

If you do not want to call HCSO you need to send a message on messenger to the findingcieha page and we will respond to you.

Finding Cieha

Sept 4 (8 hrs ago)
Our family has decided to offer a $5,000 reward for any information that leads to us finding Cieha.

•All tips need to be called in to the Hillsborough County Sheriff Office at 813-247-8200.
•Tell the dispatcher you are calling in a tip for Cieha Taylor.
•The detective covering Ciehas case is Detective Florio.
•Cieha’s case number is 108254.

If you do not want to call HCSO you need to send a message on messenger to the findingcieha page and we will respond to you.

Reward might help. A Private Investigator is badly needed.

I find it very strange that LE sees a car with the engine running, sitting on railroad tracks with personal items inside and doesn’t call it in, doesn’t run the plate and doesn’t report it to the family.
Is this normal procedure for Hillsborough County LE?

With the interviews, articles, etc we’ve gathered that it was called in by someone passing by to the Plant City PD, not knowing it wasn’t in their jurisdiction. Plant City responded by going to where the car was located however.

And that’s where the story begins to change depending on the source.

With the interviews, articles, etc we’ve gathered that it was called in by someone passing by to the Plant City PD, not knowing it wasn’t in their jurisdiction. Plant City responded by going to where the car was located however.

called in by someone passing by

Why wasn’t it called in and researched by LE that first found the car with its engine running and drove it off the railroad tracks?!!!

Interesting. I had first thought an out of jurisdiction Plant City LEO had stumbled across it, but never heard if on or off duty. Officer's name withheld, mention of investigation, but no action? It had a vibe, IMO, of an undercover operation, watching BF and/or pal, or house in general, they follow and stop her, and it all went sideways.

If in fact there was no LE contact before a citizen call, I'm solidly on the BF and pal dropping the car there and hot-footing back home down the tracks. Without the pings and phone data, I'm not sure she even made it to the house.

I'm not sure if it's because of, or in spite of, my LE past, and general FL distrust, but the red flags have always flown for me, on this case.

Side note, dash/body cams really need to be universal. Not to "catch" bad guys, or bad cops, to catch "truth".

Interesting. I had first thought an out of jurisdiction Plant City LEO had stumbled across it, but never heard if on or off duty. Officer's name withheld, mention of investigation, but no action? It had a vibe, IMO, of an undercover operation, watching BF and/or pal, or house in general, they follow and stop her, and it all went sideways.

If in fact there was no LE contact before a citizen call, I'm solidly on the BF and pal dropping the car there and hot-footing back home down the tracks. Without the pings and phone data, I'm not sure she even made it to the house.

I'm not sure if it's because of, or in spite of, my LE past, and general FL distrust, but the red flags have always flown for me, on this case.

Side note, dash/body cams really need to be universal. Not to "catch" bad guys, or bad cops, to catch "truth".
If in fact there was no LE contact before a citizen call,
Didn’t LE drive the car off the tracks?

I find it very strange that LE sees a car with the engine running, sitting on railroad tracks with personal items inside and doesn’t call it in, doesn’t run the plate and doesn’t report it to the family.
Is this normal procedure for Hillsborough County LE?

Why wasn’t it called in and researched by LE that first found the car with its engine running and drove it off the railroad tracks?!!!
Didn’t LE drive the car off the tracks?

Yes, LE drove her car off the tracks & parked it off the road. In the HC sheriff’s interview, he stated a call was made to PCPD and a PC police officer and a HCSO deputy both ended up responding. He doesn’t come out and say exactly which one moved the car; what he states is the police and deputy made the decision together that the car needed to be moved.
In the interview with Cieha’s mother & SIL, that just talk about how the call was made to PCPD and a police officer came out, ultimately moving the vehicle.

Yes, LE drove her car off the tracks & parked it off the road. In the HC sheriff’s interview, he stated a call was made to PCPD and a PC police officer and a HCSO deputy both ended up responding. He doesn’t come out and say exactly which one moved the car; what he states is the police and deputy made the decision together that the car needed to be moved.
In the interview with Cieha’s mother & SIL, that just talk about how the call was made to PCPD and a police officer came out, ultimately moving the vehicle.
Earlier it said LE seen the car and removed it from the tracks but did not write a report or contact the family.
Plant city is in Hillsbourgh County so what office did he call?

2-6-20
Early that evening family says a law enforcement officer found her black 2000 Toyota Solaris sitting empty on some railroad tracks; the engine running. It was moved to the side of the road a few feet, turned off, and left with the Cieha’s things inside.

“Her keys, her phone, her license, her debit card, everything was in her vehicle. If anyone knows Cieha, Cieha never leaves her cell phone,” said Cieha’s sister-in-law Porshia.

Hillsborough detectives came out four days later after family called for help.

Family searches for Dade City woman gone missing in Plant City

Last edited:
I can totally see a citizen calling the PD to report the car and not realizing it wasn’t in their jurisdiction. And I can see PCPD contacting HCSO to let them know the situation. (That may be why they ended up out there.)

But what I can’t understand is why PCPD is stating they have no record of the call to the PD, no incident number, or report on the incident...like it never happened!

Ok, so it wasn’t in the PCPD’s jurisdiction but the incident did happen, the police officer did respond, and the police officer did take part in the vehicle being moved...so there should be some type of record. And maybe there is and they’re just being untruthful saying they don’t have one.

Another thing I don’t understand is how LE can decide to move the vehicle and NOTHING MORE, how they can decide that trying to find the owner or at run the tags. IMO, even if it’s not in your jurisdiction, you took the time to respond to the scene, take the time to run the tags. Jurisdiction or not, IMO, that’s just poor police work.

Earlier it said LE seen the car and removed it from the tracks but did not write a report or contact the family.
Plant city is in Hillsbourgh County so what office did he call?
I posted earlier (prob mid thread) when the jurisdiction question emerged a link to a map of Hillsborough County. It shows the area/street that the car was found in NOT to be in the city limits. So even though that part of the city is considered Plant City, it is in the county’s jurisdiction. The caller is said to have called Plant City (I’m assuming they believed that was who to call not knowing it should’ve been HCSO).

I can totally see a citizen calling the PD to report the car and not realizing it wasn’t in their jurisdiction. And I can see PCPD contacting HCSO to let them know the situation. (That may be why they ended up out there.)

But what I can’t understand is why PCPD is stating they have no record of the call to the PD, no incident number, or report on the incident...like it never happened!

Ok, so it wasn’t in the PCPD’s jurisdiction but the incident did happen, the police officer did respond, and the police officer did take part in the vehicle being moved...so there should be some type of record. And maybe there is and they’re just being untruthful saying they don’t have one.

Another thing I don’t understand is how LE can decide to move the vehicle and NOTHING MORE, how they can decide that trying to find the owner or at run the tags. IMO, even if it’s not in your jurisdiction, you took the time to respond to the scene, take the time to run the tags. Jurisdiction or not, IMO, that’s just poor police work.
So PCPD’s jurisdiction must just be inside the city limit of Plant City? Anything outside the city limits but still in Plant City must be Hillsbourgh County jurisdiction.

What date did the friendly citizen see the car and report it?

Found it.

Feb 9
•a family friend notified the mother that the car was found (by this same friend) in the spot the police officer parked it; notified 10pm
•CT reported missing soon after, same night

bf didn’t notice that she had been missing for 3 days, even though they lived in the same house?

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back